HWBOT Community Forums

The day PSC took over from Hyper (Flare beats GTX2) ...

Massman

the problem is its still showing a PSC ram kit beating the best ram kit there is and everyone knows thats not the case :D

all i know is if i had a choice in a competition which ram kit to use where we;ve traditionally had superpi id be sticking to GTX2 all day long and im sure everyone else would with half a brain

with limited production and zero sandy bridge hypers sold, and increasing number of sandybridge psc rams being bought/sold. results are eventual....

supply and demand....

Supply and demand play no role in that last chart.

I'm taking the overclocking results from all the SuperPI-32M results (so not just sandy bridge) to determine the real-life overclocking capabilities of each memory kit. Then I apply the platform scaling variables as determined by a Sandy Bridge in SuperPI-32M, meaning the actual scaling of memory tuning in SPI-32M on Sandy Bridge. The problems with Hyper on Sandy Bridge platform has no effect on that last chart. I've also filtered out all the bogus results.

Seems like people can't handle the truth :D

How about the following competition:

Stage 1: Superpi 32m w/Elpida Hyper

Stage 2: Superpi 32m w/PSC

CPU frequency limits should be discussed, so they dont fit perfectly to one type, and not the other.:)

THIS ^

ive seen a lot of submissions on hwbot with gtx2 that were something stupid like 800mhz 8-8-8

could someone upload the spd from the Flare ?

I got 2 kits with RipjawsX so i can compare with same timings :)

Here you go:

[ATTACH]925[/ATTACH]

They're rated (and run) better than their SPD, at DDR3-2000 / 7-9-7-24. Had them as far as DDR3-2111 without even trying - no voltage increase and on AM3. Methinks they have plenty more, I just haven't had time to play with them.

@hokie, pretty sure he meant the spd files not a screen shot. Could get that off of newegg.

SPDTool doesn't work on this system. Took a shot in the dark with EVGA's tool and came up empty. Thus, stupid question time: Anybody know where I'd get an SPD dump program that works on a Crosshair IV Formula?

To try and be a little more useful, attached is what the CPUz dump says about the SPD, which offers a bit more detail than in my other post.

SPDTool doesn't work on this system. Took a shot in the dark with EVGA's tool and came up empty. Thus, stupid question time: Anybody know where I'd get an SPD dump program that works on a Crosshair IV Formula?

To try and be a little more useful, attached is what the CPUz dump says about the SPD, which offers a bit more detail than in my other post.

spdtool.exe only works on 32bit broskis

still got that spare drive with xp on it?

lol the feedback procedure working like a charm hahhaha

He brought it on himself :P

Go ahead and post x58 and AM3 "estimations" with the new revised formula massman :)

Tried typhoon burner hokie? Can't remember if you have to pay for the full version to dump the spd or not. Not that I care because all psc = crap :)

THIS ^

ive seen a lot of submissions on hwbot with gtx2 that were something stupid like 800mhz 8-8-8

Actually, the standard deviation of the Dominator GTX2 is lower than the standard deviation of the Flare. Meaning, what you just sait about GTX2 happens 1,xx times more with Flare.

• Crew
I've seen a lot of submissions on hwbot with gtx2 that were something stupid like 800mhz 8-8-8

Those people should be put away :D

As far as DDR3-2111[/url] without even trying - no voltage increase and on AM3. Methinks they have plenty more, I just haven't had time to play with them.

My kit does 2200 CL7-9-7-25 1T at 1.65Vdimm on AM3. On AMD the hypers spank the PSC's hard once you cranck up the speeds. Sadly never got my GTX2 kit stable at acceptable volts (Yes Brian not even at 1.75Vdimm :P) to test 2000Mhz clocks...

On P67 2133 CL6-9-6 will be pretty close match compared to 7-7-7 Hyper performance... as P67 prefers speed over timings...

And not all GTX2 kits are screamers :P so what you see at your place ( like M Beiers 3.6Vdimm specced kit ) That doesn't happen at all with my rams...

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

I've submitted more than sufficient results with average timings with the Flares and even then they come out on top...

Time to face the music !! you got stiff competition by a 4GB kit, that costs far less then one individual GTX2 dimm...:eek:

Edited by Leeghoofd

I'm sure if I went back and labeled all my results other than corsair or gskill it would sway your charts ;)

I have never bothered using model in submissions.

In all my testing PSC is always 2 secs behind......

That however doesn't change the fact that if the system in question was a daily rig I would without a doubt choose the flare.

Effeciency can be measured in dollars to :)

For instance my single 2500K purchase and a 5500 chip = effeciency.

Mine and msimax's pooling money together for 18+ chips for a 5600 and 5700 2600K chip = sucks monkeyballs.

Same can be said about $159 total set of ram versus a $400 set if we are talking 2x4gig.

Edit, BTW where did all the flares go ?

Edited by chew*

• 1 month later...

formula.png

where:

HWBmqi = HWBOT memory quality indication

a, b, c = platform specific scaling parameters

Fr, CLr, TRCDr = reference values for memory frequency, cas latency and rcd timing

Fo, CLo, TRCDo = operating values you set for the memory

For Sandy Bridge SuperPI-32M, the scaling parameters are:

a = 3,28

b = 2,09

c = 1

For Sandy Bridge, that means there are settings give approx this performance:

rating.png