HWBOT Community Forums

The official GRIFF Old School Cup Round 1 thread.

GRIFF

Griff, do you think we can eliminate the video unless there is a discrepancy? I mean, your hardware limitations by themselves will limit your competition to only a handful of overclockers to start with, and we all know who each other is already. Do you really expect any foul play enough to warrant a vid right upfront?

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 1

Even if i had or could obtain the necessary hardware at reasonable cost, I think the added hassle of futzing around with recording a video of every potential result would rule me out. A one off video to verify a result is one thing but making a video every run is just too much to ask.

• Like 2

These cpus are quite easy - the edge of stability for these is quite easy to find so once you will find it you can make video. It is very unlikely you can get result beyond that edge to have multiple attempts to record video.

@GRIFF, suggestion. Would it be possible to change 9100 to 9550 or 9200/9250 (which are almost 10 times more popular)? We have only 125 subs with 9100 @hwbot, which indicates 9100 is relatevely rare card. Anyway, most likely I won't be benching 3d even if 9550 is allowed but that may become an entry ticket for many other ocers.

Edited by TerraRaptor

On 4/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, TerraRaptor said:

These cpus are quite easy - the edge of stability for these is quite easy to find so once you will find it you can make video. It is very unlikely you can get result beyond that edge to have multiple attempts to record video.

@GRIFF, suggestion. Would it be possible to change 9100 to 9550 or 9200/9250 (which are almost 10 times more popular)? We have only 125 subs with 9100 @hwbot, which indicates 9100 is relatevely rare card. Anyway, most likely I won't be benching 3d even if 9550 is allowed but that may become an entry ticket for many other ocers.

totally agree!

it's hard to find 9100 in Ukraine

i think use 9200/9550/9600 it's really good idea))

On 4/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, Mr.Scott said:

Griff, do you think we can eliminate the video unless there is a discrepancy? I mean, your hardware limitations by themselves will limit your competition to only a handful of overclockers to start with, and we all know who each other is already. Do you really expect any foul play enough to warrant a vid right upfront?

I wanted to experience this kind of verification. It could only apply to the first 3 results. and give 1-3% tolerance.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:15 AM, cbjaust said:

Even if i had or could obtain the necessary hardware at reasonable cost, I think the added hassle of futzing around with recording a video of every potential result would rule me out. A one off video to verify a result is one thing but making a video every run is just too much to ask.

you are right you could only request at the end with a tolerance of 3% as you use for other types of checks.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:59 AM, TerraRaptor said:

@GRIFF, suggestion. Would it be possible to change 9100 to 9550 or 9200/9250 

I'm sorry, but the choice is made. And my mistake but we leave it in the respect of those who are already preparing for the competition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Neyasit said:

totally agree!

it's hard to find 9100 in Ukraine

i think use 9200/9550/9600 it's really good idea))

https://hwbot.org/submission/3398203_onisa_3dmark2001_se_radeon_92009250_(agp_8x_128bit)_12479_marks

https://hwbot.org/submission/2362637_stermy57_3dmark2001_se_radeon_9550_24631_marks

I didn't choose 9200/9250 for this))). 9550 also.