HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2019 - SC4: DDR4 thread.

Lopata

• Crew

If you don't like my "copy pasting", than don't bench the stage, Honestly getting tired of these smart ass comments…  maybe you should bunk up with someone of your caliber and make some cry babies. so your species can dominate the world….

Divided per core gives a more even playgrount where not the best or most expensive hardware wins… 

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Divided per core gives a more even playgrount where not the best or most expensive hardware wins… 

Is the same rule applies to DDR4 x265 4K? If so, I would be glad to see this info being added to rule list on both official stage pages.

Edited by Lopata

• Crew

Nope X265 is the average of the 3 scores,

Fyi this has been done for a long time with the CB series, users always wanted to have CB divided per core to even it out more ( way higher scores than X265) 

I added " per core" to the CB11,,15 and R20 benches titles

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Nope X265 is the average of the 3 scores,

Fyi this has been done for a long time with the CB series, users always wanted to have CB divided per core to even it out more ( way higher scores than X265) 

I added " per core" to the CB11,,15 and R20 benches titles

Aright, thanks. Me and my teammates were figuring out if x265 going to be "divided" or not. 9900k FTW than ?

8 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

its easy to do the math:  Sub one score, if it gets divided by 3, it's not per core ranking but the average of the 3 scores

Such things should be explained in advance and put into the rules list, it's not our deal to figure it out. Why then we just dont run CB single core ranking? Or as an adittion to R20 overall per-core...

• Crew

if we ran single core: take eg you run 3 cpus in your team (8600k, 8700K and 9900K) on water with +/-5000Mhz, all scores could be plus/minus equal.

Making it similar to the average score... dividing per core makes this stage more interesting in picking the right processor

If we have to add everything in the rules we would need bigger monitors to get it all in there ?

7 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

if we ran single core: take eg you run 3 cpus in your team (8600k, 8700K and 9900K) on water with +/-5000Mhz, all scores could be plus/minus equal.

Making it similar to the average score... dividing per core makes this stage more interesting in picking the right processor

If we have to add everything in the rules we would need bigger monitors to get it all in there ?

It's my first time ever participating in the overclocking online event and such basic thing as the way score gets calculated is important to know.

Edited by Lopata
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

yes 2000/3000 APU series can be used with Win10

OK to be clear, Raven Ridge APUs (Zen), Picasso APUs (Zen+) and Matisse CPUs (Zen2) are all ok with Windows 10? What about Summit Ridge CPUs (Zen)?

Thanks. Sorry for the extra dumb questions.

• Crew
6 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

OK to be clear, Raven Ridge APUs (Zen), Picasso APUs (Zen+) and Matisse CPUs (Zen2) are all ok with Windows 10? What about Summit Ridge CPUs (Zen)?

Thanks. Sorry for the extra dumb questions.

From how I understand it atm Raven Ridge and Picasso are fine on 10 but Matisse isn't (outside of the usual 3DMark, x265, Benchmate)

So Matisse, Pinnacle Ridge and Summit Ridge are all in the same boat.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bilko said:

From how I understand it atm Raven Ridge and Picasso are fine on 10 but Matisse isn't (outside of the usual 3DMark, x265, Benchmate)

So Matisse, Pinnacle Ridge and Summit Ridge are all in the same boat.

I haven't yet managed to get Windows 7 working satisfactorily on Matisse. I'm getting driver related BSODs - not sure if it's the GPU or USB3 though. (Ryzen 5 3600X and Vega 56)

• Crew
2 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

I haven't yet managed to get Windows 7 working satisfactorily on Matisse. I'm getting driver related BSODs - not sure if it's the GPU or USB3 though. (Ryzen 5 3600X and Vega 56)

I haven't tried as yet but if I get it running I'll let you know :)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CjMitsuki said:

Google “Asus EZ Installer”

Yeah, know about. Thanks though. Maybe the problem is expecting the same Windows 7 install on the same board with just a new CPU (1800X -> 3600X) to just work. I have not tries a fresh install, in fact I think I've been benching the same Windows 7 install I first built for the initial install on the 1800X a couple of years ago. :P

OK tried a fresh install and USB worked for the initial install but after the first reboot USB is not working and a message pops up during the Configuring Devices stage "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware."