HWBOT Community Forums

Bringing back the old site?

This was an amazing tool. To be able to pull multiple video cards and processors to do side-by-side comparisons was like no other. In fact, there are no sites like that at all. In a retail position, this place was priceless.

Now there's this new format.

The scripts either crash my browser or there's just no real helpful data when doing comparisons. I understand there had to be a cost to maintain such an amazing amount of stats and data and could not be provided for free.

Is there a cost to bring it back? What would you guys need to resurrect it once again?

^I've used them and they are far more complicated than before. They also show a lot less info and don't seem to have very many chips/cards in the library

I can make a monetary donation to help if necessary. You have no idea how many businesses used the old site and now don't, because it's changed

Edited by TheGreatSatan

• 2 months later...

Been gone for a while, nice to see the hard work to improve the site...but I do not want any one to take this the wrong way.

I like the old format better, i am sure if I explore more I would maybe find out maybe some potential in some features. I have yet to discover such potential immediately only confusion in finding the information I need.

Hard to elaborate on this, searching for older hardware I come across. Generally what I could easily navigate inputting information c.p.u. chip-set motherboard. Yes this can be done in this new format, its how I navigated with the older format to and 4870x2 information on charting still not popping up.

http://hwbot.org/compare/videocards#1744,1587,1763,1787,1758,1695-17,29

^I've used them and they are far more complicated than before. They also show a lot less info and don't seem to have very many chips/cards in the library

I can make a monetary donation to help if necessary. You have no idea how many businesses used the old site and now don't, because it's changed

We can always optimize the compare tool. Any suggestions to how you'd prefer to see the data arranged?

We can always optimize the compare tool. Any suggestions to how you'd prefer to see the data arranged?

MM, you're customer support for hwbot members(as customers) is admirable. You'll do great things in the future ie sales or service marketting. Right now you'd be a great candidate replacing that Gigabyte sales/marketting guy. hahhahah

How about an option for the ability for brain-dead confused users like myself to click on a option for old-school format?

I feel like banging my head into the wall through my monitor to lessen my self inflicted behavior.

I can't find anything other than video cards and c.p.u. like inputting chip-set ie. 848P

Looks like I have to go through cpu chart (nice addition with the graphing:) click on an endless series of motherboards to find the right chip-set. I definitively like the old layout much better. I feel like I downgraded to Vista and Microsoft's endless changes in the layout. since win95 I always chose the old layout. I really do appreciated the efforts.

I just feel like I'm the guy last year whom put on the white ninja outfit and failed in mixing dry ice and 60 proof vodka.