HWBOT Community Forums

A new year and another new rule

cbjaust

I feel like there needs to be some exceptions allowed, such as scenarios where no internet connections are enabled, and in local machines, just to gain every inch of performance, because with the windows time going, it can push our results a point or two off. For that reason I ask for extreme overclocking to be given lenience because this is a little too harsh. Thanks for being a wonderful community, and happy benching!

I don't want to justify his actions, but this case I feel is mostly "don't kill the messenger" rather than bashing him for lack of a sportsmanship.

If it was not him, there would be others. In some way it is better that it popped up so early in the year. Maybe that was his goal, I don't know.

Moreover, Alby wrote that this was a known issue, which the staff hoped(?) won't be exploited.

This makes things a lot harder for "Magical USB" guys, but maybe we will now see what they are holding as backups, which is a positive thing :D

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• Crew

The current code is linked to any sub made to see who's active in benching yes or no. We have made these arguments when discussing the current format would never work . Me and Websmile for sure talked to Frederik about e.g. _12_ and Splave's 1TB Backup sub USBs or about the act that we witnessed yesterday and even it happens today: people just deleting their old subs and resubmit it to boost seasonal ranking...

Edited by Leeghoofd

I just went through some submissions, some forum threads. And I must tell You all it's getting unfunny for Enthusiasts: Ice Bucket Challenge vs Winter Is Coming :) CPUs / GPUs with ambient below 18*C. Cut dates, same scores as there were before. I think Benchmate will have to be demanded due to this whole crappy behavior for whole Enthusiast scores. Really. I bought water cooling for RTX cards, and after today's reading HWBOT submissions I just do not really see how using it in ambient 24*C might give me any good scores against people who uses buckets of ice and water or are sitting in jackets with all windows open to get ambient or even almost 0 because it's winter... Damn, that's so depressing and discouraging.

24 minutes ago, ADVenturePO said:

I just went through some submissions, some forum threads. And I must tell You all it's getting unfunny for Enthusiasts: Ice Bucket Challenge vs Winter Is Coming :) CPUs / GPUs with ambient below 18*C. Cut dates, same scores as there were before. I think Benchmate will have to be demanded due to this whole crappy behavior for whole Enthusiast scores. Really. I bought water cooling for RTX cards, and after today's reading HWBOT submissions I just do not really see how using it in ambient 24*C might give me any good scores against people who uses buckets of ice and water or are sitting in jackets with all windows open to get ambient or even almost 0 because it's winter... Damn, that's so depressing and discouraging.

Welcome to the world of enthusiast. 

I went through that, and I’m in an area that is usually over 10deg for 95% of the year, with usual daily temps between 25-38 for the rest of the year. 

if you feel that way now, you have 2 options, get good at cheating the system, or if you have any ethics, move to apprentice and don’t give any more care or attention to enthusiast. 

unless there is a field to fill out for ambient temperature for every submission, nothing will change and the database will forever be skewed by these results. 

Dear @Karta Thanks for a reply. Well I just don't like cheaters and so I don't want to become one. And as for Apprentice - I don't have more space, I cannot take more that I've already taken. Also playing with LN2 or LHe when kids are running around is not a good idea. I'll stay where I am. I'll just release a pressure on the result. Oh, and I like Enthusiasts as this is much more persistent outcome. Believe it or not - I'm taking some staff out off closet, put it on a benchtable, loading a profile (usually sitting there in BIOS), regulate the different part (GPU, RAM) and voila = there it is again. I'm working like 12-14h per day so Apprentice or Extreme is not for me. Cheers.

• Crew
3 minutes ago, ADVenturePO said:

Believe it or not - I'm taking some staff out off closet, put it on a benchtable, loading a profile (usually sitting there in BIOS), regulate the different part (GPU, RAM) and voila = there it is again. I'm working like 12-14h per day so Apprentice or Extreme is not for me. Cheers.

you don't put the Staff in any closet nor on any benchtable dude, that's a no go too ?

I suppose that Seasonal Ranking exists only for HWBOT's statistics.

To see the true number of participants for a year.

Other than that, I sincerely can't see any importance at all in Seasonal Ranking.

Career  ranking yes, Team Ranking - DEFINITELY YES.

Edited by Fasttrack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KaRtA said:

Welcome to the world of enthusiast. 

I went through that, and I’m in an area that is usually over 10deg for 95% of the year, with usual daily temps between 25-38 for the rest of the year. 

if you feel that way now, you have 2 options, get good at cheating the system, or if you have any ethics, move to apprentice and don’t give any more care or attention to enthusiast. 

unless there is a field to fill out for ambient temperature for every submission, nothing will change and the database will forever be skewed by these results. 

I use Tap to drain liquid cooling with a water delta that's usually under 10c all year round. 

I'm honest and make submissions under the "chilled" category.... as it should be....

However, I do run a TEC sometimes and haven't a cooling category for submitting, so I think the last time I did it, posted it as stock on an air cooler. 

WELL I LIED!!!! HAHAHAA...... But I'm already extreme league. Should it matter then??

The Athlon 220gewas done with a TEC for cpu-z and was running roughly -15c with some idle temps as low or lower than -30c.

I've asked before about a category for TECs so I can submit properly, but am forced to LIE about it unintentionally. 

Yes.... I use TECs. Help me help you help others help HWBot get it straightened out. ?

EDIT: That's TEC to Cpu.... Not TEC chilling water FTWs.

Edited by ShrimpBrime

Guest Nitro35
Forgive my question under xp I only have the time that is displayed from memory cpu z does not always indicate the reality. Maybe it's me or a lack of knowledge.

• Crew

From 08/01/2020 HWBot will invoke the below: 

New 2020 scores: a full size verification screen (meaning no cropping), mandatory usage of CPU-Z 1.91 or Legacy CPU-Z (or more recent). Exception: on old legacy platforms (Socket A and variants ) older CPUZ versions are still allowed. If unsure crosscheck with the moderators

Submitting Backup scores: No edit of older score is allowed. The newly submitted backup score must be higher than the old score. Always mention in the comments box that it’s a backup score: e.g. “backup score found on Websmile's USB dongle”

In case of Resubmitting old scores and this being picked up by moderators or anyone of the community this act could result in a temporary ban or complete removal of your account.

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1