HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Class A EMEA Qualifier thread.

Massman

And about removing my 03 score. I have sent my validation file to you and futuremark confirmed my score is valid (i will send you newer mail that passi from futuremark sent me). My efficiency in 03 sucks, you think 238K is not doable with that clocks?

I have a video and will place the video link here. 03 with 2.49 systeminfo cannot validate my home pc and says system info is old. Its really funny. Wait for the video...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The explanation was given in public already, I believe.

The 3DMark03 is not valid because the validation link is lacking. This is the same issue Rbuass and Gunslinger ran in to. The Unigine Heaven was blocked because the benchmark settings were altered so the benchmark was not run at default settings. From what I see in the staff section, it seems this was an accident more than a deliberate attempt at faul play.

The explanation was given in public already, I believe.

The 3DMark03 is not valid because the validation link is lacking. This is the same issue Rbuass and Gunslinger ran in to. The Unigine Heaven was blocked because the benchmark settings were altered so the benchmark was not run at default settings. From what I see in the staff section, it seems this was an accident more than a deliberate attempt at faul play.

please read it:

Why you dont want to give me a time to defend my score?

Everyone (Including hwbot staff that created this benchmark app) knows that changing a setting cause benchmark not to give any score. So how did i do this???? If i can do, why nobody do not make results with changed settings? Hwbot admins, can you produce a result by changing setting??? Is it really easy to remove someones score? An score that i worked so much that you think. I must be the victim of your programming and codding errors????

I will produce a movie for you and upload it here that everyone can see that i have not (and i cant really) change any settings. I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANY SETTINGS OF YOUR BENCHMARK

Also, tesseletion is off from ccc. So what is the difference? You disable tesselation from ccc and change it from any game or app. Does it effect score??

Edit:

HWbot moderator Olesius was there. Why you dont ask him how i ran heaven?

I love this part:

I must be the victim of your programming and codding errors????

IMO, even if a benchmark does produce bugged results once in a while, it is still your fault if you have been waiting til the last minute and/or uploaded only one score. In case there is anything wrong with this score, you simply have no time to react and end up empty-handed.

I ask others:

can you change setting in Unigine Heaven, run and get score??? or disable tesseleation in benchmark and get score???

Yes it's possible to do that. However I will not explain how to do it exactly obviously.

We can check in the database if somebody used this bug to disable tesselation. Since everybody is requesting more details:

The result data contains all stuff like system data, benchmark and score details and so on. One little part is "d3d11_render_use_tessellation 1" which indicates the tesselation of the benchmark (not the tesselation of the driver!). In this case the detail was "d3d11_render_use_tessellation 0". So the tesselation of the benchmark was disabled which is a similar thing to change the resolution of the benchmark (not default settings).

Don't get me wrong please! I'm not saying that he did it on purpose. Even if this happened by mistake or bug of the benchmark it would not be a run at default settings.

The reason for the block would just change from "not ran at default settings" to "impossible score at given settings, possible bug or other". The result would be the same.

We checked the unigine heaven score of all other submissions and all of them had tesselation enabled in the benchmark.

If it was bugged it would be the same result like for example the black level scores of 3DMark03. Not caused by the user but in the end still not valid.

Keep in mind that this is just the issue about the unigine heaven result. Like Massman explained already the 03 result does not have a valid link. We had this issue several times now during the qualifier and we cannot accept the result without a valid link. Futuremark just "confirmed" it via email that the result could be valid but they can't provide a link. It was clearly written in the rules that you have to be careful with the systeminfo and provide a valid link. Since the competition is over we also can't accept valid and lower scores which have not been submitted to the competition in time.

Just my personal point of view:

This is also a result of sandbagging. If these scores were submitted few days ago we could've looked into it and maybe helped you to get a valid score in time. Few minutes before the competition was over this is impossible. I'm really sorry this happened to you and can understand that you must be very disappointed and angry but since we are talking about a ticket to MOA with a lot of money involved we can't do any exceptions when it comes to the rules. I hope you understand that.

I hope this is enough explanation for you guys.

Edited by der8auer

IMO, even if a benchmark does produce bugged results once in a while, it is still your fault if you have been waiting til the last minute and/or uploaded only one score. In case there is anything wrong with this score, you simply have no time to react and end up empty-handed.

it is not my asnwer.

scores were not only one and it`s our business time of submit a score.

Thanks for the explanation, Roman. I agree with both yours- and Sam's conclusion that sandbagging led to this. I was just repulsed by other respected veteran overclockers on how easy they throw a 'cheater' accusation around.

Edited by tiborrr

I could say the same thing for many PCMark scores. Why jumping to conclusions so fast? What you are all doing is a mob lynch and appear to be fueled by butt-hurt.

Stop talking on pcmark!!!!!!!!!!

This here is other Level ;)

And shure i can say enough for pcmark......

Just a little note. Like what tiborrr said never call anyone cheater so easily.

I am so sorry for some overclockers that calling me a cheater. Just remember that i was in hwbot before some of you even know about hwbot.

And i sorry for hwbot staff that before asking me a live stream or anything like it, removed my results and letting others think i am a cheater. Thank you...

I am still insisting that both my results are valid. And that ####ing 03 could not detect my systeminfo version. I have a video and i will upload it here (sry but my internet is limited at around 128K) that shows even by installing a 4.29 system info it says your system info is old! So what i could do? The stupid benchmark does not detect system info 4.29 and detect it as 3.7. What is my fault here?

Edited by Don_Corleone

I am not specially mentioning you moose83. Just go and check my profile. I have a lot of records with very very limited hardware availability in Iran and this is not my only "Nice" result.

And a question which i will happy hwbot staff answer me. Does turning off a tesselation which already is off, changes score?

Edited by Don_Corleone

I am still insisting that both my results are valid. And that ####ing 03 could not detect my systeminfo version. I have a video and i will upload it here (sry but my internet is limited at around 128K) that shows even by installing a 4.29 system info it says your system info is old! So what i could do? The stupid benchmark does not detect system info 4.29 and detect it as 3.7. What is my fault here?

I think you are using an old version of the 3DMark03 benchmark which may have integrated SI and/or isn't compatible with the latest SI.

Make sure you are also using the latest 3DMark 03 version which is something like 3.60v1901.

EDIT: close enough, it's v360.1901

Edited by Christian Ney

Since I gave up on class B with my weak cpu, I had nothing to do but watch the show in EMEA A and class B.

I believe the Iranian guys didn't do that on purpose, but in the end both results are not valid in terms of defined rules.

Not sure about UH, but it doesn't matter if it as a bug or done on purpose - still not a valid score. Well, it matters to some extent, because if it was done on purpose the user deserves some kind of punishment, but in both cases the result needs to be removed.

For 3DMark 03, even if it is completely valid, the missing validation link renders it invalid for the competition. So it doesn't matter if you provide all the proof in the world. Rules are rules.

Now, if you didn't count on sandbagging and had uploaded some lower, but valid scores earlier, you could still get to the finals when your top scores get removed. And if these placeholder scores were not valid, people would report them earlier and you would have had time to correct these flaws. You got screwed by the sandbagging.

Just my 5c.

About cyclone: I didn't pay attention to the screenshot and now it's gone, but it's really disappointing to see such thing from a respected overclocker. Don't know what he was thinking...

We all know what is he capable of. When you don't have a good hardware to compete, just give up and save your good reputation. That's a shame if true :(.

I still would like to see that screenshot though.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed