HWBOT Community Forums

Please add UGP, GTPP & HTPP for PCMark04

PCMark04 is problematic with >2 core systems. It requires people to switch affinity during the benchmark, which makes it very/too complicated to be used as serious benchmark.

We've added hardware points because within each hardware ranking everyone is playing with the same limitations (bugs or not).

PCMark04 is problematic with >2 core systems. It requires people to switch affinity during the benchmark, which makes it very/too complicated to be used as serious benchmark.

At what point should affinity be switched during the PCMArk 04 benchmark on multi-cores.

Is that required starting with dual cores or only for tri cores or more?

And what is the affinity switch that is required?

From all cores to only one OR from one core to all cores?

Very interesting concept and brand new to me.

The third test (with grammar check) is usually the problem. Affinity should be changed to one thread for that test. There is software available to set affinity by time.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?116886-PCMark04-fix-for-Conroe-post-if-interested&

Personally, I think all points should be scrapped for this bench. It's been broken for 5 years and FM don't care (why should they?)

At what point should affinity be switched during the PCMArk 04 benchmark on multi-cores.

Is that required starting with dual cores or only for tri cores or more?

And what is the affinity switch that is required?

From all cores to only one OR from one core to all cores?

Very interesting concept and brand new to me.

There's a work around Barton. PM me and I'll fill you in.;)

Don't scrap PCMark 04. Many of us with older hardware still run it and still enjoy running it.

It does no harm to members who run newer hardware to allow us with the older platforms to have a couple of benchmarks we too can run.

Edited by Barton

Got what you meant. What's not clear is why it matters to you? You run new hardware and collect tons of points like one of the 1%.

Given all you have why should you begrudge the poor folks running old hardware who want to earn a point or two from the old benchmarks that were designed for the hardware we run.

Seems petty, small minded, mean spirited and selfish. Greed just isn't pretty.

Got what you meant. What's not clear is why it matters to you? You run new hardware and collect tons of points like one of the 1%.

Given all you have why should you begrudge the poor folks running old hardware who want to earn a point or two from the old benchmarks that were designed for the hardware we run.

You have completely mis-judged me.... without speaking to me at all. The benchmark is BROKEN. Why support a broken product that is reluctant to give any score at all? It is obsolete and does not run properly/consistently on new or heavily overclocked hardware.

If I start benching PCM04 in public (ie submitting results,) am I "allowed" to have an opinion on it? I was the guy who had the original idea to fix it, remember?

Are you on any medication for your paranoia? I have tied no names to my opinion of PCM04. My opinion is based on the behaviour of the benchmark itself... i'd say the same if Vince submitted scores daily, or Massman, or SF3D..... anyone. I checked zero PCM04 leaderboards before commenting.

It's a vaguely interesting question you almost raised about "benches running on the hardware they're designed for"

Would HWB staff be interested in limiting what architectures can be used for benchmarks XY & Z? For example, I'd like to see wPrime not used on more than ~12 threads because it's becoming useless. It's over too fast

Edited by K404

Occupy hwbot!

imo, HTPP should be enabled also for ''Reference clock'' , ''memory clock'', ''pcmark vantage'', ''ucbench 2011'', ''Unigine Heaven Basic DX9''. And of course ''PCMark 2004'' as well, as they all get UHP ?

No ?

Yes, another good suggestion. That sounds like a winner.

Plus, no need to set up a tent city that way. ;>)

KB, is that question directed to me or to Massman?

If it to me, please tell me how to enable team hardware points to PCMark 04.

If to Massman, perhaps you and Christian Ney have more influence in those decisions than I.

Massman, how 'bout it? Will you enable all the point categories for PCMark 04 or at least the Team Hardware Points?