HWBOT Community Forums

The future of HWBOT

der8auer

8 hours ago, der8auer said:

If I personally had the skill to work on this it would be different already but I simply don't. We hired a coder who has been trying the last weeks and months to work himself into what we have here. It's not easy but we're getting there. 

I can absolutely understand everyones frustration but I can promise you that I'm trying everything to make sure HWBOT 2021 will be much better than the previous years.

Thank you sir Der8auer!

Would be nice to have some more frequent updates on the progress, ideas and inspiration from you. That's all we really ask for. Keep us informed, we can live happy with that! :)

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, der8auer said:

If I personally had the skill to work on this it would be different already but I simply don't. We hired a coder who has been trying the last weeks and months to work himself into what we have here. It's not easy but we're getting there. 

I can absolutely understand everyones frustration but I can promise you that I'm trying everything to make sure HWBOT 2021 will be much better than the previous years.

I'm not really around for some time but if the effort is really and strictly saving-this-place driven how about to open source the damn thing, put it on Github and let it do its magic?

One coder for such a huge problem is like going with stick against a tank. I believe there must be a number of skilled coders who would help if they had a chance. Commit by commit, pull request by pull request and it will get eventually better.

Project like this deserves to be open source anyway, it always did.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...