PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know :P

One page back there was talking about more than 10% Tweak must be cheat :P

I also have an 30% Webpage Tweak, so must be cheat too...

You know Genieben, with the TE supertweak we can set any score we want, if i want only 800pages, so i did so:)

Edited by Moose83

Yea %wise looks like a "cheat" indeed, but I can provide source anytime.

To clear it up, im using a wordpad engine I wrote, since Microsoft can't write a decent one.

I think i use your variante, but the rest is only windows settings;)

Yes Web can be boosted even more indeed.

You know Genieben, with the TE supertweak we can set any score we want, if i want only 800pages, so i did so:)

I know, I said this couple of pages back :) Only problem is that you will get caught by the wrapper.

Edited by GENiEBEN

That was probably me. I was referring to the chance of an unexplained tweak being a 'cheat' or not. If the gain is low, there's a higher probability that it's legit than if the gain is huge.:) From my point of view 10%+ tweaks could be legal, but they have to be proven legit - that is, they have to be made public so we can investigate before we accept them as allowed tweaks.

• Crew

Yeah but rbuass you have NO tweaking ability, that's why you want it gone

Tweaking is a huge part of overclocking, try getting a 01 wr without tweaks

I can understand why hardware guys want PCM gone, just like software guys want wprime gone

Edited by pro

You call supertweaked runs those that you try to find a way to make legal submissions in Futuremark?

I believe that supertweak has lost its meaning here.

Ok move those “supertweaked” runs to another category without points and let those that they have skills to push their hardware to limits alone and with points in PCMark05

Maybee you should look a while back my friend... remember Bob tweak?

Your teammate discoverd it and you played the game...

And now you change to pcm05 haters...because you cant follow all the Software... awsome going...

Maybee you should look a while back my friend... remember Bob tweak?

Your teammate discoverd it and you played the game...

And now you change to pcm05 haters...because you cant follow all the Software... awsome going...

Are you sure that i cant my fried, dont be so sure about that, i just want to play fare and also push my hardware to limmits.

But if you want you can wait a bit :D

Yeah but rbuass you have NO tweaking ability, that's why you want it gone

Tweaking is a huge part of overclocking, try getting a 01 wr without tweaks

I can understand why hardware guys want PCM gone, just like software guys want wprime gone

Uh huh. Please explain how you overclock software?

You can't, but you can hack software. That is not overclocking in my book.

• Crew

Lighten up guys, it's just another benchmark, even though it has become more of a software benchmark and the hardware used has lost most of it's relevance. It's still amasing to see what some can pull of ( being it legal or not )

However a new point system has to be implemented for PCmark05, as it hurts big time to be beaten by a close to stock system, while I'm running a 6GHz setup with 4SSD's :P

What do you guys suggest for points attributed to this whacky benchmark ?

No points, because hardware no longer matters. If anything, silverware only.

Let's see how many will still run it when no points are involved.

Congratz man...you only dislike this bench, so leave it, or play it!

In pcm05 Software was and is more than Hardware... it is an hdd Benchmark, not an i have a 6ghz+ CPU...

So lets get topic, read threat name, and lets put this comments to other place;)

Congratz man...you only dislike this bench, so leave it, or play it!

In pcm05 Software was and is more than Hardware... it is an hdd Benchmark, not an i have a 6ghz+ CPU...

So lets get topic, read threat name, and lets put this comments to other place;)

I answered a question that was posed to me, that makes it on topic.

I have no preference for any bench. I stopped playing it a while ago when I realized that it was no longer being used as a hardware bench like it was supposed to be.

People are just using this exploited bench to stoke globals, and there's nothing you can say to prove any different.

How many people still run MaxxMem being that there are no points?

Edited by Mr.Scott

• Crew

Guys, What is the limit? is what we are asking everyone using the PCMark (any benchmark like 2005 - Vantage or 7)

Aristidis, Pro are right and rbuass, Scotty and Moose83 too, depending on each viewpoint.

perhaps i'm not right, only i'm old :D

Overclocking or Softwareclocking or both ? :rolleyes:

People are just using this exploited bench to stoke globals, and there's nothing you can say to prove any different.

How many people still run MaxxMem being that there are no points?

Interesting ;)

Edited by Sweet

For ME I liked PCM05 very much for what it WAS; to test your systems over-all performance when OCing your hardware and some OS adjustments. The benchmark is not to see how well you can change/alter its settings to gain a hi score, Dont get me wrong big ups to those that took time to figure out what makes the bench tick but there is something definitely wrong when a stock single core kicks an OCed quad cores ass by thousands of marks. I am in no way saying anyone is doing anything illegal because based on the FOGGY "whats allowed tweaks" who can (only those that DO know if they are ), I'm all for tweaking your system & HW NOT the BENCHMARK...

I personally am not interested in anyone's TWEAKS, BUT I think that folks with these ridiculous tweaked scores should present their tweaks at least privately to the Bot Staff because they are having a very tough time at trying to figure out "Is it legal or not". That way with out having to share your tweaks with everyone at least the staff will be able to decide on it.

It seems that some of the staff has been informed of some of these tweaks and they themselves have been using them. Still, other staff members post regularly, asking the members to share the "tweaks" so that they can be properly evaluated. It seems odd that one staff member knows the tweaks and others don't.

• Crew

PcMark 2005 not the only one in question, maybe also PcVantage and PcM7, may have some problems "tweaks", if we look at the overall results.

I personally have stopped running the PCMark 2005, too much time for tweaks, I'd rather lose this time adjusting the hardware.

Besides with my spirit of overclocker (or almost) feel like I'm cheating the other guys, is my feeling in this problem

I know this tweaks:

- powertoy, transp windows, web page red, change Hdd (is script), virus scan. and a few more.

I dont know Text edit "tweak" I have not tested. I think this is a script .bat, that exponentially increasing the score.

By now, I prefer to wait until it is clear this problem of the PcMark (all the PcMark - Vantage y 7) It all started almost a year ago with the use of ram caching (undercover ) and now led to many more problems with more tweaks.

Now moderate this benchmark is clearly impossible, if we do not define the limits of the benchmark's hack.

if you ask me, I think you can only make tweaks involving "only" the OS and that in no way change anything, as increasing a subtest score with script, in the original benchmark (script or not script, that is the question) :D

I think Pro can help a lot with this :)

Note: anyone remember 3DMark'99 cpu tweak ?

Edited by Sweet