HWBOT Community Forums

The future of HWBOT

der8auer

• 4 months later...

the future of bot is up to bot itself really , if its handled like it has been handled in the past then theres going to be issues with it like there is now, if its handled well and they put their heads together and say right , whats priority that needs fixing and go down the list and get them fixed then bot will survive and will all be well, i certainly hope the take the latter road !!!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 10:29 PM, der8auer said:

Hey there :)

Things we will do:

• Keep the page almost (for changes see down below) the way it is
  • Try to pay the core stuff or at least give compensation for hardware/LN2 (details will be discussed)
  • Cooperation with Benchmate. It looks like a great software to us and makes it easy to validate scores. If it improves things we don't see why we should not cooperate with mat. I already spent few hours with him on the phone to discuss how we can make it as smooth as possible. We have the same opinion and goals and will try to find the best solution for the community
  • HWBOT will stay free to use
  • We have a coder who also did some stuff for Thermal Grizzly previously and he will spend about 1-2 working days per week on improving HWBOT. We plan to fix bugs which occur and improve some functions (admin panel for moderation for example)

There are few things I want to change such as going back to reward all submissions with points so newcomers have more motivation. We might also change to a scheduled recalculation every 6-12h instead of instant recalculations to further reduce server load and costs. 

Otherwise we don't plan to have major changes.

We just want to keep this website alive because it can really be an awesome place.

If you have any concerns, ideas or whatever don't hesitat to ask or post. But I will ask you to act like adults. I'm not sure how Massman could deal with the insults of some over the years....

Thanks and stay safe!

Roman

Roman

It's time to take action.

Too many problems occured the last couple of months.

You must show signs of life.

Regular Hwbot Users , see only ONE person running like a rabbit from one place to an other , trying to do everything in his power (that's Alby) @Leeghoofd

@der8auer

Ask others for help , if it is something that you cant handle by your own.

We need to keep this place alive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 4n0nym0u5b3nch3r said:

Here's a good thing to start with: DITCH THE BLOATED AS FUCK JAVASCRIPT. I can't even browse the goddamn main page without my system grinding to a halt. Real fun when you're trying to sub on a QX9300.

Then, fix the other bugs that have been plaguing this site.

probably not the best way to motivate people to take action and uncalled for language

5 hours ago, TASOS said:

Roman

It's time to take action.

Too many problems occured the last couple of months.

You must show signs of life.

Regular Hwbot Users , see only ONE person running like a rabbit from one place to an other , trying to do everything in his power (that's Alby) @Leeghoofd

@der8auer

Ask others for help , if it is something that you cant handle by your own.

We need to keep this place alive.

This is super important. We are having trouble keeping team members interested in continuing the competitive overclocking sport/hobby. 

Concerns of closure due to non profitable business transactions and/or lack thereof, leads many to believe the worst. 

Many people are no longer optimistic with little to no feedback, many in the community guessing "that's it, you're at the end" is a sufficient way to describe an outcome.

• Thanks 2

• Crew

The bot is not stopping, again it has got nothing to do with non profitable biss transactions. Roman's primary goal was to secure the database. Mission accomplished by him and Eike.

Next goal is to improve the lackluster aged coding, which will be the toughest thing to achieve, mainly thanks to the overaged Java version and not receiving proper access to the coding

From there on improvements and simplification to the points algorythm, interface,... but that will be 2021 projects without a doubt...

I honestly wished we already had a 2020 front end and  points for everyone, bye bye  complex esports related algorythms that hardly anyone can understand, but 8 months down the road we are about to shift into first gear....

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

The bot is not stopping, again it has got nothing to do with non profitable biss transactions. Roman's primary goal was to secure the database. Mission accomplished by him and Eike.

Next goal is to improve the lackluster aged coding, which will be the toughest thing to achieve, mainly thanks to the overaged Java version and not receiving proper access to the coding

From there on improvements and simplification to the points algorythm, interface,... but that will be 2021 projects without a doubt...

I honestly wished we already had a 2020 front end and  points for everyone, bye bye  complex esports related algorythms that hardly anyone can understand, but 8 months down the road we are about to shift into first gear....

Nice to know that something is atleast happening. I see that as a good thing. :)

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

8 more months...

Can you define first gear? What exactly is the phase 1 plan? 

Why does the public remain in the dark? 

Why can't we fix the current bugs now? That's 15 months from OP to first gear. Let the issues just keep piling? 

We're benching in the dark over here. Just want you to know and acknowledge that. (To whom it may concern) 

51 minutes ago, MetalRacer said:

I think some people are wondering how is it going to stay alive if Alby leaves after Country Cup?

Have to encourage him to keep up for some time longer. And we should have some new faces in the moderator team to help with the stuff as things are going forward. Stupid to have Albrecht @Leeghoofd do everything alone...

Edited by Luumi
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Luumi said:

Have to encourage him to keep up for some time longer. And we should have some new faces in the moderator team to help with the stuff as things are going forward. Stupid to have Albrecht @Leeghoofd do everything alone...

Unfortunately, Alby leaving isn't my concern. That's HWBot's concern. 

Our team's concern is keeping my team optimistic and hopeful.

With a 15 month total wait time for any improvements or just bug fixes to what's currently running, plus the years already before hand, my team is dwindling. Replacing star benchmarking individuals is super difficult as it is. Need to teach recruits from the ground up. And then there's no competition left for the few extreme benchers of the world. 

We cannot maintain a team with nothing to look forward to. We cannot maintain a team with diminishing interests to spend hard earned money on this hobby. 

We have literally nothing to hold our team together except hopes and dreams at this point. We can only hope an 8 month time line is a fact. 

Generally, I say nothing. But I'm tired of reading that my team mates are ready to retire. That's sad coming from Team ranked #2 in the world isn't it? 

Competition is gone. Teams are so heavily unbalanced as it is..... On and on we can go of the things of WHY it's not working. 

• Like 1

• Crew

We run competitions 24/7, like all year long, no clue why they are not motivated, there's tons to bench… Even more stuff to do than before… Now that there's no more G.Skill nor Galax extreme compo is due to Covid.

G.Skill is about to launch a periodic fun compo, KeepH8n's has nice prizes and no expensive hardware requirements,... Challengers,... no clue what to offer more....

• Like 4

It's better to do something than do nothing. Alternatively, I can offer active participants to split up and just start cleaning up invalid results, this will reduce the load on the database. Or by the mode of the processors or by the sockets, as the decision will be made. Sometimes I go in, mark the results that were not submitted according to the rules and I watch them disappear, when the work is in progress, it does not stop. Although the rules for the success of the results could be formalized more clearly IMHO.

• Crew
18 minutes ago, max1024 said:

It's better to do something than do nothing. Alternatively, I can offer active participants to split up and just start cleaning up invalid results, this will reduce the load on the database. Or by the mode of the processors or by the sockets, as the decision will be made. Sometimes I go in, mark the results that were not submitted according to the rules and I watch them disappear, when the work is in progress, it does not stop. Although the rules for the success of the results could be formalized more clearly IMHO.

Feel free to report bro ?

57 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

or just bug fixes to what's currently running

Too bad I won't live long enough to see you post something positive or constructive. I would ditch that lemon diet as soon as possible.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I personally had the skill to work on this it would be different already but I simply don't. We hired a coder who has been trying the last weeks and months to work himself into what we have here. It's not easy but we're getting there. 

I can absolutely understand everyones frustration but I can promise you that I'm trying everything to make sure HWBOT 2021 will be much better than the previous years.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2