HWBOT Community Forums

The official CORSAIR DDR4 OC OPEN thread

Leeghoofd

On 8/10/2021 at 12:16 AM, Leeghoofd said:

Olympic principle peeps, submit in all 3 stages and you are already in for the lucky draw raffle...

Yes as long as it is a DDR4 platform sporting Corsair memory sticks you are fine ( no ES hardware/bios ), but you must use the SAME platform in all 3 stages.

So, hypothetically speaking, if over the course of the three stages, an Intel platform is more optimal for one stage, and an AMD platform is more optimal for another, to be eligible for any of the overall prizes (the 1st through 5th place ones), a participant must pick either Intel or AMD to use for all three stages? And then, hypothetically, would that also mean that you must stick with either a desktop/main stream platform for all three stages, and you can't use a desktop platform (e.g. z490) system for one stage, but then a HEDT platform (e.g. X299) for another stage? I just wanted to clarify the "All participants have to use the same platform for all 3 stages" limitation regarding whether "platform" means more like "Intel platform" or "AMD platform" or if more specifically means "the same specific motherboard with one specific CPU".

And related, for the lucky draw raffle, there would be no such restrictions, just as long as you entered something in each of the three stages, or again, is it that same restriction as what would be used above?

And, just checking in advance, but does the same set of DDR4 have to be used for all three stages as well? I'm not sure if it would necessarily come into play, but if perhaps a 2x4GB kit of Corsair memory worked best for one stage, but a different 2x8GB kit of Corsair memory worked better for another stage, would using the two different kits for different stages be allowed, or would it then disqualify you for those overall 1st through 5th places?

• Like 1

• Crew

Yes you decide from the first stage which platform you will use for all 3 stages... this goes for all participants...

For the memory as long as it is Corsair memory you can change, but not from Intel to AMD or X299 to LGA1200, if you change from E-die to B-die it's Corsair related

• Like 2

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Just one last one, but once you pick a platform, can you change CPUs on the one mobo, or is that considered part of the base platform? Basically, the only changeable part across stages would be the RAM (or other unrelated parts, like maybe a PSU for whatever reason)?

I'm shocked by the CPU restriction, when it said "same platform" I viewed that, as anyone would, to mean socket or maybe chipset.  People talk about "all the CPUs on XXXXXX platform" all the time.

Please can you announce all the stages ASAP so I know if I have to return my 5600G for a 5700G to be competitive, I was all in on this comp and bought a lot of hardware as well as encouraging others to compete, pretty unhappy to have what's effectively a new restriction dropped only a few days before.

• Like 2

• Crew

Corsair Stage 1:  AIDA64 Read Bandwidth

Corsair Stage 1 package in download (file at the bottom of the post) or https://www.mediafire.com/file/sdk7xw7y3njdbtu/Stage1.rar/file

Official Corsair Compo background

HWBOT_OC_CORSAIRSTAGE1.jpg

I still need to update some links & change stage titles, but the admin page is down :( But you can already start with prepping stuff...

CorsairStage1.rar

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Hi Alby - couple of questions…

a) 1 SPD tab or 2 for screenshots?

b) does “same platform” apply to the memory also? Or we can use different kits for different benches?

thanks for clarifying, and thanks for all the work to prepare - comp is awesome ?

• Crew
31 minutes ago, bob(nz) said:

Hi Alby - couple of questions…

a) 1 SPD tab or 2 for screenshots?

b) does “same platform” apply to the memory also? Or we can use different kits for different benches?

thanks for clarifying, and thanks for all the work to prepare - comp is awesome ?

A) 1 SPD tab is enough, we have CPUZ validation for Stages 1 & 2, BM for stage 3

B) Only valid for CPU and motherboard

• Like 2

• Crew

Don't forget the CPUZ link people!!!

Stage 1: AIDA64 Read Bandwidth (OPEN)

• Use version AIDA64 Extreme from the compo package with key: RWN9Y-MUBDB-8L1WQ-7D2P1-Y87C8
  • Dual Channel Submissions only.
  • Screenshot with CORSAIR desktop wallpaper as background; AIDA64 score, CPU-Z 1.96.1 CPU tabs for Processor, Memory and SPD.
  • CPUZ 1.96.1 or newer Validation link is required, registered on your HWBOT username
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1