HWBOT Community Forums

REV4 up and running! Questions, suggestions, feedback goes in here

Massman

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss the old search page. I used it quite frequently, both to limit time-frames of submissions made by my team-mates, and searching for results using certain hardware. I need to take a closer look at this new bot. It may be hidden somewhere I've not yet looked ....

what are TPP and UT points ?
UP - user global and hardware points (same as in rev3)

TPP - ("new" points) team power global/hardware points which are awarded based on competition between teams (best result from each team counts) and not members

you can view how many TPP you've earned for your team if you select "Rank by -> team" instead of "Rank by -> user" (default)

Example: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_2_e8600_3.33ghz/#rankBy=teams (#1 CPUz on E8600 gives 19.9 TPP + 49.8 UP, so its contribution for NBCL team is 24.88 points)

and that's the flaw with rev4 ... ~28K single GPU vantage is more worthy for the team compared to 6.8GHz on E8600

Edited by TaPaKaH

Not directly what you asked for, but you can go to a memory info page and check the rankings:

http://hwbot.org/hardware/memory/ddr2_sdram

I think a good "advanced" search would be useful for rev4.1. I don't know whether it can fit in our timeframe though.

How about a linky to the old search-page? Or was it too tightly integrated into v3 to have the search running separately from it?

Just a thought. It was a nice functionality :)

UP - user global and hardware points (same as in rev3)

TPP - ("new" points) team power global/hardware points which are awarded based on competition between teams (best result from each team counts) and not members

you can view how many TPP you've earned for your team if you select "Rank by -> team" instead of "Rank by -> user" (default)

Example: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_2_e8600_3.33ghz/#rankBy=teams (#1 CPUz on E8600 gives 19.9 TPP + 49.8 UP, so its contribution for NBCL team is 24.88 points)

and that's the flaw with rev4 ... ~28K single GPU vantage is more worthy for the team compared to 6.8GHz on E8600

so, how can i increase TPP points ? i think i don't really have understood :D

In my "hardware library" there are a couple of cpu I don't have. Rest of the hardware is right.

No-one else has said anything, so guess I'm an orphan, but the colours and layout... guess I'll get used to it.

Still discovering how it all fits together.

I see signatures haven't caught up (-;

Edited by alancsalt

like I said on MSN a million times, I don't like the global/hardware TPP distribution

I don't think that any hardware category (including the 50-pointers) gives as much hardware TPP as hardware UP, so all grinding now brings even less points to the team than in rev3

but on the other hand, global TPP is roughly ~3x higher than global UP ... meaning that teams with marketing pimps onboard have a nice handicap

When I middle click a submission in a ranking to open in a new tab, the page I wanted does open in a new tab, but the tab that I middle clicked in changes to that page too. So I end up with two tabs displaying a certain submission, rather than one tab with the ranking and one tab with a submission. This happens in chrome but not FF (haven't tested IE). I find it extremely irritating.

logout button doesnt work for me.

I can't see what cooling was used either in the rankings or on any submissions page. Am I blind?

I can t see the Countries ranking and new Rev.4 changed me from the league....but i know it happens.

I hope this issues will be fixed so soon.

:)

will there be a "personal page" where you can see which rankings changed (got points\lost points), again?

Duke;116428']I get a 404 error when i click on the USA team rankings. Sorry just read where you don't want bug reports.

The interface is nice' date=' and easy to use. It has a good feel to it.[/quote']

Search function is really hard to use, not enough choice to narrow down what you're really looking for... maybe 1 more coffee will do the trick!

So I searched P67A-UD4 data base,ranking is only for reference clock

Before I could search for P67A-UD4 ranking for sp1m and other benchmarks.

Will this be fixed?

Miss the old search page. I used it quite frequently, both to limit time-frames of submissions made by my team-mates, and searching for results using certain hardware. I need to take a closer look at this new bot. It may be hidden somewhere I've not yet looked ....

In my profile the points tab doesn't work with IE8 but it's fine with Firefox

All bugs added to bugfix-list.