Massman

Points for CPU-Z?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Points for CPU-Z?

• Yes. Global and hardware points.
    • Yes. Hardware points only.
    • No. No points at all.
    • Man, I just love voting!

I'd like to see an 8ghz celly submission that was " just cool and press f7". Most require an old/rare mobo with hard mods. Tin pulled the IHS off of his for 8199.

/voted yes yes

//a poll that might hit 200+ votes!

I'd like to see an 8ghz celly submission that was " just cool and press f7". Most require an old/rare mobo with hard mods. Tin pulled the IHS off of his for 8199.

Meh....big deal. You would need those old/rare boards and hardmods to be competitive in any other benchmark anyways. Also, removing IHS's is part of the game, no big deal either. Pretty much all of mine are removed, including the soldered one's. So we're right back to cool it and push F7. The CPU will decide if you get 8 GHz or not.:P

I'm not gonna argue about it. If you think CPU-Z is a skilled bench, so be it. I don't.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Currently, CPUz is more about patience and dedication (of finding a correct batch/PCB on ebay) than about skill (but so are other benchmarks when you figure them out) ... money affects nothing ... if you get $10k, go on ebay and buy everything that's listed, chances are you won't hit 8GHz ;)

Too true...

Actually let me amend that. It takes dedication unless your name is Brian y.

How about a compromise? Points for everyone but him in CPU-Z, since 8ghz chips just fall into his lap and he has no "skill" anyways.

Edited by Gautam

Only 6.40% to go before YES-votes hit 90% and global points stay!

You're joking, right? A change that only a couple of people asked for got implemented, and 83% says they want the change reversed.

If anything, there should be 90% who voted either no boints or HW only before the change was made in the first place.

Massman why you made this poll? I voted yes and I think we have to do another poll about global for AMD record

We initially removed global points for CPU-Z (hardware points still remained) in Revision 4. Since quite a lot of people asked to revise this decision, there's a poll.

Points based on brand (eg: AMD, Nvidia, ...) is not possible. Our algoritm does not support this. With the new Overclockers League implementation, AMD users cán however get high in the league without needed Intel hardware.

Explanation: http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=112200&postcount=137

[x] Global points for CPU-Z

However I like all kind of %-OC rankings, which should be pretty easy to establish (as OC in MHz and CPU default clock frequency data is already there), but I don't think ít should or can replace CPU-Z (MHz) - it's basically another category. Independent from the possibility of gathering points for %-OC I would like to see this because of the database-aspect.

another poll about global for AMD record

Coun't me in for Via, too. Oh, and Cyrix, don't forget those please. What about IDT, Rise and Transmeta, don't we like them? :)

If AMD starts to offer competitive CPUs for benching again, they will be good enough for global records. As long as that doesn't happen hardware points only is fine and a filter option will do the job for everybody who is interested in AMD records IMO. ;)

*preparing for getting flamed* :o

I dont think we need brand based global rankings, just as we dont need one global based ranking for each CPU type (Yorkfield, Nehalem etc). If the performance isn't there... then too bad.

It would be cool to know if the 90% limit is a joke or not. 2/3 of the yes/no votes is alot more reasonable if you ask me:)

Too true...

Actually let me amend that. It takes dedication unless your name is Brian y.

How about a compromise? Points for everyone but him in CPU-Z, since 8ghz chips just fall into his lap and he has no "skill" anyways.

hey now,

one of the three cpu's I tried did suck......definitely a huge accomplishment considering the limited resources. TBH, I was so stressed out after the first dud I almost gave up.:rolleyes:

but don't worry G, I won't annoy you with my highly funded, low skill, vendor supported, CPUz submissions as along as you stay in the enthusiast league:p

You're joking, right? A change that only a couple of people asked for got implemented, and 83% says they want the change reversed.

If anything, there should be 90% who voted either no boints or HW only before the change was made in the first place.

:D

Of course it was. Current UAT builds should already have global points for CPU-Z again.