HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

This will be the Official Support thread for Matt's BenchMate benchmark tool. This software will verify the Windows timer issue (known as the RTC bug) some users could run into when running older Intel or any AMD processor on Windows 8/10/11.

But most important  it will perform a thorough check the integrity and output of the benchmark.
Thanks to the Automated  online uploads via the BenchMate wrapper or manual upload via the BenchMate Datafile it allows for easier  and faster submitting as most hardware fields will be auto prefilled.

Click the below link to see a quick grasp of BenchMate works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJFi6MFmGtb46k_nHPiAiMdIor32WLu2/view

Grab the BenchMate 11.3.0 tool here

Donations

This software will always be free for the benchmarking community around the globe. Therefore we rely on crowdfunding to be able to pay for ongoing certificate and licensing costs and to allow us to dedicate more time to bugfixes and development of brand-new features. With your help we can define a Future proof verification of benchmarking:

If reporting something always include:

• motherboard & CPU used
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not)
  • Drivers installed for chipset
  • What you tried to solve the problem

benchmate-preview_238634.jpg

Benchmate Change Logs:

Benchmate 12.0 BETA

• CINEBENCH 2024 (Multi-Core CPU test)
  • Improvements to HWBOT submission flow (no more CPU/GPU mismatches)
  • HWBOT screenshot upload optimizations (automatic scaling and advanced options)
  • HWBOT submission of CB 2024

Benchmate 11.3.0

• Disabled CPU-Z update
  • Created a manual install package for Windows 7 and 8
  • Updated tools: HWInfo 7.64, CPU-Z 2.08 and GPU-Z 2.55

Grab the BenchMate 11.3.0 tool here

BenchMate 12.0 BETA here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

X399 Creation and 2950X

1903 W10 

11/14/18 drivers/bios for the mobo

Ive tried reinstalling, new downloads, etc. basically I have gotten the software to open once with this setup to do some testing. Same OS but with my 990FXA-UD3/9370 combo and it pulls up just fine. 

Basically what happens when I open the program is the cmd prompt looking box opens, does it thing, closes and then nothing. Task Manager shows BenchMate running but I get no box to pop up. I don’t show anything in the task manager keeping it from opening. 

3 hours ago, doyousmellburning said:

has geekbench 4 cuda been fixed yet ? its splitting the cuda scores into single and multicore scores and then fails to upload . 

The compute test of Geekbench 4 is now fully supported with version 0.8, coming asap. With 0.7.x the software could not distinguish between CPU and Compute score.

As Leeghoofd said, uploading to HWBOT will not be possible until BenchMate is officially integrated into HWBOT. It's no biggie, the benchmark category just needs some configuration on the bot side.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

Guest Digg_de
On 7/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, Leeghoofd said:
  • motherboard & CPU used
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not)
  • Drivers installed for chipset
  • What you tried to solve the problem

No detection CB11.5 with:

• Z77 OC Formula & 2500k
  • Win10 64 Pro
  • All Drivers installed
  • Nothing

115-5.2.png

Edited by Leeghoofd

I keep getting errors extracting it. I've tried on 2 different PCs, one with W10 one with W7. Both get the same errors. Tried 3 different file downloads so far. Same thing every time. So not likely bad downloads.

error1.PNG.da35d563d39e74cea314084693819b41.PNGerror2.PNG.bca0a85234e15b1eac5132ed7a27c4d6.PNG

Actually...W10 threw another similar error one time I tried extracting it. But the 2 above are consistent between 7 and 10. Happen every time I try extracting it. Even when I redownload it.

error3.PNG.598917ac00f69cb89fd5ae7f6b0adbb2.PNG

App seems to work fine regardless. I have no idea why...

EDIT: Tried manually submitting a SPI-1M score just now. "Invalid data file: Unable to decrypt the datafile"

Screenshot works...

Super_PI_1M_6_805.thumb.jpg.0fff8dffecde558f08b52dab118de84c.jpg

Edited by MrGenius

The file you are getting an error from is just part of the normal Cinebench package. You can skip these files, they are just sample results shipping with the benchmark.

You can only upload GPUPI results for now. HWBOT can't handle other benchmarks yet because they need to be integrated. Hopefully soon. :)

• Like 2

• Crew

I installed my win10 (1903) Benchmate OS on Ryzen , testing went smooth (even the CB's) Afterwards  switched to AM3 and got issues to launch BenchMate.

Did a fresh install of Windows on the Crosshair V and all was fine again...

So I assume no platform switching with the same SSD :)

• Thanks 1

Guest Digg_de

Screenshots via Benchmate works with all Benchmarks and Platforms we need for the Competition? Or do i have to install and bench some Systems multiple Times until it works and the Screens are valid?

• Crew

Submissions via the screenshot made by the Benchmate tool. Them screens need to be valid (standard rules), so no blocking of the rendered scene for the CBs , Only CPUZ CPU and mem is required and the BenchMate score too...

The background is almost ready :)

Again the concept is to have fun, but more important to provide solid feedback on how you experience working with the BenchMate,

if you have issues/probs/rearks to report it there in the Official Support thread.

Guest Digg_de

Screenshot is hard to manage with FullHD Resolution. The Result Window is jumping to the right and blocking the rendered Scene. Is it a Win7 issue? I am just playing a bit.. later for Competition with Win10.

CINEBENCH_R15_699.jpg

Edited by Digg_de

2 hours ago, keeph8n said:

Tried a fresh install of 1903 last night. No dice on my TR4 setup. Tried turning HPET on and off and back on again. Hoping 0.8 fixes my issue(whatever it may be)

I'm currently testing the new version on several platforms. Successfully tested it on TR4 on my bench OS (for reviews):

https://hwbot.org/submission/4191705__mat__cinebench___r20_with_benchmate_ryzen_threadripper_2990wx_10984_pts

Don't be shocked about the world record, I've added a beta benchmark category that's called "Cinebench R20 with BenchMate" to make direct uploading to HWBOT possible.

Nonetheless we will find your problem. BenchMate 0.8 brings a fresh new Bug Report Tool, so bugs can be easily but also thorougly reported just by a few clicks.

3 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Screenshot is hard to manage with FullHD Resolution. The Result Window is jumping to the right and blocking the rendered Scene. Is it a Win7 issue? I am just playing a bit.. later for Competition with Win10.

CINEBENCH_R15_699.jpg

Interesting screenshot for sure. :D
Seems like BenchMate wasn't able to wait for the invalidated, old dialog position before the screen was captured.

I have changed the result dialog's behaviour now to always move back to the bottom right position of the screen.

The position of the result dialog is fixed because I think it's bad design to search the screenshot each time for the same information. It's even worse of course when comparing multiple screens, which we all do very often I'm sure.

Just reposition all other items, the result will be the same. Benchmark to the top left, CPU-Z windows to the right. Long term I think it's reasonable to remove the need for CPU-Z and GPU-Z windows on the screen. It's very time consuming and it shouldn't bring any extra information to the table. If it still does we should integrate it into the result window. So there will be much more space available in the future. :)

1 hour ago, _mat_ said:

I'm currently testing the new version on several platforms. Successfully tested it on TR4 on my bench OS (for reviews):

https://hwbot.org/submission/4191705__mat__cinebench___r20_with_benchmate_ryzen_threadripper_2990wx_10984_pts

Don't be shocked about the world record, I've added a beta benchmark category that's called "Cinebench R20 with BenchMate" to make direct uploading to HWBOT possible.

Nonetheless we will find your problem. BenchMate 0.8 brings a fresh new Bug Report Tool, so bugs can be easily but also thorougly reported just by a few clicks.

That’s absolutely fantastic to hear. Really want to bench tonight on both DDR4 and DDR3. Will download newest update if it’s out when I get home. 

Does Geekbench4 have to be the paid version for it to hook into the result? I don't have Geekbench4 paid and BenchMate 0.7.1 doesn't recognise any result once the GB has finished and uploaded the result to the Geekbench browser...

By the way, I was changing the Bus Speed during the GB4 run with ASUS' TurboV Core and BenchMate didn't complain.

Edit: Feature request - is it possible and/or likely to support saving the screenshots as .PNG? The .JPG is poor quality especially when it comes to CINEBENCH renders.

Info:

• Motherboard & CPU used: C6H & Ryzen 7 1800X
  • Operating System used ( 32/64bit, exact OS version, stripped or not): Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)
  • Drivers installed for chipset: AMD Chipset Drivers Version 1.6.13.0400
  • What you tried to solve the problem : posted here ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by cbjaust

No, free version is enough but 0.7.1 had a problem with capturing the scores. It has been fixed already in 0.8.

Skew measurement is very different now on BenchMate, more precise and has less performance impact. I will go into details about it in the announcement post. Needs testing for sure.

PNG, noted and no problem at all. Might need to be combined with Gzip compression so the result uploading won't take forever on slow connections.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, _mat_ said:

No, free version is enough but 0.7.1 had a problem with capturing the scores. It has been fixed already in 0.8.

Skew measurement is very different now on BenchMate, more precise and has less performance impact. I will go into details about it in the announcement post. Needs testing for sure.

PNG, noted and no problem at all. Might need to be combined with Gzip compression so the result uploading won't take forever on slow connections.

haha, now you tell me! (USD$9.99 later - 4192919_cbjaust_geekbench4_multi_core_ryzen_7_1800x_30773_points/)

Yeah PNG would be great. Thanks.

Re: Skew, I found that CINEBENCH R15 would get a skew error warning quite a bit.