HWBOT Community Forums

Summer 2016 Party in PA *Official Sign-Ups*

Jpmboy, I am just learning to bench cold myself so I'm going to be spending a lot of my time learning. Your welcome to mess with some of my equipment if you want to get your hands dirty and learn with me.

thanks lochekey. hands may be dirty already... gotta get to Carlise that weekend too for something a month later.

@jpmboy

bring that virgin kingpin that nobody seems to want to buy off you and deflower it lol.

but seriously like i said awhile back in our ocn pm's and to echo everybody else, your welcome to have some fun on whatever i'm benching.

lol - yeah, may have to give it to a nephew or something. 80% too. not sure he knows what to do with an evbot tho. :-0

Will be good to put some faces and names (or usernames) together. Looks like the list of attendees is growing!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed coming solo.

I'll bring as many materials as possible, can't/don't want to list them all.

Obv willing to loan whatever I can. (Have to make up for being severely underprepared for Montreal this year and highly grateful for the ones who helped)

Anyone staying through Monday? Trying to determine to take Friday or Monday off work.

Building trucks instead of computers these days

I am out of the game these days boys and girls, but will be popping into say hello

Figure all these years of benching now we have an event only 30 minutes from my house .... LOL

Looking forward to seeing the OCF's cast of criminals ..... lol

and meeting you guys I have not met.

Confirmed coming solo.

I'll bring as many materials as possible, can't/don't want to list them all.

Obv willing to loan whatever I can. (Have to make up for being severely underprepared for Montreal this year and highly grateful for the ones who helped)

Anyone staying through Monday? Trying to determine to take Friday or Monday off work.

I am trying to go as well and been looking for someone to go with to split costs. I would be willing to drive to you and carpool rest of the way. I'm in Milwaukee but you are around half way point. If there's no extra room for me no worries, but my schedule can be wide open (thur-mon etc) but just can't afford paying for room 3 nights solo on top of gas and missed work

I am trying to go as well and been looking for someone to go with to split costs. I would be willing to drive to you and carpool rest of the way. I'm in Milwaukee but you are around half way point. If there's no extra room for me no worries, but my schedule can be wide open (thur-mon etc) but just can't afford paying for room 3 nights solo on top of gas and missed work

I'm all for carpooling and shouldn't be a room issue as I'm going by myself. I have a new wedding that literally popped up last night so I'm double checking my PTO at work now considering that.

I'll post back up later today to confirm my departure.

EDIT:

Looks like I will be able to take a day off, so just depends on if it will be Friday or Monday. I'll move this to PM for you and I to talk Jason but would like to hear from others if they are coming in early or staying an extra day.

Edited by filmbot

I'll be bringing 1-3 extra monitors for use as loaners.

Wife downsized her suv so will need to see how much I can fit (need to leave room for my ss and cascade which I'll be picking up that weekend).

Would like to find a good/cheap deal on a bunch of used keyboards and mice to bring along as well.

ya that's what I'm trying to figure out as well, would love to split costs with someone, with 1080 coming out tomorrow I feel like I'm not going to have enough money.

Will add a section to the OP about room sharing.

Will check if I can switch my reservation from from a king size bed to a pair of smaller ones.

Anyone who's willing to share a room, please let us know in this thread and we'll get people matched up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks!!

Been busy with work but with less than a month to go, wanted to provide an update and see if, collectively, we can get some more sign-ups and other folks involved in our get together.

We're all set with the venue booking. Just need to get some electrical questions answered and get someone to stop by the venue to check the room and let them know how the tables should be arranged. If one of you lives nearby and could handle that side of the equation, please let me know. Other than that, we could probably use more extension cords, etc..

On the loaner pool front...I picked up 5 keyboard/mouse combos so those will be available on a first come, first served basis. The kind folks at HWBOT (thank you Massman!) have promised to have a 6950x available for loan during the event. Whoever borrows it will only be allowed to use if for 3d benches but it'll be awesome to get to take this thing for a spin. Anyone else have stuff they'd be willing to lend?

Turn n' Burn will be bringing along one of lnlcooling's monster setups. Pretty awesome and it'll give us all a chance to actually see it in action. Turn's working with them and we're in discussions about possibly raffling off one of their devices during the weekend. If you're not familiar with them, their website is: lnlcooling

As previously announced, the folks from OCTV will attending and running some beta competitions. They've also kindly agreed to bring extra webcams so we'll be doing livestreaming throughout the weekend.

It'd also be great to see if we can get some form of support from other vendors. I'll be reaching out to the Elites who'll be attending to see if they'd be willing to try and get their sponsors on board.

Still looking for ideas for weekend competitions! Cash prizes for the winners will be paid with any donation funds which don't get used for ln2 purchases. Thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. If we don't end up having cash prize competitions, we'll probably use those funds for pizza and such.

Welcome any input from you on any aspect of the weekend get-together! The goal is to do whatever possible to make sure everyone has an awesome time.

For folks arriving on Friday night...any thoughts on what you'd like to do that evening? Am thinking it'd be great to get together for dinner, beverages, hardware prep, hanging out, etc, etc. I'm hoping to get there around 8pm-ish.

Getting excited and looking forward to seeing you all there!

Very best regards,

-Stefan

PS- If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here or contact me directly. I'll also be bringing some extra eraser, shamwow, tim, k-type probes and neoprene in case anyone needs it.

Edited by funsoul

Stefan, When you have a chance give me a call. i will actually be at the same Clarion on July 20th for a business seminar and can check some things out at that point and will also be taking Friday 22nd off to receive the LN2. Remember, there is a two week cutoff for amount of LN2 needed. Might be a good idea to remind everyone and get the people that want individual cans squared away.

If anyone wants their own, personal tank please let me know before Wednesday June 6th. Heading out for vacation on the 9th so want to take care of this as quickly as possible.

Tia!

do you know how much it would be for a personal tank, I would like one. I havent signed up yet only because I really wanted to share a room so I can make it a little cheaper.

do you know how much it would be for a personal tank, I would like one. I havent signed up yet only because I really wanted to share a room so I can make it a little cheaper.

Personal (230L) tanks are $100.

Got my room switched to 2 queen beds so can share a room. You, GTIJason and filmbot have all asked for people willing to share so we should all be good to go as long as one of the 3 of you either already has a room booked or goes ahead and books one.

On another note...due to production issues, lnl will not be raffling off one of their setups. :(

Personal (230L) tanks are $100.

Got my room switched to 2 queen beds so can share a room. You, GTIJason and filmbot have all asked for people willing to share so we should all be good to go as long as one of the 3 of you either already has a room booked or goes ahead and books one.

On another note...due to production issues, lnl will not be raffling off one of their setups. :(

nice deal, I would love a personal tank, I can definitely share, thats a great price. Is it annoying to ask for a personal tank.

Might finally get a durango monday so I will be able to bring my dewars.

So then we have 1 person can share with funsoul. I can book a room if someone wants to go half.

i was thinking of skipping the event originally but it sounds like too much fun and would love to meet all you guys.

Awesome! Psyched you're going to make it!!

Nah...no biggie about personal tanks, your's will make 3 (Turn and jiccman have also asked for one).

Getting very excited now. Just have to hope that I'll have my stuff together so I don't waste time on setups when I get there. :/

That said...look forward to meeting everyone and stoked on the socializing aspect! :)

Guest k.pisti

This sounds sooo good, I wish you guys a pleasant time and break all the records! :D

And you Stefan, my friend are a legend for organizing this.