HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 , keep or remove from hwbot.

chispy

Keep , remove or update the Rules of PCMark05  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Keep , remove or update the Rules of PCMark05

• Keep PCMark05 and the Rules as it is.
    • Keep PCMark05 but make new , improved up to date Rules, whats allowed and whats not.
    • Keep PCMark05 update the Rules as anything and everything goes and remove the 220xp start up cap
    • Remove PCMark05 from hwbot.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said indeed. Proving my point. If the benched scaled with cpu's it would be a legit cpu bench. It dosn't. Steve-Ro scores 10k more than i do on his 2600k and a slower cpu speed. Count the 0's. 10,000. I know it's storage related and tweaked to the max. But 10k?

Edited by [GF]Duke

Duke;152563']Very well said indeed. Proving my point. If the benched scaled with cpu's it would be a legit cpu bench. It dosn't. Steve-Ro scores 10k more than i do on his 2600k and a slower cpu speed. Count the 0's. 10' date='000. I know it's storage related and tweaked to the max. But 10k?[/quote']

If you had my storage and the tweaks that Imog calls out you would trounce my score :)

Edited by SteveRo

Ummm do you have a 2700K? hard to beat my score without one. lol

The arguments of this bench go way back. Back so far that its useless for me to even debate it. It's been debated to death and argued till blue in the face by many veterans of the game. To no avail it still remains.

Edited by [GF]Duke

Great thing never had a coach/teacher with that mindset while growing up.

I didn't mean to offend you, I was making a joke a bit. To be more serious though, I don't think most people have met many coaches from other teams that tell others how to beat their team. I was just sharing some tips anyway, and making a light-hearted comment. :)

Duke;152658']Ummm do you have a 2700K? hard to beat my score without one. lol

No I don't have a 2700k. Globally I haven't made a good quad core submission yet.

I didn't mean to offend you, I was making a joke a bit. To be more serious though, I don't think most people have met many coaches from other teams that tell others how to beat their team. I was just sharing some tips anyway, and making a light-hearted comment. :)

Thanks for the level headed argument, which I completely agree with.

Your previous replies made you sound pretty arrogant (if read on a serious note, :D ), which I really think is not a great trait. But I hope that was not the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats because everyone knows the hacks now. The big runners wanted that, so popularity would grow and globals would be worth more points.

I still want it dead and buried. The bench is not about hardware performance anymore and thats what benching is about.

Edited by [GF]Duke

Duke;157186']Thats because everyone knows the hacks now. The big runners wanted that' date=' so popularity would grow and globals would be worth more points.

I still want it dead and buried. [b']The bench is not about hardware performance anymore and thats what benching is about.[/b]

This part I don't entirely agree with. If we were to run by that logic alone; then all "tweaking" would be disallowed, modded BIOSes would be out, stripped OSs would be gone, volt mods would be out of the question since that really takes the HW "out of spec".

IMO; tweaking is just another skill that a bencher needs to acquire in order to be competitive, but this is not a subject for this thread. :D I do like PCM05 very much; not because it's easy points (since I don't have the HW to take advantage), but because it forces me to learn about OS optimization and other areas of computing in general.... Oh and because I can help my team get better scores. :D

Duke;157186']Thats because everyone knows the hacks now. The big runners wanted that' date=' so popularity would grow and globals would be worth more points.

I still want it dead and buried. The bench is not about hardware performance anymore and thats what benching is about.[/quote']

:celebration:

Duke;157323']Hell might as well allow DATARAM RAMDISK now. What the sense of holding that back?

I wish you were entitled to take your whining to a thread dedicated to that purpose. Only on HWBot is there virtually no thread moderation and regular members are allowed to persistently troll a thread pushing their own agenda, without contributing anything on topic.

If a thread is titled "PCMark sucks get rid of it", I'm going to read it once then probably not look again. If a thread is titled "PCMark05 tweaking thread" I'm going to keep track of its updates.

Every site has its own opinion about what level of moderation is appropriate. HWBot is very laissez-faire, and this is a perfect example why sometimes, in my opinion, it is good to have moderators who are willing to put a boot in someone's ass so that those with a genuine interest in a thread are not trolled constantly.

No offense Duke, but how about starting your own thread instead of using this tweaking and sharing thread as your personal dumping ground. You have an agenda to get rid of PCMark, we get it... Just use your own thread, or another appropriate thread. This thread isn't the place for it is all.

But software ramdisk aren't allowed....

But with all the other tweaks that are out there and allowed it should be. Hell if we're going to allow everything else might as welll allow software ramdisk. The playing field would be even.

IMOG i think you are the one trolling here. My discussion is about the tweaks here in this thread. so No.

Edited by [GF]Duke