HWBOT Community Forums

strong island 1 - GeForce GTX 980 Ti @ 1930/2050MHz - 23236 marks 3DMark - Fire Strike

FiestaMode

If only I had money...

Believe me man I really dont have much. I make so many sacrifices in my life. I drive a 1990 buick, I walk to work so I barely use it. I havent bought new clothes in 5 years, I try not to eat out, I'm behind on my taxes and some bills. I also always have to sell each card I use to be able to buy a new one.

As long as you have a steady job and are willing to make sacrifices you can make anything happen if you really love it. I also work a ton of overtime. I just passed my independent appraisal license test so hopefully soon I can start making some real money.

And now this card eats so much ln2 I'm broke, also benching these cards is not as easy as K|NGP|N, steponz, xtreme addict and gunslinger make it look, especially at the very top end with the voltages and control that's required

Edited by Strong Island

Believe me man I really dont have much. I make so many sacrifices in my life. I drive a 1990 buick, I walk to work so I barely use it. I havent bought new clothes in 5 years, I try not to eat out, I'm behind on my taxes and some bills. I also always have to sell each card I use to be able to buy a new one.

As long as you have a steady job and are willing to make sacrifices you can make anything happen if you really love it. I also work a ton of overtime. I just passed my independent appraisal license test so hopefully soon I can start making some real money.

And now this card eats so much ln2 I'm broke, also benching these cards is not as easy as K|NGP|N, steponz, xtreme addict and gunslinger make it look, especially at the very top end with the voltages and control that's required

that spirit icon14.gif

I look up to you guys and everyone's story is amazing. Im currently a student in high school trying to do something that makes me feel good about myself and waste some time, I've tried other hobbies but nothing makes me feels as good as overclocking. love that feel when I beat that score I've been going after for week. :)

Great submission and keep up the good work!

1st time with a new card is never easy ;) . You have to know it well, voltage, T°, warmup run or not, mem voltage, PLL... it take time ;). No one (even better OCer in the world) can maxout a GPU at the 1st time. Your next shoot will be better ;). As Steponz said, try to use CPU with water cooling, 4.6-4.7Ghz to save LN2 and focus on GPU. Don't forget to fine tweak your driver BEFORE, with air or water cooloing setting, and go for cold ONLY when every thing is ready, or you will loose too much time, LN2 and card will become wet so harder to handle ;). You have a good weapon so keep pushing and good luck.