HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Hondacity can't make it, his team is being replaced by the runner up of the LOC Americas class, Gunslinger. He'll team up with Cpt. Planet.

GRAND FINAL INFO

- Qualification: Combination of online qualification and live finals

- Final: October 6-9th, NTU Sport Center Taipei, Taiwan

- Link: http://www.msi-moa.com/

- Judge: GiorgioPrimo

- Participants:

--- 12x Live qualifier: Romdominance/Splave (USA), Patch/Dentlord (USA), G H Z/Gautam (USA), Monstru/Matose (RO), Stelaras/Aristidis (GR), Slamms/Smoke (RU), Elmor/ME4ME (SE), BenchBros (DE), Cal930/Gyrock (JP), Oc_windforce/Littleboy (KR), Deanzo/Uncle.Fester (NZ/AU), Zolkorn/Audigy (TH)

--- 3x Online qualifier: Gunslinger/Cpt. Planet (USA), SuicidePhoenix/Kurbel (DE), IRIS/Coldest (ID), Perica_barii/Quake (ME)

Other overclockers attending this event as press or audience: Booj, Lucky_n00b, Mean Machine, Massman, Micutzu, NeoForce, Pastelidis, Xyala

Arrival times

02/10 - 20h10: Gunslinger

05/10 - 06h00: Booj

06/10 - 05h30: Patch, Splave, Gautam, Cpt. Planet

06/10 - 06h25: Kurbel, SuicidePhoenix, ME4ME

06/10 - 10h00: Mean Machine

06/10 - 10h15: Massman

06/10 - 15h25: Slamms, Smoke, Neoforce

06/10 - 15h45: Cal930, Gyrock

06/10 - 17h10: BenchBros

06/10 - 18h15: Pastelidis, Aristidis, Stelaras

06/10 - 21h00: Matose, Monstru, Micutzu Perica_barii, Quake

06/10 - 21h20: OC_Windforce, Little_boy

N/A: Elmor, Xyala

Departure times

08/10 - 18h10: BenchBros

08/10 - 18h45: OC_Windforce, Little_boy

09/10 - 09h50: Gunslinger

09/10 - 13h25: Cal930, Gyrock

09/10 - 18h00: Booj

09/10 - 19h30: Matose, Monstru, Micutzu Perica_barii, Quake

11/10 - 23h10: Patch, Splave, Cpt. Planet

11/10 - 23h15: ME4ME

12/10 - Stelaras, Aristidis

14/10 - 23h15: Kurbel, SuicidePhoenix

18/10 - Mean_machine

19/10 - 21h00: Massman

N/A: Elmor, Xyala

Pre-binned CPU's. 2 of them?

32m with 50 multi?

3d01 AND 3d11?

XP and Win 7 where appropriate?

An actual effort to try to limit the competition to the provided hardware?

Earned competition slots instead of invites?

Even with the best CPU and GPU, nobody's winning this competition without a little skill.

Personally, I'm satisfied.

Looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't yet met.

I will take the part of pre binned cpu's with a grain of salt as they said the same thing at MOA APAC and there were 4 chips that could not even do 5.2ghz with others doing 5.5 plus , there was definatly no binning.

As for arrival times i will be in taipei on 5/10 AT 1330PM, leaving on the 9/10 at 1830pm

Edited by uncle fester

I will take the part of pre binned cpu's with a grain of salt as they said the same thing at MOA APAC and there were 4 chips that could not even do 5.2ghz with others doing 5.5 plus , there was definatly no binning.

As for arrival times i will be in taipei on 5/10 AT 1330PM, leaving on the 9/10 at 1830pm

Difference is that nobody said the APAC CPUs were binned though.

ah, so you finnaly recieved motherboard and VGA? great news :)

If LED is blinking, then something's wrong with the primary bios.

It needs to reflash itself from the secondary bios, but im not sure how that's triggered.

Try power down, clear cmos and power up again, and do nothing. Hopefully the flashing progress starts automatically :)

With P67 Marshall both bios rom's got screwed up for me... contacted MSI about it, but in the end there was no solution and i got to trow away the board :P

Edited by ME4ME

how to set another BIOS chip? my MB work only v18.2 BIOS and can not update BIOS, also work LED indication dual BIOS. WTF?

http://www.filedropper.com/contestbiosflash

Put files on flash drive

Boot to dos

Type:

AFUDE238.EXE E7672IMS.T01

Then wait ;)

Had to do this to my secondary bios because it wasnt the same as the contest bios so first time I failed OC if backed it up with the non conest bios

Yes they did, MSI told us the cpu were all binned, they said same thing to tim marshall the judge in APAC.

The only thing i want to tell you all is that, all the CPU did were all binned and also i have all testing record on hand, If you would like know who help us to do that, Please have a PM to me , I don't know why you never trust it. feel disappointed.......

why do feel disspointed patrick ?? I have only told the truth. you told us all cpu were binned , when myself and deanzo cpu could not do over 5.2 and team indo could not even do 5.2. yet team china cpu could do 5.5. these are facts, I see no reason why you should be upset or dissapointed I am not, we made finals with bad cpu. hahaha

sorry if I dissapoint you.

Edited by uncle fester

why do feel disspointed patrick ?? I have only told the truth. you told us all cpu were binned , when myself and deanzo cpu could not do over 5.2 and team indo could not even do 5.2. yet team china cpu could do 5.5. these are facts, I see no reason why you should be upset or dissapointed I am not, we made finals with bad cpu. hahaha

Cause those CPU did been binned, that should be quite similar as what I think , maybe i do care about that for fairness of competition too much. :P anyway....enjoy the competition next week for all contestants :)