Please find here some tips and tools for OC and XOC

Official pages :

MSI OC Guide : * Link *

XOC BIOS :

• 7C34AMS.135 : * Link *
    • AGESA 1003
    • Fix oc fail hang on F9
    • And new function always hang on F9 or retry 3 times
    • The debug LED can show temperature on OS.
  • 7C34AMS.164 : * Link *
    • AGESA 1004
    • Optimize LN2 mode
    • Optimize memory frequency over 5000MHz

OC Tools :

• Command Center Lite (aka CCL) : * Link *
  • Command Center Lite Memory : ???

MEMORY Settings :

• 4666C14

1766177695_GALAX46669587.thumb.png.b10db339d2b98476b1cc2e7848a60e46.png

• 4666C15

1552764535_NEO46669564.thumb.png.ca3b8dabf7106e15a312efac22db0bc6.png

MEMORY Profils :

This is my personal profiles, it's not provide by MSI so please use with care !!! 
Most protections are set high or disable /!\
Voltage are far from stocks /!\

Profil #1 : 14-13-13-13 with 220 * Link *

Profil #2 : 15-14-14-14 with 280 * Link *

It's working with my sticks, but every sticks are different, so it may need fine tune to boot on your.

• Frequency is 4666, you can try higher or lower depending on how good are your BDIE / IMC
  • FCLK is 1900 MHz, lower it for AIR if "07" at boot
  • FCLK need 1400 to 1566 for XOC to reduce CB
  • BIOS : 7C34AMS.135
  • Need MAXMEM in OS (no MAXMEM = OS load fail or BSOD)

Edited by Wizerty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Bilko said:

Thanks Wizerty!

Any tips for posting above the 4466 strap on ambient?
Haven't spend alot of time with it but 4466 will post from cold boot but above that gives a CPU error.

Nothing special, do you have Samsung Bdie or micron Edie or other ? 

You can try all auto and set only frequency and mem Voltage.  Try 1.55 to 1.65 to start, sometime too much volt don't post with loose timing.

You can also try my profil, sometime too loose timing (especially with Bdie) don't post, but tight timing boot easily... strange but that's bdie ?

And of course you have Mem try it in BIOS and MSI profil... all worth to make a try ;)

3 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Can you do me a favor?

AFAIK MSI also has Performance Bias options in bios (that's how it is called on ASUS).

If so, could you dump them for me? I can tell you the exact steps - would require several reboots and quick MSR dump for each option.

Yes, MSI have it, I will show you where you can find it in BIOS.

I will ASK MSI to know if they have portable files, working from OS, but meanwhile if you don't want to reboot, you can use ASUS file ?  even on MSI.
The "CBr15 aggressive" from ASUS is better than MSI CBr15 BIAS from BIOS. You can find the pack on crosshair VIII thread in Hwbot forum ;)

Edited by Wizerty
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Wizerty said:

You can try all auto and set only frequency and mem Voltage.  Try 1.55 to 1.65 to start, sometime too much volt don't post with loose timing.

You can also try my profil, sometime too loose timing (especially with Bdie) don't post, but tight timing boot easily... strange but that's bdie ?

And of course you have Mem try it in BIOS and MSI profil... all worth to make a try ;)

Yes, MSI have it, I will show you where you can find it in BIOS.

I will ASK MSI to know if they have portable files, working from OS, but meanwhile if you don't want to reboot, you can use ASUS file ?  even on MSI.
The "CBr15 aggressive" from ASUS is better than MSI CBr15 BIAS from BIOS. You can find the pack on crosshair VIII thread in Hwbot forum ;)

Thanks,

I don't have a MSI board, only have Crosshair VI Hero. I've tweaked these profiles for ZenStates app, but wanted to see if MSI does something different.

That's why I need to read MSR on a running system or somehow get the source code, which ain't gonna happen.

Aggressive doesn't boot for me on the CH6H, but I was not aware there are updated exe files. Will take a look, thank you.

Having to reverse-engineer everything is very demotivating :/

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

34 minutes ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Thanks,

I don't have a MSI board, only have Crosshair VI Hero. I've tweaked these profiles for ZenStates app, but wanted to see if MSI does something different.

That's why I need to read MSR on a running system or somehow get the source code, which ain't gonna happen.

Aggressive doesn't boot for me on the CH6H, but I was not aware there are updated exe files. Will take a look, thank you.

Having to reverse-engineer everything is very demotivating :/

If it's quick (10-20 min), yes we can do test for you from my board. 
If it's not secret operation,we can even make it live ;)

But if you need I can ask MSI about it ? Don't know if they will be willing to share or not, but tell me what you need and I will forward your request to them.

58 minutes ago, Wizerty said:

If it's quick (10-20 min), yes we can do test for you from my board. 
If it's not secret operation,we can even make it live ;)

But if you need I can ask MSI about it ? Don't know if they will be willing to share or not, but tell me what you need and I will forward your request to them.

I don't think MSI would be able to help. The documents, describing all the SMU features and MSR are under NDA. AMD never released "Kernel and Bios Development Guide" for Zen, while it is available for older generations. I don't have any industry contacts, but even if I manage to sign NDA and get my hands on these documents, it still wouldn't work for me, because "ZenStates" is now open-source. Signing NDA would mean I will have to close it again, which I don't want. So, basically, this leaves me with the only option to reverse-engineer what I can.

More about my request.

Performance Bias options set different bits in different MSRs. The easiest way to "copy" these and re-use in ZenStates is to read the MSRs from a running system, then compare changes and extract just the bits of interest, which I don't actually know what they are. I only have an uneducated guess. The other option would be to disassemble those binary (.exe) files.

Since you have pointed me to the VIII thread thread, I will get the binaries from there and test on my machine instead. I'm using public tools like R-W Everything, CrystalCPUID.

Cheers.

• Crew
On 10/29/2019 at 2:26 AM, Wizerty said:

Mem Try It! worked for me :)

I tried with both micron Rev E and B Die and neither would post but the Try It! profiles up to 4800 seemed to work just fine, the 5000 one I might need to spend some time on, thanks again :D

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I guess their bios engineers think these are pretty nomal lol  There's more logic in these than ASUS numbering fyi :)

I think its a pain in the ass that they use internal model names for them.

when I unrar a bios file to my bios update pendrive , it got lost between the other files lol 

confusing.

numbering is ok but naming should be better