HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Spring Extreme Competition thread.

zeneffect

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endtime: 15-3-12 12:00:00 (noon) CET

1 day, 5 hours to go

So this is wrong then?

Okay, there was a small bug with the end time (different for comp and stages).

Fixed end time of the competition:

Endtime: 15-3-12 23:59:00 CET

Sorry for the confusion!

Massman said Noon CET (CET is UTC +1), which is 17.5 hours from now by my math. Competition timer says 29 hours from now.

There's only one answer... New anti-sandbagger tactic by massman. Confuse everyone over the end time! :D :beer:

Not if you use something like this :D

clockse.jpg

Looks like my scores will stand as they are, got some ln2 but the 1090t appears to be dead & I don't have any other AMD chips that will beat the scores I have in here already.

I'm in the other side, I have the CPU (2) but not LN2...any way, it's was fun I just need more experience in competitions like this. :D

Looks like my scores will stand as they are, got some ln2 but the 1090t appears to be dead & I don't have any other AMD chips that will beat the scores I have in here already.

Sorry to hear that. I lost my 8120 as well. At least they died putting up some good scores, the way good chips are meant to die. :)

Ya, he has a few good solutions. I like the king of the hill idea... you get more points the longer you hold top ranking. Like first place gets 5 points every day they are first, 2nd 4pts/day, 3rd 3pts/day, etc. Encourages people to submit early and compete not just at the end. The contest would end after four weeks, or after at least 2weeks if someone had a lead of 50 points in first or something.

Not a perfect idea, requires recoding the point system for comps, but it could be interesting... right now the comp winners only compete at the end. Its the smart way to play with current comp rules.

Ya, he has a few good solutions. I like the king of the hill idea... you get more points the longer you hold top ranking. Like first place gets 5 points every day they are first, 2nd 4pts/day, 3rd 3pts/day, etc. Encourages people to submit early and compete not just at the end. The contest would end after four weeks, or after at least 2weeks if someone had a lead of 50 points in first or something.

Not a perfect idea, requires recoding the point system for comps, but it could be interesting... right now the comp winners only compete at the end. Its the smart way to play with current comp rules.

Sounds good idea, maybe a little complicated for programming but would "avoid" the "winners at last minute" in competitions like this one.

Maybe 2 week window at the start of the comp that does not count points, only tracks rankings. After that window is up, points awarded each day - people could sandbag for the first 2 weeks that way, but then everyone would have motivation to post as soon as possible after that. Not a perfect solution, but could be cool. Still would probably want two conditions for ending the contest - a final end date if the competition is very close, and a blow out end point if its mathematically impossible for anyone to come back by the final end date. It's more complicated, but would be cool.

Congrats to the winners by the way, impressive scores.

Nice scores from all participants. The competition was quite helpful, pushing me to tweak as much as I can and try to compensate for the not-so-good CPUs. However not possible to win over much higher clocks just with efficiency.

On the other side it was my first serious touch with PCMark05 and even I was following the tweaks in the thread, I still suck at it :). Honestly, it's not my type of bench.

And I lost my good HD4890, had to bench with the other one after that (30MHz less on the core and 70MHz/280MHz GDDR5 less on the memory) :(

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

@all : Thanks :)

I'm just lucky here because i still have good AMD CPU chips that i used for ASUS AEOCC Indonesia FFA Qualification and final 29 Febuary 2012.

Honestly, i'm start bench 4 days before deadline because still have much work and reviews from my offices. And strugling for PCmark 05 tweaks thats i don't know much of it. and thanks a lot to Christian Ney for PCmark 05 tweaking http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37447 that help me alot for PCmark05 stage.

Sorry for posting all my scores after benchmarking PCmark 05 done at the last days , 12 hours before deadline.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in the finalisation of the competition. So, the winners are:

- Coldest (990FXA-UD7)

- I.nfraR.ed (990FA-UD5)

- I.M.O.G. (990FXA-UD3)

Two notes:

- The CPU-Z mainboard tab was missing in I.M.O.G's submissions. This was not explicitly stated as competition requirement, so it's a fault on our side. We can see in the system pictures that a Gigabyte mainboard was used. Therefore, his results will not be pulled. We also take note of this and make sure to explicitly state the mainboard tab requirement for future competitions

- I.nfraR.ed sent me a private message to hold a lucky draw between places #4 to #12 to give away his UD5 board (as he mentioned earlier in this thread). A very nice gesture! I'm uploading the video of the random.org lucky draw which you can check to win. Cool!

I'll inform Gigabyte about the competition. The winners will be contacted shortly!

:)

//edit:

Congrats Froxic!