HWBOT Community Forums

Sandy Bridge 2500K/2600K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

Hello people!

I`m new to this forum and new to the sandy-bridge comunity. Out of curiosity i just read about OC capabilities related to batch numbers. So i searched my nr ( L147B764 ) but found nothing. Maybe i didn't searched well enough. Does somebody know something about this batch?

Thank you!

Hello people!

I`m new to this forum and new to the sandy-bridge comunity. Out of curiosity i just read about OC capabilities related to batch numbers. So i searched my nr ( L147B764 ) but found nothing. Maybe i didn't searched well enough. Does somebody know something about this batch?

Thank you!

It is a LOTTERY you win some you loose some.. some are amazing payouts some are decent some suck.. its a luck of the draw man test it and come back with results I never would have known my chip could boot 56x+ if I didnt give it alot of volts but its nice to know if you dont get a super low voltage chip you will probably get a super high multi =b

I will try, but with a little bit of walkthrough, only if you have time and want to. I don`t want to ruin it. Specs besides the cpu:

MB: MSI Z68A-GD80 G3

Ram: Geil evo corsa 2133Mhz 9-11-9-28

PSU: CM silent pro M700 single rail 50Amps on +12v

CPU cooler: CM hyper 212+

Some programs i should run tests on?

Edited by magiQx

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a decent one:

2500K, L148B923, #0242

55x max multi, around 5530 max on water

Going to try another one tomorrow

Was hoping for at least 57x chip, but that's still much better than all chips I've tested - one 50x, several 51x and just one 53x.

Too bad I don't have money to buy more than one at a time :(

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Second chip

2500K, L148B923, #0367, 55x max multi, ~5580MHz

Boots on 56x as well with lower ref clock, same maximum frequency. 57x stops on AE/blinking cursor, so probably I do everything right.

This one did 50x with pll overvoltage = off, one multi up from the previous chip.

Note again that I'm an AMD guy :P

• 3 weeks later...

Just done binning some of my own, here you go:

2600k.

L040B907 #1979 - Max Multi 51x

L040B907 #3002 - Max Multi 54x - 52x @ 1.65v 3d bench 4c/8t | 53x @ 1.6v 3d bench 2c/2t

L050A933 #0997 - Max Multi 52x - 24/7 stable F@H @ 5Ghz @ 1.42v

3102C389 #2836 - Max Multi 50x

hello!

I just received a strange 2700K...no problem until 54X

on range 55-59X freezes on windows logo ... all CPUs i have tried showed blinking cursor on max multi ... why not this?

I tried it with a waterchiller... needs more cold or there is no hope??

ty

hello!

I just received a strange 2700K...no problem until 54X

on range 55-59X freezes on windows logo ... all CPUs i have tried showed blinking cursor on max multi ... why not this?

I tried it with a waterchiller... needs more cold or there is no hope??

ty

turn off speed step + cstates. its next to impossible to find the max multi with them on as windows will boot lower multi then try a higher one causing freezing instead of blinking cursor.

• 1 month later...

Have anyone actually had any improvements from goin -40c to -70c etc? I have cpu doing 57x easily on air,water and SS but 58x stucks on windows loading. I didnt push more voltage YET, 1.57v max on vcore and 1.94pll.

Have only old sucky UD4 B2 board and already broke my ssd so i will wait until my Maximus IV comes home before i test this more :)

There seems so many over 5900Mhz chips on hwbot rankings suddenly and that makes me thinking maybe theres some setting wich makes this more common..

Ye i tough so too and maybe some guys borrow their cpu:s for their friends etc.. I will try more with decent mb and more voltage on vcore. Altough this 5.7gh is almost best what i have seen in finland :D

My last 2600k cpu did 55x with asus mb right away and with gigabyte it did only 54x so i hope i will see somthing like that again :D Maybe i try lilbit more pll voltage too cuz one of mine chip scaled fev mhz even 2 -> 2.05v :)

• 2 weeks later...

What u guys think, im now testing this chip on Maximus IV Z68. So far i managed to get 56x102,4 = 5735Mhz stable.

Problems comes when i try to go in windows with 5750 or higher, it just starts load windows and just when windows should pop up it just crashes, no boot or nothing just freezes threre.

I can do that until 5860Mhz and then it freezes at boot.

Do u have any advices what i can try to get past that 5735Mhz. It seems like sata port problem or somthing.

Voltages: vcore tryed 1.55-1.7, vccio 1.1-1.26, cpu pll 1.6-2.1.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

I have the i7 2600k but I don´t find my batch#

the batch# is: 3150B465

and the #: 1550

What do these numbers mean???

This is what the batch number means:

3 = costa rica

1 = the year 2011

50 = week 50 so some when in December

B465 = position on waffer.

Hope this helps.