HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand correctly teams like mine that have benchers who run tons of legacy hardware and hold the top spots will benefit from this. Right?

For sure.

Teams need a solid and widespread foundation. Having dedicated legacy benchers are needed as much as having a few high-end benchers.

Another question in trying to understand rankings. If you have two high scores in AM3 both are single vga scores, say one is a 580 and the other is 5870 score and both are within your top 20 globals, can both count towards your top 20 globals for rankings?

Per ranking, only your best score will receive a rank and points. Eg:

S1: Aquamark 3, 1x GTX580 = 430k

S2: Aquamark 3, 1x HD5870 = 410k

S1 will receive:

- global rank (1x GPU Aquamark 3) + according global points

- hardware rank (1x GTX580 Aquamark 3) + according hardware points

S2 will receive:

- NO global rank (you already have a better score in 1x GPU Aquamark3) and NO points

- hardware ranking (1x HD 5870 Aquamark 3) + according hardware points

In practical terms, this means that S1 can contribute to your top-15 global scores and both S1 and S2 can contribute to the top-20 hardware. S2 will not contribute to the global total, because this score doesn't receive a global rank.

Per ranking, only your best score will receive a rank and points. Eg:

S1: Aquamark 3, 1x GTX580 = 430k

S2: Aquamark 3, 1x HD5870 = 410k

S1 will receive:

- global rank (1x GPU Aquamark 3) + according global points

- hardware rank (1x GTX580 Aquamark 3) + according hardware points

S2 will receive:

- NO global rank (you already have a better score in 1x GPU Aquamark3) and NO points

- hardware ranking (1x HD 5870 Aquamark 3) + according hardware points

In practical terms, this means that S1 can contribute to your top-15 global scores and both S1 and S2 can contribute to the top-20 hardware. S2 will not contribute to the global total, because this score doesn't receive a global rank.

Ok - but what if you have 3dmv 1x, 2x and even 3x vga scores - all in your top 15 (15 not 20 for globals - got it) can all three count towards your ranking?

Is this also true for both wprime's then? How about 1x core, 2x core, ... both wprime32 or 1024?

Per application, there can be different global rankings. Each of those rankings can contribute to those top-15 globals. For instance:

S1: E8600 Wprime 32M (2x CPU)

S2: i7 920 Wprime 32M (4x CPU)

S3: i7 980X Wprime 32M (6x CPU)

S1, S2 and S3 all receive a global rank. Each of those scores can contribute to your top-15 global for the personal ranking.

Per application, there can be different global rankings. Each of those rankings can contribute to those top-15 globals. For instance:

S1: E8600 Wprime 32M (2x CPU)

S2: i7 920 Wprime 32M (4x CPU)

S3: i7 980X Wprime 32M (6x CPU)

S1, S2 and S3 all receive a global rank. Each of those scores can contribute to your top-15 global for the personal ranking.

Also true for multi vga (sli or crossfire)?