HWBOT Community Forums

Hwbot home page bugs and issues

Mr. DB!

Hi guys, all of us following Hwbot for a long time and I can say this site is one part of our life, we saw too many success, records, news, honor and more. also this site help us to educating and the most important part of HWbot for me and some guys like me is "help to make too many friends from around the world". unfortunately around 1 year, Hwbot is not like past and after last update everything is sloppy. just look at home page, news, links was not updated for a while!

its not just a simple website for us, its a part of our life, even here we know somebody past away :( and all of us miss them. please do something for this community or let us know whats happening here... :(

Edited by Mr. DB!

• Crew

We are now with just one programmer, one mod and one person that maintains the DBase... no newswriters, no forum admin,...

We will have to open vacancies, issue is there's not much time to train the new crew;

Last but not least this is all done without any payment or other compensations...

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Sad 2

• Crew

why do you think that Nik? Some people already volunteered so I hope to have 2 moderators operational in the next month or so. I hope Frederik can resolve/fix some annoying bugs like the links that don't work, etc

Biggest issue is I have not enough knowledge of the ultra old stuff or the brand new 3D stuff on LN2 so we need a few experts that can keep an eye on eg. the LOD used subs in Timespy or such benchmarks...

It is like with any club or such, volunteers keep the boat afloat, if you loose those than it will be over and done...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

thx shrimpy.....well if bot had of adapted what ive proposed now for about 4 yrs and every person that submits here pays $10 membership per yr with NO say in the running of bot at all, then they have the money there to pay some sort of wage to the mods and to be able to employ a coder, programmer and what ever and whomever else they need to fix all the bugs and shit in this site, and keep it fixed for a smooth run for everyone but no its fallen on deaf ears for yrs and look where it is now, when a boat has holes in its hull its ony a matter of time before it fills and is ready to sink

Edited by ozzie
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, Leeghoofd said:

why do you think that Nik? Some people already volunteered so I hope to have 2 moderators operational in the next month or so. I hope Frederik can resolve/fix some annoying bugs like the links that don't work, etc

Biggest issue is I have not enough knowledge of the ultra old stuff or the brand new 3D stuff on LN2 so we need a few experts that can keep an eye on eg. the LOD used subs in Timespy or such benchmarks...

It is like with any club or such, volunteers keep the boat afloat, if you loose those than it will be over and done...

Leeghoofd,

First of all a million thanks for all the continued support you are giving!!!! It sometimes feels as if you are the only and and for sure the front face of HWbot. I then understand there are a some people working behind the scenes but actually know very little about what happens behind the scenes.

Now what i dont understand is I thought there was a complete management shift for the hwbot. All with the attempt to actually make it better and get away form parts of this basic management issue. OR this has not happened. From what we can see from the outside we are now back to where we were a year or so ago with timeouts 405 messages and so forth.

Maybe its time we actually get some more insight from those who supposedly took over the bot and promised greener pastures for the community. With the issues this is what I believe still the one and only concise overclocking database worth the name with some checks and balances so we somehow can compare OC results.

• Like 1

still cant see profiles  on many  and mine it doesnt reveal past subs either thats all you get under the profile, some you get the whole profile others you get half and it stops at thats it youre at the end , no subs or links to click  to view , i guess its something to do with programing or coding............... can someone have a look at it please

That's it! You're at the end.

Edited by ozzie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TerraRaptor said:

I google necessary hardware i.e. "Duron 950 hwbot" and then get necessary link,  a couple of f5 and there it is. 

Ok, but is it correct ?

I mean, what if you want to see the entire cpu collection from the database. Make comparisons, see where most interest is in submissions...

Not so user friendly I think.

• Like 1

I started having this errors too about 2 weeks ago ," that's it you are at the end " , " hardware search is not working for me " and some " timed out errors 501very often "  Also the website has increasingly getting slower and sluggish for me :( .  I do appreciate Alby and everything he has done for hwbot  humanly possible , thanks a lot @Leeghoofd. This is a matter of maintenance to the web site and servers and the only that can fix it is a coder eg. @richba5tard  can you help with that ? Thank you.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Edited by chispy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chispy said:

I started having this errors too about 2 weeks ago ," that's it you are at the end " , " hardware search is not working for me " and some " timed out errors 501very often "  Also the website has increasingly getting slower and sluggish for me :( .  I do appreciate Alby and everything he has done for hwbot  humanly possible , thanks a lot @Leeghoofd. This is a matter of maintenance to the web site and servers and the only that can fix it is a coder eg. @richba5tard  can you help with that ? Thank you.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Just for your info Richba5tard is no longer involved with HWBOT. Site has been sold.

All problems must be addressed by staff working for the new owners.

• Sad 1