HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

This will be the Official Support thread for Matt's BenchMate benchmark tool. This software will verify the Windows timer issue (known as the RTC bug) some users could run into when running older Intel or any AMD processor on Windows 8/10/11. Also it will check the security of the benchmark.

Click the below link to see a quick grasp of BenchMate works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJFi6MFmGtb46k_nHPiAiMdIor32WLu2/view

Grab the BenchMate 10.12.2 tool here 

BenchMate 10.12.2 is out . It's also the new mandatory version of BenchMate as defined by HWBOT. If you find any bugs, please send them my way so Mat can fix them asap.

Donations

This software will always be free for the benchmarking community around the globe. Therefore we rely on crowdfunding to be able to pay for ongoing certificate and licensing costs and to allow us to dedicate more time to bugfixes and development of brand-new features. With your help we can define a Future proof verification of benchmarking:

If reporting something always include:

• motherboard & CPU used
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not)
  • Drivers installed for chipset
  • What you tried to solve the problem

benchmate-preview_238634.jpg

Benchmate Change Logs:

Benchmate 10.12.2

Features & Improvements

• Support for y-cruncher 0.7.10 with optimized Zen 4 workload
  • New tweak for Super PI: Sloppy Wazaa - shaves off 10 seconds on 32M using a 12900K @5G. Works a bit like Copy Waza, but takes a sloppy shortcut to clear the System Cache. Works best together with RAMDisk AWE to stabilize performance after multiple runs or reboots. The tweak is applied before Super PI is started. On reboots wait a few seconds for the OS to settle in before starting Super PI from BenchMate.
  • Record new sensor information during benchmark run: Bus frequency (min/max), Memory Command Rate and RFC timing
  • Record new information for Intel CPUs: Ring frequency (min/max), Gear Mode
  • Improved CPU name detection for AMD engineering samples (AMD Ryzen instead of "AMD Eng Sample: 100-000000514-20_Y")
  • Added TSC timestamp information and skew to result dialog (needed for bus frequency reliability check)
  • Necessary bus frequency reliability check for AMD Zen to indicate that bus frequency was changed but it does not reflect in certain frequencies shown on the result window. See below for details.
  • Updated HWiNFO integration to 7.31:
    • Improved Raptor Lake support
    • Improved Zen 4 support
    • Bus frequency reliablity check for AMD Zen
    • Support for HWiNFO's freshly proposed, more reliable bus frequency read method provided by motherboard vendors
  • Switched AMD Zen measurement of Effective Clock to HWiNFO's Snapshot Polling Mode (more precise)
  • Reimplementation of a much stricter and less error-prone file integrity check of benchmark files
  • File integrity hashes are no longer shown in the result window, if they are valid (to save some vertical space and the hashes are hard to interpret anyways)
  • Added detection of Windows 10 22H2 and Windows 11 22H2 (22621 and 22622)
  • Updated tools: HWiNFO 7.31 Beta, CPU-Z 2.0.2, GPU-Z 2.49

Bugfixes

• Fix HPET skew bug with AMD Zen 4 CPUs (runs were flagged invalid due to an error during the timer skew check)
  • Resubmit BenchMate driver to Microsoft attestation signing to avoid possible performance degradation (KB5017241)
  • Fixed a couple of motherboards that do not communicate the number of DIMM slots through SMBIOS (ie: ROG Impact)
  • Use HWiNFO's socket count for CPU count (fixes wrong SMBIOS entries of some vendors)

Internal changes

• The client application is now compiled with the latest Visual Studio 2022 making use of C++20. The driver still needs 2019 to be able to compile a 32 bit version.
  • Fine-tuned compiler optimizations for the client and improved performance of several classes and functions

Important information regarding AMD Zen

Starting with HWiNFO 7.30 and BenchMate 10.12 all generations of AMD Zen CPUs may not show correct CPU/bus frequencies as well as Effective Clocks. Due to changes in HWiNFO dealing with unreliable bus frequencies during high load scenarios, the bus frequency is now only read once during startup of BenchMate/HWiNFO. Any changes of the bus clock after that point in time will not be reflected, hence showing unchanged values in the result dialog. There is a long-term plan to fix this at least for Zen 4. For now BenchMate detects these cases, marks the affected frequencies as unreliable and issues a warning.

Benchmate 0.10.11.2

• Reworked Super PI benchmark integration and added new RAMDisk mode called "RAMDisk AWE". You'll also find a couple of bugfixes and smaller improvements like latest HWiNFO integration for upcoming CPU platforms.

IMPORTANT

• Due to changes in the Super PI integration, you can no longer use the Task Manager to change CPU thread affinity! There is a new menu entry that helps you to select the affinity at any time.
  • The new RAMDisk AWE needs the SeLockMemoryPrivilege applied via group policy editor in Windows. See this FAQ entry for more details.
  • Updating an existing BenchMate installation sadly takes very long due to the huge number of files that need to be validated. If you want to speed up the process, you can uninstall the current version and install the new one. Your configuration and result files will be left in tact.
  • Features & Improvements

• Super PI: The integration now uses a thread for the calculation to separate all UI events from the calculation. The window is snappy now and interacting with it should only have little influence on the score.
  • Super PI: Added a new menu entry to set thread affinity. Due to the newly introduced calculation thread, you can no longer use the Task Manager to change affinity! That would have a bad impact on the whole bench, because you would force UI and calculation to use the same core. Use the menu instead.
  • Super PI: Added a new RAMDisk mode called "RAMDisk AWE" and it is fast! It uses a technique called AWE (Address Windowing Extensions) to map the intermediate buffer files directly into memory. The score is also more stable now, producing similar numbers even after hours of benching.
  • Super PI: The previous default RAMDisk mode is now called "RAMDisk PM" (PM stands for Process Memory).
  • Super PI: The previous RAMDisk LPM mode is now called "RAMPDisk LP" (LP stands for Large Pages). It is technically the same as RAMDisk PM but uses Large Pages locked into memory.
  • Super PI: Renamed "LPM" tweak to "Standby Process Memory" so it is not confused with RAMDisk LP. This tweak essentially tells the OS to reserve up to 500 MB for Super PI, if needed.
  • Improved error messages for missing SeLockMemoryPrivilege OS setting for RAMDisk LP and RAMDisk AWE
  • Improved CLI Wrapper benchmark result stability
  • Added new option to select HWBOT submission server. Current options are: hwbot.org (Production), uat.hwbot.org (Testing)
  • HWiNFO integration updated to latest beta of 7.27.7 to support the upcoming platforms as good as possible at this time. A big thank you to Martin Malik over at HWiNFO for his hard work!
  • Tool updates: HWiNFO 7.27.4840 Beta
  • Bugfixes

• Fixed CLI Wrapper thread affinity
  • Fixed Tweaks/options submenu not being shown after a fresh installation
  • Fixed layout of scores without categories for custom result dialog themes
  • Fixed CPU-Z icon going missing on result dialog button
  • Fixed GPUPI device name with duplicate vendor name (NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce ...). This is actually a GPUPI/CUDA bug.
  • Fixed font size of result dialog's save button for huge DPI settings

Grab the BenchMate 0.10.11.2 tool here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

X399 Creation and 2950X

1903 W10 

11/14/18 drivers/bios for the mobo

Ive tried reinstalling, new downloads, etc. basically I have gotten the software to open once with this setup to do some testing. Same OS but with my 990FXA-UD3/9370 combo and it pulls up just fine. 

Basically what happens when I open the program is the cmd prompt looking box opens, does it thing, closes and then nothing. Task Manager shows BenchMate running but I get no box to pop up. I don’t show anything in the task manager keeping it from opening. 

3 hours ago, doyousmellburning said:

has geekbench 4 cuda been fixed yet ? its splitting the cuda scores into single and multicore scores and then fails to upload . 

The compute test of Geekbench 4 is now fully supported with version 0.8, coming asap. With 0.7.x the software could not distinguish between CPU and Compute score.

As Leeghoofd said, uploading to HWBOT will not be possible until BenchMate is officially integrated into HWBOT. It's no biggie, the benchmark category just needs some configuration on the bot side.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

Guest Digg_de
On 7/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, Leeghoofd said:
  • motherboard & CPU used
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not)
  • Drivers installed for chipset
  • What you tried to solve the problem

No detection CB11.5 with:

• Z77 OC Formula & 2500k
  • Win10 64 Pro
  • All Drivers installed
  • Nothing

115-5.2.png

Edited by Leeghoofd

I keep getting errors extracting it. I've tried on 2 different PCs, one with W10 one with W7. Both get the same errors. Tried 3 different file downloads so far. Same thing every time. So not likely bad downloads.

error1.PNG.da35d563d39e74cea314084693819b41.PNGerror2.PNG.bca0a85234e15b1eac5132ed7a27c4d6.PNG

Actually...W10 threw another similar error one time I tried extracting it. But the 2 above are consistent between 7 and 10. Happen every time I try extracting it. Even when I redownload it.

error3.PNG.598917ac00f69cb89fd5ae7f6b0adbb2.PNG

App seems to work fine regardless. I have no idea why...

EDIT: Tried manually submitting a SPI-1M score just now. "Invalid data file: Unable to decrypt the datafile"

Screenshot works...

Super_PI_1M_6_805.thumb.jpg.0fff8dffecde558f08b52dab118de84c.jpg

Edited by MrGenius

The file you are getting an error from is just part of the normal Cinebench package. You can skip these files, they are just sample results shipping with the benchmark.

You can only upload GPUPI results for now. HWBOT can't handle other benchmarks yet because they need to be integrated. Hopefully soon. :)

• Like 2

• Crew

I installed my win10 (1903) Benchmate OS on Ryzen , testing went smooth (even the CB's) Afterwards  switched to AM3 and got issues to launch BenchMate.

Did a fresh install of Windows on the Crosshair V and all was fine again...

So I assume no platform switching with the same SSD :)

• Thanks 1

Guest Digg_de

Screenshots via Benchmate works with all Benchmarks and Platforms we need for the Competition? Or do i have to install and bench some Systems multiple Times until it works and the Screens are valid?

• Crew

Submissions via the screenshot made by the Benchmate tool. Them screens need to be valid (standard rules), so no blocking of the rendered scene for the CBs , Only CPUZ CPU and mem is required and the BenchMate score too...

The background is almost ready :)

Again the concept is to have fun, but more important to provide solid feedback on how you experience working with the BenchMate,

if you have issues/probs/rearks to report it there in the Official Support thread.

Guest Digg_de

Screenshot is hard to manage with FullHD Resolution. The Result Window is jumping to the right and blocking the rendered Scene. Is it a Win7 issue? I am just playing a bit.. later for Competition with Win10.

CINEBENCH_R15_699.jpg

Edited by Digg_de

2 hours ago, keeph8n said:

Tried a fresh install of 1903 last night. No dice on my TR4 setup. Tried turning HPET on and off and back on again. Hoping 0.8 fixes my issue(whatever it may be)

I'm currently testing the new version on several platforms. Successfully tested it on TR4 on my bench OS (for reviews):

https://hwbot.org/submission/4191705__mat__cinebench___r20_with_benchmate_ryzen_threadripper_2990wx_10984_pts

Don't be shocked about the world record, I've added a beta benchmark category that's called "Cinebench R20 with BenchMate" to make direct uploading to HWBOT possible.

Nonetheless we will find your problem. BenchMate 0.8 brings a fresh new Bug Report Tool, so bugs can be easily but also thorougly reported just by a few clicks.

3 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Screenshot is hard to manage with FullHD Resolution. The Result Window is jumping to the right and blocking the rendered Scene. Is it a Win7 issue? I am just playing a bit.. later for Competition with Win10.

CINEBENCH_R15_699.jpg

Interesting screenshot for sure. :D
Seems like BenchMate wasn't able to wait for the invalidated, old dialog position before the screen was captured.

I have changed the result dialog's behaviour now to always move back to the bottom right position of the screen.

The position of the result dialog is fixed because I think it's bad design to search the screenshot each time for the same information. It's even worse of course when comparing multiple screens, which we all do very often I'm sure.

Just reposition all other items, the result will be the same. Benchmark to the top left, CPU-Z windows to the right. Long term I think it's reasonable to remove the need for CPU-Z and GPU-Z windows on the screen. It's very time consuming and it shouldn't bring any extra information to the table. If it still does we should integrate it into the result window. So there will be much more space available in the future. :)

1 hour ago, _mat_ said:

I'm currently testing the new version on several platforms. Successfully tested it on TR4 on my bench OS (for reviews):

https://hwbot.org/submission/4191705__mat__cinebench___r20_with_benchmate_ryzen_threadripper_2990wx_10984_pts

Don't be shocked about the world record, I've added a beta benchmark category that's called "Cinebench R20 with BenchMate" to make direct uploading to HWBOT possible.

Nonetheless we will find your problem. BenchMate 0.8 brings a fresh new Bug Report Tool, so bugs can be easily but also thorougly reported just by a few clicks.

That’s absolutely fantastic to hear. Really want to bench tonight on both DDR4 and DDR3. Will download newest update if it’s out when I get home. 

Does Geekbench4 have to be the paid version for it to hook into the result? I don't have Geekbench4 paid and BenchMate 0.7.1 doesn't recognise any result once the GB has finished and uploaded the result to the Geekbench browser...

By the way, I was changing the Bus Speed during the GB4 run with ASUS' TurboV Core and BenchMate didn't complain.

Edit: Feature request - is it possible and/or likely to support saving the screenshots as .PNG? The .JPG is poor quality especially when it comes to CINEBENCH renders.

Info:

• Motherboard & CPU used: C6H & Ryzen 7 1800X
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not): Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)
  • Drivers installed for chipset: AMD Chipset Drivers Version 1.6.13.0400
  • What you tried to solve the problem : posted here ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by cbjaust

No, free version is enough but 0.7.1 had a problem with capturing the scores. It has been fixed already in 0.8.

Skew measurement is very different now on BenchMate, more precise and has less performance impact. I will go into details about it in the announcement post. Needs testing for sure.

PNG, noted and no problem at all. Might need to be combined with Gzip compression so the result uploading won't take forever on slow connections.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, _mat_ said:

No, free version is enough but 0.7.1 had a problem with capturing the scores. It has been fixed already in 0.8.

Skew measurement is very different now on BenchMate, more precise and has less performance impact. I will go into details about it in the announcement post. Needs testing for sure.

PNG, noted and no problem at all. Might need to be combined with Gzip compression so the result uploading won't take forever on slow connections.

haha, now you tell me! (USD$9.99 later - 4192919_cbjaust_geekbench4_multi_core_ryzen_7_1800x_30773_points/)

Yeah PNG would be great. Thanks.

Re: Skew, I found that CINEBENCH R15 would get a skew error warning quite a bit.