HWBOT Community Forums

TAGG - Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 5985MHz - 11sec 328ms wPrime - 32m

websmile

• Members

If this were to be not be allowed one would have to question what about others, why was the intel opencl (I think that's the right one?) allowed for gpupi, potentially even worse are unknown tweaks such as Rauf's win7 01 tweak that gives a clear boost. I'm not necessarily against drawing a line somewhere, but you've got to know where/have a good reason for choosing it.

I'll just leave that here, you guys do whatever you want with the knowledge:

Ideal OS: Win 2K datacenter edition https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gx9JkXp0XvNL7D4Y-JZfiFB17XcsGKQo/view

The tweak: for 775 get newest vb runtime here, on other platforms diffrent ons may be faster: https://www.dll-files.com/msvbvm60.dll.html

I allso attached awardfabrik tweaker for realtime effi, now you can easily beat my scores, but be reminded that i can allso rebench :P

wPrime_Tweaker_AF.exe

• Like 1

• Crew

So I share the numerous cheatengine, Slinky PC tweaks and than that makes it okay for modern OCers apparently

If you use common sense and reasoning you can easily determine that this wprime scoring has got nothing to do with a tweak (like setting affinity , playing with the threads or running in diag mode) and definitely nothing to do with true spirit of OCing.  Yes that bascily means more Mhz and tweaking to get that little edge. Not trash a 2D score with 300MHz less in CPU power. In my little narrow minded world I would classify it as software haxing.

Again GPUPI requires 3rd party software, same as HWBot prime, I never liked that idea but the developer took that path.

Raufs tweak is also known by the mods...  Do I use it, nope, but that one is a genuine tweak... 

10 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

If you use common sense and reasoning you can easily determine that this wprime scoring has got nothing to do with a tweak (like setting affinity , playing with the threads or running in diag mode) and definitely nothing to do with true spirit of OCing.  Yes that bascily means more Mhz and tweaking to get that little edge. Not trash a 2D score with 300MHz less in CPU power. In my little narrow minded world I would classify it as software haxing.

If i would suspect the extra performance comming from the .dll swap messing with timers or the ammount of work being done that'd be accurate, but all it does is provide a way for the cpu to more efficiently use it's instructions to do the work it's given by wprime, i actually even used a stopwatch to make sure it actually is faster and not just appearing faster like back in the day with the SR-2 :D

It's kinda the OS equivalent to the AGESA patch thigie with FM1 and gpupi, providing a faster (allthough inoficcial) way to execute certain code ... (or as mentioned many times before using intel open cl with avx2 for ryzen)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

So I share the numerous cheatengine, Slinky PC tweaks and than that makes it okay for modern OCers apparently

If you use common sense and reasoning you can easily determine that this wprime scoring has got nothing to do with a tweak (like setting affinity , playing with the threads or running in diag mode) and definitely nothing to do with true spirit of OCing.  

Personally I think the biggest thing that determines cheat vs tweak is the workload of the bench changed. This dll tweak does not do that, it makes the cpu run the code better. Essentially uses more of its ability to do the math. No different from Intel opencl allowing avx to be used. 

Lod alters the workload but I see it as more grandfathered in as at one point it was not detectable so not fair that modern scores compete with old scores with potential lod unless modern can lod too. 

Anyways if you're really worried about this tweak being legit then drop ALL legacy 3d, ALL wprime, ALL superpi and pifast. Or at least all scores done without BM. All of those benches get tweaked to the same level. The only difference here is a few long term benchers didn't know about this tweak until now. There will always be something new in effi, and I think people should be willing to rebench when it happens or accept that they can't hold a record forever. Without allowing new major tweaks to come out for benches it becomes gate keeping to make sure the old breed can hold golds forever and it's impossible for new members to break in. 

• Crew

you are really comparing apples and oranges Yosi  and are way to hard thinking as a software guy...

LOD on modern cards for legacy benchmarks isn't even required, no clue why you bring this up...

Maybe I'm the database keeper, but if the benchmark becomes way more efficient as you said it, shouldn't we classify it under another category... as it has become "more optimized". We have had these optimisations with XTU, X265, GPUPI 3.3 and it's a continuous drama. That's why I seperated GPUPI 3.2 and 3.3. Now I could care less if we had only 200 subs, But the wprime database is huge. Adn these scores are really out of whack for clocks versus efficiency. No scores stays forever and Luumi eg has shown it can be done by real overclocking and tweaking.

Many of the new top scores, like eg your AMD ones are that we learned how to properly maximize this CPU generation. On top of that we now have superior pots, better thermal paste and more knowledge how to fine tune memory and OS.

Looks exactly like a tweak that would be allowed across the board on any other bench to me. Hell, my XP version won't even run WPrime without dropping in a DLL because I accidentally stripped it out using nLite. 

The fact that XP can make use of a DLL from a newer version of the Windows is awesome. The fact that it makes the bench run even quicker is even more amazing! WPrime is fun again! Race to the top! Overclockers pulling out their old 775 boards and re-benching, re-binning, etc. It's so exciting! A new tweak on a 20+ year old bench :o

It's a legit tweak that doesn't change how the bench runs. Legal and smart AF in my book. But I'm just a dude that doesn't bench anymore :( 

• Like 3

• Crew

And where does one stop with software improvements? What is a database worth if one would allow this for each and every benchmark? Comparison and Dbase thrown out of the window,  ditch CPUZ, screenshots, no more need... pulling all of these scores...

Seems I need to revise all the new rules and impose dozens of Don't do's again, same as the old ones had.... one step forward, 2 steps back....