HWBOT Community Forums

Intel NDA Desktop Platform Roadmap WW03 2012

I don't belong to any website (freelance), I haven't signed any NDA and I came across this paper so I chose to publish it here.

Technically and officially this paper comes from the husband of the cousin of the sister of the gardener of my grandma's neighbor who found this paper in a bunker deep in the mountains of Russia.

So it's just journalism to publish it. I just relay the info.

Enough talking, here we go:

-snip-

Edited by Christian Ney

err....i meant ME8 part...

what do they mean by ME is not user end/field upgradeable?

BIOS code to work with Windows 8.

Not all Ivy Bridge CPUs support PCI-e 3.0 either. Z77 and Z75 chipset arrives January to replace Z68/P67. There's going to be a lot of pissed off people who bought into the "Get Gen3 now with Gen3 Z68 motherboards!". One of the reasons why GBT haven't done a UD3/GEN3 like MSI & ASUS have as the focus is Z77 and not Z68. Theres a lot of work being done with Z77, more so than X79 boards. Not too many changes either, though you can run 3 monitors independently from each of the VGA outs which is a nice perk. Z75 is just a cheaper Z77 - supports two lanes @ 3.0 rather than three lanes on Z77.

BIOS code to work with Windows 8.

Not all Ivy Bridge CPUs support PCI-e 3.0 either. Z77 and Z75 chipset arrives January to replace Z68/P67. There's going to be a lot of pissed off people who bought into the "Get Gen3 now with Gen3 Z68 motherboards!". One of the reasons why GBT haven't done a UD3/GEN3 like MSI & ASUS have as the focus is Z77 and not Z68. Theres a lot of work being done with Z77, more so than X79 boards. Not too many changes either, though you can run 3 monitors independently from each of the VGA outs which is a nice perk. Z75 is just a cheaper Z77 - supports two lanes @ 3.0 rather than three lanes on Z77.

thanks for the info :)

so Z77 is the future then?

Z77 and the rest will continue up until Q4 next year. Currently testing one with a 2700K. No issues as yet. Boot up times are immense. When paired up with an SSD (Crucial m4), your looking at 7 seconds booting into Windows 7 from powering on (after turning a few features off in the BIOS).