HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume all you guys are having this trouble?

aYM9t.jpg

LMAO this is with all 3 bios chips flashed in DOS to 1.4b6, 1.3 official is a million times better

Thanks for pointing that out man,

yes i also got way different voltage between BIOS set and actual voltage. (didn't notice it at first )

Will notify MSI for this and hope they listen..

Edited by Lucky_n00b

XMP enabled or not?

Direct OC button enabled or not?

Testing the MOA combo now, not being able to replicate the specific issues (can replicate others). Running mem over 2400 too.

2400, xmp and oc buttons on, the issues only happens with one of my bios chip (the one active with the switch to the left).

XMP enabled or not?

Direct OC button enabled or not?

Testing the MOA combo now, not being able to replicate the specific issues (can replicate others). Running mem over 2400 too.

Tried both ways, tried all 3 bios chips. Cant really be acceptable to change everything in the OS can it? xD

Anyone tested the 1.4b6 with a 3960X C2 instead of a 3930K C2?

Are you using 3960? and not having any issues?

When I try to up clocks in control center like you suggested, its tells me I need to restart before the settings will take effect...even with change multi enabled in OS setting...

When I try to up clocks in control center like you suggested, its tells me I need to restart before the settings will take effect...even with change multi enabled in OS setting...

have the same issue on X79A-GD65 8D during emea qualifier. so i change all settings in bios.

Have you tried installing Intel ME Driver bro?

For WinXP I believe that we need to install .Net Framework 3.5 as well..

hope it helped

Installed MEI will try reinstalling .net 3.5 lol damn

EDIT: yes installed 3.5 and 4.0 and still getting this issue on both XP and win7 Install...this is using version off the disk, will check if the download section is newer version...

26577693.jpg

Edited by Splave

Hi fellas,

Anybody hear anything from MSI about the fix for 'locked' 1500Mhz memory clock on the 680 Lightning? Or have anyone found the method/utility to change it?(aside from changing the BIOS it is)

I've been contacting them for this but still no reply T_T

Regards :)

I haven't hear any word from them officially. I hope they decide what to do soon, I'll depart already next tuesday, I won't be able to change anything after that. So to me this is the final week before MOA and I want to see at least what I might face there.

I could change things fine in the OS back at the 1.4b6 but it wasn't stable at all. I was reviewing the gtx and I couldn't run all tests at 5ghz... so I got back to 1.3 and had my review written without a single issue... 1.4 seemed to be as good as 1.3, except that i had this difference in one of my bios chips:

MsStup140.jpg

luckily it was just at one of them...

Edit: I found that it is not bios chip related. I reproduced the issue here, but after loading my oc profile the issue is gone... I don't know what combination of settings leads to it...

And about the memory, I don't know about the 8gb kit, but the 16gb 2400c11 works flawless at xmp.

Edited by gnidaol