HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping there'd be a refresh soon, I just threw down some decent older hardware scores and want to see what that got me in rev4.

My goal for myself is top100 at rev4 launch. If the launch takes long enough I might actually make it :P

What's the word on the overall progress Massman?

...., a fixed 2D/3D ratio ....... . But, this is not for Rev4.0!

not in Rev 4.0 and hopefully not in rev4.X ;-)

feedback to the testserver

- where can i see the validation link of a cpu-z submission?

- on the submission page of superpi can you get back to the shema from rev3 for the time, i dont what to convert all score from 1 hour and minutes to seconds. i think []h []m[]. [] is better

- will there be a detailed list for the team awards (team ranking for benchmarks with the best score) like it was in rev2? in rev3 it is just a list where you cannot see which user get ranked for the team or how the team score is

Looking at a few people's profile, I feel as if there should be a limitation of how many submission from a user for same benchmark should be allowed. Like someone who has access to a lot of CPU's(wont take names here) somehow but not much of GPU, can be in Top 10 just because he has best of CPUz records and nothing else. Is this something we want???

Pro OC = ∑ [top-15 (global + wr)]

- OC = ∑ [top-15 (global +wr) + top-20 (hardware)]

- Enthusiast = ∑ [top-15 (global) + top-20 (hardware)] (only results on stock, air or water and with picture of system)

So HW points wont count for Pro OC league. Are you mad about the OC league? Way easier to get globals in 3d anyway. So a 2D master won't instantly be #1 in OC league either.

• Crew

Did you force another recalculation of points on the test server?

One thing I noticed, on the team page it says "My Wall" and "My global cups" on the left, and "MY GLOBAL CUPS", "MY HARDWARE CUPS" and "MY RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS" on the right, is it possible to change that to "OUR ..."? Right now it seems like you're using the same type of page for both personal and team pages.

Edited by Don_Dan

There was an issue with the UAT, I noticed. So I had to rebuild it entirely :(.

Good catch on the team page! The user and team page are pretty similar, so we first made the user page and then transfered the entire page as template for the team page. They are two separate pages, but based on same content. Anyways, added to backlog :).

• Crew

Too bad, I noticed it stopped responding this morning when I got up, it was fine when I went to bed however.

Another thing I noticed on my personal page, it's listing my only score that gets global points ( you know which one! :P ) under "MY GLOBAL CUPS - Currently best scores", and it's also showing a gold cup in front of it. This happens on a few other profiles I checked as well.

Afterall there is no limit there, other than the 1000 pt limit. And hardware points are something which would not move much. So somebody who has just good CPUz/any other submission means he can be in TOP 10. I understand it is not easy to top 20 categories whichever they might be but is every1 ok with the idea that some1 in World Top 10/20 is a master in only 1 benchmark/or just 2D.

Stupid idea sorry but it's direct.

@ massman

it's possible to add a code for the enthusiast league for the ln2, Dice und SS .. submissions?

I mean. If i had Subzero submissions and I'm @ the enthusiast league the score were irgnored, But in Hardware master League und Team league are calculated.

So i can use the enthusiast league, because i'd like to bench 99% with water and air. I can help my team, can count up in the hardware master league with same good ln2 submission. But I don't have to delete all my Ln2 or dive submission for the enthusiast league.

Sorry it#s tricky to discribed it in english.

No, we can't do that. Two reasons:

- Practical: the engine only gives points to your best submission. If you beat your air submission with a score using liquid nitrogen, then you air submission will not receive points or ranking.

- Conceptual: you can't be both enthusiast and extreme, you have to be either. If you use subzero cooling, you are extreme. If you don't use subzero cooling, you are enthusiast. It's 0 or 1, not both.

Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings: it is NOT, and I repeat: NOT, allowed to have two accounts. So if you think 'oh, I will use this one for my enthusiast ranking and the other one for extreme cooling', both accounts will be blocked.

1st and main problem - How to be sure if the result is done on air/water if you have some awesome results? There would always be people who will do some result on DICE/SS and if it's not so good, they'll check "air/water" on the submission and what's the point of EOL then?

You can do best for the community but community will always find some hole in rules and try to gain from it.

Don't think that I don't like the idea, I was thinking of it too but there would be more problems with it than gains.

Edited by Bullet1

1st and main problem - How to be sure if the result is done on air/water if you have some awesome results? There would always be people who will do some result on DICE/SS and if it's not so good, they'll check "air/water" on the submission and what's the point of EOL then?

You can do best for the community but community will always find some hole in rules and try to gain from it.

Don't think that I don't like the idea, I was thinking of it too but there would be more problems with it than gains.

If the awesome air results are mine then nothing odd, if not then it's 100% odd :D:p

No, we can't do that. Two reasons:

- Practical: the engine only gives points to your best submission. If you beat your air submission with a score using liquid nitrogen, then you air submission will not receive points or ranking.

- Conceptual: you can't be both enthusiast and extreme, you have to be either. If you use subzero cooling, you are extreme. If you don't use subzero cooling, you are enthusiast. It's 0 or 1, not both.

Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings: it is NOT, and I repeat: NOT, allowed to have two accounts. So if you think 'oh, I will use this one for my enthusiast ranking and the other one for extreme cooling', both accounts will be blocked.

He can still do LN2/Dice/SS/Cascade and choose to not participate in the ranking for these submissions and stay in the EOL but dunno if the code will be ready for rev4.0 release maybe later

Edited by Christian Ney
chose => choose

He can still do LN2/Dice/SS/Cascade and choose to not participate in the ranking for these submissions and stay in the EOL but dunno if the code will be ready for rev4.0 release maybe later

Yes, but checking the 'do not participate'-button will not help the team.