HWBOT Community Forums

UCBench11: Tweaks and Luck

GENiEBEN

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or manually select the proper amount?

On a side note, if you bench a quad you're free to run 4 threads as many times as you want, right? Like, setting 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4... as parameters.

That was going to be the same question I was going to ask.

But on a side note, auto also sometimes brings up bugged results due to thread count issues and other things right? So isn't that counter productive anyway?

All I can say at this point is why continue to use this bench since even with default settings it can give a bugged result?

This one should be disabled period until the problem is fixed or you guys will still have work to do in the near future. Once the bench has been fixed, then allow subs with it again OR find a replacement - More difficult to do I'll admit but the issues with bugs and UCbench has turned it into a moderator's nightmare no matter which option is chosen.

I would say see if it can be fixed before ditching it of course and that's probrably what would happen anyway and probrably the best choice..... If it can be fixed.

That's just my viewpoint of it.

Or manually select the proper amount?

On a side note, if you bench a quad you're free to run 4 threads as many times as you want, right? Like, setting 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4... as parameters.

That was going to be the same question I was going to ask.

But on a side note, auto also sometimes brings up bugged results due to thread count issues and other things right? So isn't that counter productive anyway?

Just leave the threads at auto :P, and only change the instruction set, you'll be good to go no matter what in most cases. That's because sometimes the benchmark can produce a bugged run even at default settings.

To my understanding, setting 4,4,4,4,4,4 is illegal because you ignore the rest of the default cpu threads (1,2,3).

• 4 weeks later...