HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

we wont be mad if it pushed back...but we want it to be fair..........

It's now 'fair' too ... the rules apply to everyone.

Some sort of compromise could be to allow older scores with no pictures that are "slow enough" that any other cooling than air/water is highly unlikely. Like, if you bench a 5GHz+ wolfdale on air, you'd need a picture, but not if it was at 4.5GHz (which is nearly always doable on air).

We can't risk having subzero results in the Enthusiast league if you ask me.

Nice in theory, but how can we do this automatically? We can't define "slow enough" so it applies to all categories.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh; I thought all results up to now would be grandfathered. Seems illogical to require photographs of all past submissions at this point. Some people that bench exclusively air and water have been doing so for years (i.e. not everyone eventually moves cold) and the hardware is loooong gone. It wouldn't make any sense to require photos at this point, though it does make perfect sense to require them from rev. 4 inception on out.

richba5tard, is it possible to just set an argument "if date = after {date rev.4 goes live} then require photo for enthusiast league"? I'm no programmer, but if that can be translated into actual programming language, it might be a relatively painless fix?

Technically, you don't need pictures with all your submissions. Just the top-15 global and top-20 hardware.

Does it mean top-15 global and top-20 hardware for my account?? So, the most awared submissions.

What about the kind of picture?? Whole system, only the card for 3D, only the processor for 2D??

Bye!

Does it mean top-15 global and top-20 hardware for my account?? So, the most awared submissions.

What about the kind of picture?? Whole system, only the card for 3D, only the processor for 2D??

Bye!

- yes :)

- system picture (so it shows air / water cooling)

It's now 'fair' too ... the rules apply to everyone.

Nice in theory, but how can we do this automatically? We can't define "slow enough" so it applies to all categories.

The good thing about air/water is that the multiplier doesnt matter that much, so it's possible to set some sort of limit for similar CPUs (like 5GHz for E8xxx, 4.7GHz for Nehalem based CPUs etc). We'd just have to agree on something in each case I think.

@MAssman

Is it not a possible and better solution that the new pic rule are only for the new scores? I know that is only for the top-15 global and top-20 hardware. Maybe as a deadline. Like first of june or the new bot is on?

Something other. @ the beta server I have no points in the EOL. I´m ranked at pos. 11102 and was ranked at pos. 1818. Is this a bug@ beta or a feature?

greetz

I hate hacks & workarounds in the code.

You do not have to update every single submission you made in the past, just a few of your best hw submissions and you're ready for rev4 enthusiast league.

I understand the reasoning, and would be able to do it myself in a heartbeat (I take way too many photos), but worry about those that don't. For instance, I did have a 5GHz E8400 validation on air, but if I wasn't crazy with the camera, I could never document it with a photo because that hardware is long gone.

Anyway, I'll butt out of this one, I'm in XoL and am quite happy with the new revision. Thank you, by the way, for all your hard work on this. It's obvious you put a massive amount of time in it and it looks great.

EDIT - Whew, whatever changed in this most recent version, I lost about thirty points. Ouch!

Edited by hokiealumnus

@MAssman

Is it not a possible and better solution that the new pic rule are only for the new scores? I know that is only for the top-15 global and top-20 hardware. Maybe as a deadline. Like first of june or the new bot is on?

Something other. @ the beta server I have no points in the EOL. I´m ranked at pos. 11102 and was ranked at pos. 1818. Is this a bug@ beta or a feature?

greetz

OK, I thought you had to have pics for all submissions, and not just top 15/20 - that makes things easier. This is a good suggestion, in a transition period you can have scores without a system picture, but not forever.

If it's hard to write code that allows submissions without pictures to be allowed, maybe it's better to allow a random picture to be uploaded instead. This would have to be the user's responsibility, but it's not that much to ask IMO.

-

- Researching anything now happens through the single search bar in the upper right corner. This one search bar is the combination of all the search bars we now have on the left.

- Benchmarks can be viewed from the 'benchmark' tab now

Still contemplating on this. Should we include them? And if yes, based on the pro oc points, or based on the same 15gl+20hw like the normal league?

Ok, yes, that's a nice feature..the search bar in the upper right. Thanks.

And I see the new benchmarks tab now.

As far as including the pros in the country ranking, I think they should be included, and if they are included they should be ranked using OC league criterion. Otherwise they would be ranked pretty low using the pro points rules.

hehehe. Its not a problem mate, I just have to plug te card on the board I used, I still have everything as I sell nothing. Here my internet is very very slow so to upload a pic for every submissions is a pain. Would be fine to have the pic of the submissions we made when we use one submission to submite a new one like we use the same hardware.

And everybody know that I am the aircooling guy :P

Anyway I will not stay for ever in the EOL, cause I will use LN2 and Cascade this summer.

As for the GHz thing you talked about, I have some 5.5Ghz+ submissions on air so its not possible to set the engine to sort submissions cooling using the frequency.

My rankings dont look right, I have 286 points but i rank way down the list for some reason. I think i may just stick with teh Overclockers league anyways, I do not have pictures of all of my stuff and alot of it has been gone for a while now, i just rotate teh stock so to speak.

Also, what good does a picture do anyways...They can be faked, or not even from your hardware....

Got a question, if I submite my few LN2 results and choose 'Do NOT participate in hwbot rankings'', will I stay in the EOL (even if atm the engine doesn't want me here :D) ?

Or the engine wasn't done for that ?

If no can it be ?

thx

I don't think this works on UAT, but we are planning to add this functionality in final rev4.0.0. : )

I liked it better when, on the individual user's submission page, all the benchmarks were displayed. You could just scroll up and down and see the whole world of your submissions. With REv.4 it's a drop down box to select the benchmark. Meh, I can live with it, I just like seeing everything at once.

+1 on "scroll up and down and see the whole world of your submissions". Drop down box to select the bench is not as good - my druthers.