HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark04 - How to get the score

Vinster

on PCMark 04, how would you get the score to be visible at the end of the bench?

ORB doesn't support it anymore so how does one use this bench today?

I'm not going to pay for a bench that is no longer supported. How are some of you guys getting by this?

Vin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I have problems getting score in PCMark04 too.

I have:

- entered a key for pro Edition

- installed Media Decoder Pack 9

- installed WMP 9 and WMP 10

- reinstalled PCMark04

nothing helped...

Allways following message:

"System suite must be selected and run to obtain a PCMark score."

PCMark05 runs well with scores. All other Futuremark Benches run well. Only PCMark04 make trouble. On other System (Laptop) PCMark04 runs well.

My System:

Intel Xeon X3380

GTX 275 (newest NVidia Driver)

8 GB RAM ( only 3,25 GB useable)

Win XP Prof 32 bit Bench only OS

Samsung SSD 830

Any Ideas?

EDIT:

Found the error but dont know how to fix it. It is the grammar test who fails to run. Any suggestions? There are fixes for C2D but not for C2Q cpus.

Greets

TCC

Edited by Tomcatciller

So that doesn't fall under "Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program" in this case making it slower but not faster but still altering it none the less.

Depending on how a user uses that fix one could cripple the score more than others.

I've had that same problem so I chose to no longer use that bench because of this single issue. imo PCM04 should be removed due to this issue.

If you can't run a bench under it's own accord it doesn't belong here.

Vin

So that doesn't fall under "Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program" in this case making it slower but not faster but still altering it none the less.

Depending on how a user uses that fix one could cripple the score more than others.

I've had that same problem so I chose to no longer use that bench because of this single issue. imo PCM04 should be removed due to this issue.

Vin

There's another method. That's not the only one. ;)

Vin

U dont trick the benchmark to belive run faster;) So no problem:D

There are many ways to skin a rabbit, but to have to perform any task to allow a bench to complete properly while the bench is running imo is wrong. Either fix the bench or get rid of it.

This being an outdated bench there will be no fix. and any fix from anyone other than Futuremark is unacceptable as it could do other things and alter the standard.

I've tried running this bench in WinXP, Vista and 7. I had only been able to run this bench a handful of times in WinXP builds and when I did, I did nothing special except for installing the required applications for the bench and running it.

That's how it should be.

Vin

Single core there is no problem.

Some AMD Dual cores will get through it okay if not run the grammar test by itself and if it goes through okay then run the full test.

What I do for the rest is open task manager/ processes tab/ right click on PCM05 select affinity and tick single core but dont click Ok.

Start PCM04 when it gets to the end of the second test and changes to deinitialising click okay so the grammar test runs on one core.

While the test is running right click on PCM04 again in the task manager window select affinity and select all cores its easy to do before the grammar test finishes then click okay when its deinitialising again.

That gets them all through :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Somebody should *PATCH* this bloody lame PCmark04 to work :( Manual clicking game is not funny at all :(

Even when I set Affinity to 1 core for the WHOLE PCmark04, I did no get the score no matter how hard I try:

PCmark_affinity_fail.jpg

So on Core 2 Extreme X6800 it does not work at all. Period.

Edited by trodas

Somebody should *PATCH* this bloody lame PCmark04 to work :( Manual clicking game is not funny at all :(

Even when I set Affinity to 1 core for the WHOLE PCmark04, I did no get the score no matter how hard I try:

PCmark_affinity_fail.jpg

So on Core 2 Extreme X6800 it does not work at all. Period.

You will also get no score if you fail any of the other tests. Try at stock speeds to see if maybe your OC is too unstable.

I just had a really really quick try on my daily machine (Sandy i3...2C/4T)

The single-core command didn't change anything, Task manager still gave me 50% core use for M-T Test 3. The next test (File Decryption) Went through at 25%.

That's....6? minutes of install & test, so if this has any point.... the point would be... make sure it's doing what you think it is.

Edited by K404