HWBOT Community Forums

Record with the RX 6800XT critics

SaPpHiReFlAmEs99

• Crew

Probably some nvidia fanboys, doesn't matter as we just use whatever jields the best score... In general the wind has turned from nVIDIA plus Intel to full AMD. Next year might be totally different again. AMD really has created some good /processors and videocards with great performance at an acceptable power draw. nVIDIA and Intel are  pushing the last performance out of their tech, but power consumption is high... so something great and better needs to be readied.

• Like 2

• Crew

IMO it was never a good idea to allow disabling tess. It made a lot scores not comparable to the real world. I also dont see how you can call it tweaking if you simply disable a feature via one click. Its not like 3dm01 where you have to find the best value for each scene. I hope next benchmark from FM simply refuses to run if tess got disabled.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Strunkenbold said:

IMO it was never a good idea to allow disabling tess. It made a lot scores not comparable to the real world. I also dont see how you can call it tweaking if you simply disable a feature via one click. Its not like 3dm01 where you have to find the best value for each scene. I hope next benchmark from FM simply refuses to run if tess got disabled.

I've always understood it as being allowed because it used to not be detectable so can't make new scores compete with old scores that may've had it. Timespy and newer you already cannot disable tess as it was always detectable during the life span of Timespy. 

All I can say to those guys is bring it.....
I'd seriously doubt any of them could beat the majority here with the same card and setup anyway.

As we say about American football when we use the term "Armchair Quarterback" - Easy to criticize things, plays called and so on watching the game but if IN the game, they'd fail gloriously.

• Like 2

• Crew
On 11/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, yosarianilives said:

I've always understood it as being allowed because it used to not be detectable so can't make new scores compete with old scores that may've had it. Timespy and newer you already cannot disable tess as it was always detectable during the life span of Timespy. 

Yes thats right, although Im not sure if Timespy uses Tess at all? You can run timespy with disabled tess but vali will be invalid and score doesnt change at all.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Strunkenbold said:

Yes thats right, although Im not sure if Timespy uses Tess at all? You can run timespy with disabled tess but vali will be invalid and score doesnt change at all.

A user here (who shall not be named) put up quite a few Tess Off Timespy scores here a while ago and they were much higher than Tess On!