HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Challengers 2021 Round 1 Thread:

Leeghoofd

• Crew

Everything is configured to start the Challengers for 2021. Again 9 Divisions, removed one of the older Intel legacies for a a Classic division with hardware dating from that same era.

Round 1 as previous year focussing on 2D only

Round 2 will be with focus on 3D Benchmarks

Round 3 will be the mix of both 2D and 3D.

Competition Schedule is from 15th of February till the 15th of March.

Links to the 9 classes:

Division 1 Challengers 2021 Round 1

Division 2 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - 8 Cores

Division 3 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - 6 Cores

Division 4 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - 4 Cores

Division 5 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - 2 Cores

Division 6 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - AMD Legacy

Division 7 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - Intel Legacy

Division 8 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - LGA771/775

Division 9 Challengers 2021 Round 1 - Classic Platforms

Competition background will follow shortly, DaQuteness is working hard on it!

• Like 6

• Leeghoofd changed the title to The Official Challengers 2021 Round 1 Thread:

Trying to submit PYPrime 2b file.

CPU is 2600k, 2 cores 4 threads. What I am doing wrong? Should HT be disabled?

Or I can not use 4 core CPU with 2 core disabled?

your submission is incorrect

* USE 2 PROCESSOR CORE(S) IN TOTAL. - YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT COMPLY TO THIS RULE

Edited by E-mil

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 5:38 PM, nokiie said:

pyprime not good for ryzen ?

It depends, Zen3 and Comet Lake are basically on par (architecture wise), the main problem there is that most of these AMD CPUs are limited to about 4000MHz on the ram (because of infinity fabric limitations), sure, you can get it higher, but that will increase latency which will seriously hinder performance; your main avenue for increasing performance is tightening the timings and overclocking the CPU itself.

Older zen based architectures don't do as well, this is mainly due to the relatively high memory access latency and the lower maximum infinity fabric clock, this is also the reason I think Rocket Lake won't be as fast as Comet Lake and zen3 in this benchmark.

I hope this helped! :)

Edited by Monabuntur
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Monabuntur said:

It depends, Zen3 and Comet Lake are basically on par (architecture wise), the main problem there is that most of these AMD CPUs are limited to about 4000MHz on the ram (because of infinity fabric limitations), sure, you can get it higher, but that will increase latency which will seriously hinder performance; your main avenue for increasing performance is tightening the timings and overclocking the CPU itself.

Older zen based architectures don't do as well, this is mainly due to the relatively high memory access latency and the lower maximum infinity fabric clock, this is also the reason I think Rocket Lake won't be as fast as Comet Lake and zen3 in this benchmark.

I hope this helped! :)

i see but in effecieny its too hard to achieve under 13second (im joinning Challenger Div 4 4Core) lose to ddr3 performance  :(