HWBOT Community Forums

The official GRIFF Old School Cup Round 1 thread.

GRIFF

Hi guys.

Finally thanks to @GeorgeStorm my competition sees light.

I hope it's not a joke on your part to put it on April 1st))))))).

All invited to participate.

General rules and limitations:
- Only motherboards with SDR SDRAM memory.
- Only air cooling allowed for all stages, but still open to members of all HWBOT leagues.
- Video proof is required (for first 3 results with 3% tolerance) verification of the cooling used and ambient temperature (not below +10°C). Video must be contain 2-3 sec before finish of the benchmark and your rig for verification of used cooling with thermometer of ambient temperature.
- Verification screenshot is required with CPU, Motherboard & RAM tabs of CPU-Z.
- Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
- Only desktop parts are allowed.
- Submit using competition background.

Round 1 rules and limitations:
Must use a Socket 370 and Slot 1 (with adapter) motherboard with non-Intel chipset.
Must use an Intel Celeron "Coppermine" CPU with native 66Mhz FSB.
Must use an ATI Radeon 9100 series GPU.
Must use SDR SDRAM memory.

Link to competition:

https://hwbot.org/competition/gosc_r1

Background: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbKq6sX97ZLjNAoJWKvdqRmyMhIfLWtp/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by GRIFF
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Hi guys.

Finally thanks to @GeorgeStorm my competition sees light.

I hope it's not a joke on your part to put it on April 1st))))))).

All invited to participate.

General rules and limitations:
- Only motherboards with SDR SDRAM memory.
- Only air cooling allowed for all stages, but still open to members of all HWBOT leagues.
- Video proof is required for verification of the cooling used and ambient temperature (not below +10°C). Video must be contain 2-3 sec before finish of the benchmark and your rig for verification of used cooling with thermometer of ambient temperature.
- Verification screenshot is required with CPU, Motherboard & RAM tabs of CPU-Z.
- Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
- Only desktop parts are allowed.
- Submit using competition background.

Must use a Socket 370 and Slot 1 (with adapter) motherboard with non-Intel chipset.

Hi! Can you tell more about limitation, coz on main page there is only a 

LIMITATIONS

• Only use processors using socket 370.
  • Only use processors using socket Slot 1.
  • Only make submissions with a Radeon 9100 videocard.
  • Only use processors based on the Coppermine-256 core.
  • Only use processors based on the Coppermine-128 core.

no word about non-intel chipset or cooling system, using desktop/mobile parts and FSB. Maybe rules still can be changed or we can make some discuss about it?))

On 4/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, Neyasit said:
  • no word about non-intel chipset or cooling system, using desktop/mobile parts and FSB. Maybe rules still can be changed or we can make some discuss about it?))

Round 1 rules and limitations:

This is all limitations for this round. I ask GeorgeStorm to change the limit list.

2 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

Why win the board you're already competing with?

one of the reasons

2 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

May the best chipset win!

will need to know the programs (like wpcredit) to change the chipset parameters in windows. 

Radeon 9100 need only for 3D benchmarks of 1° and 2° round. For fist 4 stages you can use any type of 3D graphics card.

On 4/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, TerraRaptor said:

I don't have 9100 and it is not available for sale. 

Strange))))

Edited by GRIFF

On 4/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, GRIFF said:

Are these final requirements (actually comp page shows coppermine 128/256 and no cooling requirement)? I mean, air (>10C) and 66-mhz coppermine cpu?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:53 AM, GRIFF said:

Radeon 9100 need only for 3D benchmarks of 1° and 2° round. For fist 3 stages you can use any type of 3D graphics card.

Strange))))

You've got five stages ;)

Also where do you find Coppermine-256 cored Celerons? or is that what the BIOS thinks it is when you run Coppermine PIII at 66MHz FSB :)

Surely a youtube video should be optional or be able to be produced on request?

Anyway good on you @GRIFF for coming up with the comp. I'll have a better chance to have a go at Round 2 with s462 unless the chipset limitations are too restrictive :P

Cheers

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cbjaust said:

You've got five stages ;)

Yes. My error.

Also where do you find Coppermine-256 cored Celerons? or is that what the BIOS thinks it is when you run Coppermine PIII at 66MHz FSB :)

Error of limitation on hwbot page.

Surely a youtube video should be optional or be able to be produced on request?

Video is mandatory.

Anyway good on you @GRIFF for coming up with the comp.

Thank you.

I'll have a better chance to have a go at Round 2 with s462 unless the chipset limitations are too restrictive :P

Anyway you need good cpu and ability of change registers of chipset and AGP bus. This ability need for superpi 32M, SDR sdram max Freq and 3DMark 01 stages.

23 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

What are requirements for video? What should be there - one presses run, camera then flows to show mobo and thermometer and then back to the display to see the result?

Video must be contain 2-3 sec before finish of the benchmark and your rig for verification of used cooling with thermometer of ambient temperature.

Introducing the video request is an experiment, it was never requested before. But it is only possible to eliminate 100% of all types of cheats. I know it may seem exaggerated. I did some video tests and once I got used to it, it became a pretty simple thing. Major difficulty with long tests like super 32m which lasts more than 1 hour. I put the alarm that sounded 5 minutes before the end of the bench and I could do more and 5 minutes before I started recording the video on my mobile.