HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2019 - SC3: DDR3 thread.

Mykolay3ack

• Crew
42 minutes ago, ksateaaa23 said:

couple of problems with ice storm stage.

1. g3258 integrated graphics HD graphics(Haswell) not accepted for submissioin.

2. with sys info ver 5.19, graphic card not recognised.(is it valid for comp?)

594792.PNG

Fixed the Pentium G3258,

Are you runing in diagnostic mode? Try another driver plz or systeminfo 5.18

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ksateaaa23 said:

couple of problems with ice storm stage.

1. g3258 integrated graphics HD graphics(Haswell) not accepted for submissioin.

2. with sys info ver 5.19, graphic card not recognised.(is it valid for comp?)
>>snip<<

594792.PNG

Try earlier versions of systeminfo (5.18. 5.17) Not sure if you'll get a valid link but they may detect your hardware properly.
I had issues with SystemInfo 5.18 a couple of months ago with: systeminfo-crashes-on-gpu-detection-module-gpu-z-dll

Edited by cbjaust

• Crew
10 minutes ago, mus1mus said:

stage 6 submissions scores only note the GT Test scores..are we doing the just the graphics test and not overall?

You need to run Physics and Combined to get a Valid link (Along with WHQL driver) anyway so I assumed it'd be overall score that counted and not just the GTs but looks like that isn't the case here.

Long time no see btw :)

Edited by Bilko
  • Thanks 2

Guest Digg_de
5 hours ago, ksateaaa23 said:

it's not.

this time hd graphics 4400, windows 10 and same drivr used by you. result is same. graphic card not recognised.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/38265605

I had the same issue with the VGA Driver from ASRock... old Version (10.xxxx). Updating to new Driver and all was fine. Installed Asus Board Driver after Win install?

I hate to ask more questions but at this point fuck it, for the igp stage it says haswell (pentium) for allowed arch, does this imply that haswell i7 and i3 is not supposed to be allowed? If they are then is xeon allowed? Because xeon 1275 v3 with p4600 graphics running stock beats all except 3770k and 4770k igp for ice storm. So even running this xeon stock would beat a pentium g3258 OC'd to the wall or an i3 4170 (3770k is the only ivy igp worth running at all)

• Crew

no, in the Dbase eg the G3258 is listed as Haswell (Pentium) , with this I want to state that you can run Haswell and Haswell (Pentium) CPUs, if you want I will add it so it becomes clearer

Again,  you have to use the hardware you either have in the team or find the best suitable one. If you want to spend your cash on a Xeon, be my guest ( no I'm not sponsored by Ebay of any kind :p)

• Like 1

Guest Digg_de

BetrayedPredator: reported by user due to possible cheat (Haswell Refresh and not a Pentium haswell chip)

Who using this as second Account? ?

At the Benchmate Comp he reports me cause is was using Coffee Lake DDR4 and not a pre Skylake DDR4 Sys........

Edited by Digg_de

54 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

BetrayedPredator: reported by user due to possible cheat (Haswell Refresh and not a Pentium haswell chip)

At the Benchmate Comp he reports me cause is was using Coffee Lake DDR4 and not a pre Skylake DDR4 Sys........

I think he got confused on the first, for the second I'm gonna have to ask his thought process ?

1 minute ago, yosarianilives said:

I think he got confused on the first, for the second I'm gonna have to ask his thought process ?

Don't appoint yourself the keeper of random people on the team just because you happen to share a discord server with them.  You're not a team captain, stop acting like you represent the team.

1 hour ago, Digg_de said:

Yes I'm totally an alt account

The benchmate competition and this one has constantly changing rules that works great. Originally it wasn't allowing Skylake CPUs if I remember correctly

The better question is why reports show names? That's asking me to make an alt to literally avoid this exact situation of being dragged into shit that doesn't actually interfere with me. 

Edited by BetrayedPredator

• Crew
1 hour ago, Digg_de said:

Why bring this up here?
Just answer it in the form man.....

Just now, BetrayedPredator said:

That's asking me to make an alt to literally avoid this exact situation of being dragged into shit that doesn't actually interfere with me.

Please do not make an alt.  Goes without saying but if I have any reason to think you're done that, all evidence will be forwarded to hwbot admins.

OC should have an atmosphere of good faith.  It's better to just talk with people respectfully if you're not sure about something.  Names are shown because communication is important, and if someone is mass reporting in bad faith it's important that can be seen.  As hwbot rules say;

Reporting submissions which are not suspicious but have minor mistakes is against the fair play spirit, and abuse of the reporting functionality will be acted upon.

To enable this, names have to be attached.

I think it might be a good idea to back off a bit and maybe just ask people if you're not sure about something, once a report is created for a valid score it means team captains are stuck with a notification until volunteer moderators can check and clear it.