HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Crew
Edit: I can't really tell what has been ruled as invalid lately. Interested in hearing what has changed.

To change or modify files own of the benchmark is cheat, as Text edit, audio compression, WPR, etc :)

Imo., Meanwhile notification arrives. members who have used the benchmark cheats like modify files either as replacement or modification of files (temporary or not), themselves could go erasing these submissions that are cheats.

By the way, Those have many submissiones with cheats, at time of communication, I think proposing punishments, because as Mr.Scott written and others, there are benchers who are already aware that they are cheats and continue to use to this day. 21-10-2012

So...They are NO benchers, are Cheats. Sorry but I think that

Edited by Sweet

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo., Meanwhile notification arrives. members who have used the benchmark cheats like modify files either as replacement or modification of files (temporary or not), themselves could go erasing these submissions that are cheats.

By the way, Those have many submissiones with cheats, at time of communication, I think proposing punishments, because as Mr.Scott written and others, there are benchers who are already aware that they are cheats and continue to use to this day. 21-10-2012

So...They are NO benchers, are Cheats. Sorry but I think that :(

Again, before you say cheat, try the stuff crusty allready write;)

Webpage and TE tweak can be done without replacing anything in the bench! He told exactly how to do.

Again, before you say cheat, try the stuff crusty allready write;)

Webpage and TE tweak can be done without replacing anything in the bench! He told exactly how to do.

I don't remember his post right now, but I think he was talking about

1. symbolic links, which fall under replaced files category ;)

2. replaced riched & browser, and we all know browser change = no no.

3. registry, all OK here.

Suggested two people removed from the top of the test the results relying on the honesty and conscience, personal messages on the forum. As you can see in full conscience partner code)))

Furthermore, I suggested that one person buy pmark05 cheat where you can adjust the results of "don't fall."

This is motivated by the fact that everyone uses, and what have I done?

Because I think the only right decision to ban indiscriminately and pity all involved!)) How did Joseph Stalin)))

• Crew
Again, before you say cheat, try the stuff crusty allready write

I insist, it's better now than later delete this cheats, challenge staff members , you and two or three more members, will get sansiones against.

Sorry

• Crew
TO knopflerbruce: you confuse cheating with negligence and an example is not related at all to the cheating thing.

The fact of cheating on the person, it can not inkreminirovatsya otherwise.

If you catch a killer, you're not going to justify it?

You have to catch a killer when he's actually conducting the crime or have exact proof ( DNA, fingerprints,...) of the person involved. If not he's still innocent till proven guilty...

Now the chit chat here is getting a bit out of hand, with people challenging/accusing staff members of being negligant, non objective or even taking advantage of passed on tweaks.

For me that is a no go and the few people concerned, will prolly end up cutting their own wrists...

Guys they do it all for free, get no rewards, only thing is that they were allowed to do is to chat with Massman on MSN.

PCMark05 tweaking has gone completely bezerk and the line between cheat and tweak is close to non existant... Maybe time to shut it down, all thanks to the happy few who went over the edge with software fiddling. Perfectly stating actual PCMark05 benching is all about software and has nothing to do anymore with hardware...

• Crew

use default PCMark settings

-Forbidden Software or Hardware:

* - software ramdisk (iRam is allowed)

* - MFT Software

* - ramcache software

Forbidden Tweaks:

* - any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Human interaction: like change codecs, files , etc. in the benchmark or in the So

Any software: In computing a script, command file or batch file, commonly referred to barbarism script is a program usually simple.

In DOS, OS/2, and also Microsoft Windows, batch file is the name given to a type of script file, a text file containing a series of commands to be executed by the command interpreter.

A batch file may contain any command the interpreter accepts interactively at the command prompt. A batch file may also have constructs ( IF, GOTO, Labels, CALL, etc.) that enable conditional branching and looping within the batch file.

Sorry, but this is known to all benchers ;)

The cheats that are running in the PCMark are totally illegal, because it runs a command line "external" to change the end result, I say EXTERNAL (script or command line)

Worse and more illegal is replaced, replace, change files, as is done in the audio compression subtest and WPR (in SO.).

For all benchers : If you have used this type of cheats, please delete this submission, from this day (10/22/2012) do not use anything to replace, modify or replace any file, because I will request "ban for a significant period of time"

On the subject of cheats, I have no friends or team mate, or "the best overclocker" or whatever.I will ask direct ban :)

From now you can go down (delete) the submissiones that are not in rule

When moderators start delete, there may be collateral damage or the lowering all without discrimination with Cheats or Tweaks.

We have to give an end to this that hurts all benchers and HWBOT.

Today 12 pm we begin to delete the submissions made ​​with cheats in the last 72 Hrs.

in this line, better delete for you, that for moderator, no ?

My apologies, but PcMark should be a benchmark clean again, for ALL overclockers.:)

Important Note: "The moderation staff no accept claims or complaints about using cheats!"

Edited by Sweet

• 3 weeks later...

i also gave it a shot.

here are the results:

IE9: approx 25 pages

IE10: approx 15 pages

using a AMD 1090T.

wasing hoping for atleast a little bit of improvement over IE9 but looks like a FAIL!

will wait till the final comes out & check again if any improvements.

& thanx for the replies guys!!! :P

Edited by mavihs

i also gave it a shot.

here are the results:

IE9: approx 25 pages

IE10: approx 15 pages

using a AMD 1090T.

wasing hoping for atleast a little bit of improvement over IE9 but looks like a FAIL!

will wait till the final comes out & check again if any improvements.

& thanx for the replies guys!!! :P

25 pages? But not @ Stock clocks?

• 1 month later...