HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

Not really only the profiles, but whenever we submitted an XTU score, it would include in the datafile info regarding the hardware and software used (I think Benchmate gathers even more info) .  This was selectable info available via the submission (see pic1) Unless the bencher specifically wanted to hide his settings ( An option I never understood )

If we could work eg like that we could reduce the Benchmate score window :) 

matt1.jpg

matt2.jpg

matt3.jpg

I see nice integration for Benchmate, especially for 2D scores, I guess for 3D GPUZ and GPUZ sensor info will still need to be visible. 

_Matt_ how does benchmate react when we add bclock or change multis during a 3D benchmark? eg 3DMark06 : Run 7GHz for the GT's and 6.8 for the CPU test

Edited by Leeghoofd

Guest Digg_de

I can't open any App with:

GA-MA790X-DS4 + A64 X2 6000+, Win10 64bit Pro (10.0.14393) fresh install no tweaks, all drivers automatically installed by OS, what can i try to fix?

edit: i can't send a bug report cause i dont go online with this system

am2.png

Edited by Digg_de

• Crew
On 7/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, Bilko said:

I was having this issue as well on my TR4 system (X399 Gaming 7 + 2920X) and enabling the disabling HPET seemed to fix it but now it's back again.

Almost exactly the same process, Benchmate cmd windows pops up, loads then vanishes leaving benchmate client as a background task in task manager and that's where it ends.
About 15 minutes prior this was all working perfectly, Only thing that were changed was the desktop background and memory strap.

New version of Benchmate cleared this up for me, was the same issue @keeph8n had.

Thanks @_mat_!! ?

15 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

As a side note, if you're injecting a different timer, doesn't that count as modifying the benchmark and therefore isn't it cheating in itself? :/

Excellent question.

I do understand it's for the greater good, but excellent question none the less.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Guest Digg_de

Benchmate 0.8.1 shows wrong CPU/Mem Clock here with my LGA1155 System. CPU-Z 5000/2133, but in Result Screen 5080/2168. I mean it doesnt matter at the Competition cause we need CPU-Z anyway... just for your info. :)

2 hours ago, iLoveOC said:

Hello I am new here. Do I have to use this BenchMate for everything? Why is windows 10 banned for like 95% benchmarks on rules page. Do I really have to buy win7 to bench new hardware?

You don't have to buy W7. But you do have to use it(or XP or Vista). A "licensed" version is not required. They're convenient. But not necessary for HWBOT scores.

Speaking of rules...you need to familiarize yourself with the General Rules. Wherein you'll find the answer to your question.

• Crew
2 hours ago, iLoveOC said:

Hello I am new here. Do I have to use this BenchMate for everything? Why is windows 10 banned for like 95% benchmarks on rules page. Do I really have to buy win7 to bench new hardware?

sadly if you are an AMD OCer Win7 is the way to go. If you wan tto use Win8 or 10 better to use the Benchmate tool to validate your results. At the moment you will be limited, but the benchmark range will expand in the future

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem as @Digg_de with Thuban/890FX (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7. Phenom II X6 1090T) and Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) where none of the apps will open. With the 64bit apps they just hang and eventually there's an error message from benchmate "Failed to guard application (Injection)". 32 bit apps just start and silently close without displaying their gui. Bug report sent.

Sorry if it had been reported before.

Did some runs with Ryzen 5 3600 yesterday and submitted to the respective categories on the bot (xxx with benchmate).

Submitted mostly from the app, then I had to go to the website and fill in CPU name and cooling, then all was good.

One bug I've noticed is the CB20 priority is set to "Below Normal", even though I've selected "Realtime". Seems to work for other Cinebenches. Had to set it manually via Task Manager.

PS: Benchmate 0.8.1 on Win10 x64

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

hello, I just made a clean install for a new platform, (crosshair V Formula-Z) and impossible to launch the software I have it: "could not initialize Benchmate driver!" an idea of the problem (chipset drivers instaler, it has nothing to change, on another platform with rog zenith similar) thank you in advance

• Crew
On 7/21/2019 at 5:39 AM, cbjaust said:

I'm having the same problem as @Digg_de with Thuban/890FX (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7. Phenom II X6 1090T) and Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) where none of the apps will open. With the 64bit apps they just hang and eventually there's an error message from benchmate "Failed to guard application (Injection)". 32 bit apps just start and silently close without displaying their gui. Bug report sent.

you got an FX cpu to try ? Oldscarface had similar issues we even tried my OS and bios, swapping the CPU magically solved it, 

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

you got an FX cpu to try ? Oldscarface had similar issues we even tried my OS and bios, swapping the CPU magically solved it, 

Yeah, what I can do is take that Win 10 disk and run it on my daily C5F-Z/FX-8350 system. I expect it to work because I was running Win 10 - same version different hard drive - earlier for the BenchMate compo on the FX daily.

Did a quick test with my daily system.

R20 worked well with 6700k. https://hwbot.org/submission/4201304_

@_mat_ Short review about two little things I saw...

1. If your using more than one screen the screenshot only includes the first/main screen. So if the benchmark is on the second screen it's not included in the screenshot...

2. In the .json result file I found a "wrong" entry...not sure if it is a mistake from benchmate or a mistake of the system...

The CPU_VENDOR field isn't filled with the vendor Intel. Is filled with "Core i7-6700K". Could be a wrong field that is used for reading this information. But also could be by the system...

I've attechted my result file so that you can have a look at it...

Maybe someone else could check his .json result file as well :)

CINEBENCH_R20_CPU_2133.json

Edited by minicoopers

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

yeah gonna pop un in the 965BE and 1090T to see if I can replicate your and Oldscarafcves woes, I'll send them bug reports too Matt (if I can replicate )

Yep, chucked the drive with the fresh Win10 1903 install that was done on the GA-890FXA-UD7 and 1090T onto my C5F-Z and FX-8350 and BenchMate apps launch perfectly fine. The problem must lie with Deneb/Thuban I guess. 

10 hours ago, _mat_ said:

@tyger81 Please submit a Bug Report (executable right next to BenchMate's) so I can have a closer look!

Regarding the other reports: Thank you, I will have a look!

I test a new install w10 pro 1903 to see my in 1809 he starts my he does not run the bench nor cpuz while in 1903 he does not even start. is there a specific version or a specific driver instaler? I have a crosshair 5 is an athlon 2 X2 I'm getting my FX

I made the report