HWBOT Community Forums

Some love for Old School Hardware Competition

Antinomy

sure but i hate that benchmark. i´ll only get a tennis elbow from maltreating the mouse :rolleyes:

isn´t there a other benchmark that will measuring all components except the mouse? :D

whats about 3d mark 06 on pentium III? the very best paltform for it will be dual-PIII-S and best gpu the HD3850 AGP, right? :)

• Crew
sure but i hate that benchmark. i´ll only get a tennis elbow from maltreating the mouse :rolleyes:

You have to move the mouse in the corner of your screen so your mouse pointer dont interfere the moving windows. It was actually never about moving the mouse as fast as you can.

I try to imagine a PCMark05 Pro see someone benching and thus moving his mous rediculous fast and wonder: "Should I tell him? Oh no its just to funny..." :)

Anyway, Cinebench 2003 was a good idea in TeamCup. Why not also for Pentium III? Only downside is that there are no hardware points enabled for this one.

some more name proposal: Vintage Hardware Festival Series

486DX4, when your first run is your last run as well as your sandbag run.

in that case u could post your sandbag-results weeks before stage closed because there isn´t enough time to beat that time with a 486 :D

super pi on 486 and aquamark on riva 128 would really be hardcore because only one run lasts weeks or months :D

oh it´s faster than i tought. even a 386 @ 16 mhz needs less than a month for a 1M:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2133058_drswizz_superpi___1m_386sx_16_25days_20h_31min_23sec_647ms

:D

there should be wr-points for results like that. it´s harder to make such a result than just cooling a devils canyon with ln2 und let it run a few seconds ;) especially when super pi after 3 weeks says "not exact in round" xD

the wr for longest lasting 1m run...

Edited by Luebke

as slow as a 486DX4-100? :confused:

Compute Super pi 32M without an FPU, that should be really brutal.

i only have a 387 fpu but 487 fpus will own that challange :(

edit: oh without. sry i read "with" first time :D

without might be interesting, too. i have a 486SX 25. but best would be a 486SX-2 50, right? :confused:

Edited by Luebke

as slow as a 486DX4-100? :confused:

i only have a 387 fpu but 487 fpus will own that challange :(

edit: oh without. sry i read "with" first time :D

without might be interesting, too. i have a 486SX 25. but best would be a 486SX-2 50, right? :confused:

AMD produced SX2-66.

But the best should be UMC 40 MHz (esp. at 50 MHz), they are all without FPU

but in integer ops they are much faster than regular DX/SX.

Isn't it offtopic? :)

• 3 weeks later...