HWBOT Community Forums

Easy way to be top 10 in Pro League

Looks like don't need to overclock hard to be in top 10

I noticed sometimes don't need to have lots of effort get good scores.

Curious scores can give lots of points, and better, you don't need to overclock hard your system...is just run the benchmark.

You will understand:

15g5com.png

wtd3s6.png

2rz2oo0.png

261gmxu.png

a1o9pe.png

2d9ejgl.png

sbingm.png

whavr.png

ab55yp.png

And many more there

Nice catch to get lots of points easy (honest way, because follow the hwbot rules).

Think about it

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Let's summarize this new thread on again "another much applauded and heralded I want to get a boost in the ranking topic and b i t c h on the whole system itself and to those that make these rules to favour anti overclocking in general" in 3 pictures :

Either do this and just have fun :

just%20do%20it.jpg

If you won't or can't and keep us amusing with these threads. My limited brain resources came up with this : Two options to get quickly rid of your frustrations towards the BOT and it's crew :

Option 1 :

exit.jpg

Or

Option 2 : Press this button plz

power.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd

No!

It,s not direct to someone and the reason of the thread is not to you agree with me POV (once I can not see no one job there);

Nobody I know will be pushed because this results, and I really don't mind with this.

I only found a curious stuff, and noticed that is just to run the benchmark to achive great scores and hwboints.

If you like my topic or no, to me, is the same, because I no matter what you think.

I only bring what I believe can be thinking by the BOT

• Crew

So in the end it leads to what ? This has been the case from day one and with newer revisions most of the rare CPu's and co got far less points...

I wonder what it takes to plz you brazilian overclockers as you seem to be very frustrated with the ways things are being run right now...

And it's time to take a stand and be honest instead of these indirect threads each time... WHAT'S YOUR GOAL ?

I wonder what it takes to plz you brazilian overclockers as you seem to be very frustrated with the ways things are being run right now...

And it's time to take a stand and be honest instead of these indirect threads each time... WHAT'S YOUR GOAL ?

I was going to mention that I knew what camp this thread came from even before I read it. lol

Why you talk about other brazilian overclockers, if the thread was done by me?

Who is the brazilian overclocker that will be helped with this thread?

I really don't know what reason you have to talk about others, without to "flame" the topic.

ATM I only follow hwbot because I like and the reason the post is not "to you" or "to your friends".

I only found that people can easy go to the top with workstations and shared to the forum..

That's only.

I do not like you mean others in my thread please, if you wanna offend me, do it with me, and please do not talk about my country because we have about 500 OCCs that can agree or disagree with me

Edited by sergiorb

• Crew

Because you guys already made so many threads and it's usually always about the same subject :

Why do these scores get so many points ? Why is multi GPU so much rewarded ? So easy to gather points with exclusive hardware. I can't afford this hardware, so this is unfair to me, This hardware is not yet availabe in my country,...

Want me to go on ? Do yourself a favour and look for all threads and comments you, your team, your country has created and try to spot if there's somesort of a trend plz...

Outcome : In the end it all starts to look darn repetitive... the credibility is close to be completely lost...

And I offend noone, and am not even remotely offended by any of the threads. It's just "a trend" that many of us are observing... And if you want to help the BOT, there are other ways then to keep on posting in this similar fashion... as hardly anyone takes it seriously anymore...

Most us react with this : SIGH another thread started... but enjoy yourself...

Edited by Leeghoofd

I really do not understand why you are talking this way about this thread, if this thread don't help nobody in my team, in my country and I do not understand why you are talking about others there are not here and are not belong to this thread.

I simply post one thing "I" think is curious, and "I" told is honest way and easy;

"I" do not tell was fail and do not tell us unfair, and do not tell we have or do not have this kind of hardware, and do not tell I have or I do not have how to get.

This is not about "to have" or to do not have", is only about the title (and I believe you do not need to be tight this way if you disagree thats really easy to compete alone and get about 60 global points only to run benchmark).

You do not need to talk this way, and I do not offernd anyone with this thread.

If you disagree the thread, I understand, but you don't need to FORCE another to think exactly like you.

The thread to me is ended too.

I bring this because I (one me, no more need to be mention because my topic) think is really easy like the post title.

And please sorry my bad englisg

• Crew

Last time to make things clearer : This is how you introduced to us your point of view :

Looks like don't need to overclock hard to be in top 10

I noticed sometimes don't need to have lots of effort get good scores.

Curious scores can give lots of points, and better, you don't need to overclock hard your system...is just run the benchmark.

To me sounds like : if you can afford the hardware you get easy points. No Ocing skills nor tweaking required. Just a big wallet and the right hardware...

Similar topic as discussed a gazillion times in other threads... Doesn't it all sound familiar ?

If that's is not what you meant, then I'm sorry and the language barrier is the cause off all the previous posts... Maybe it's the ways of the internet... or April fools...

I can only talk about my threads, and There are no "gazilion" because i have few posts here.

I really can not afford workstations but where did you see I am against something here?

Its not familiar to me.

I did bring a thread about the achievements and fast agreeded,

I only posted what "I" think is correct.

I just posted things I think, and quite educational.

I was not rude or aggressive with anyone, and I believe in a democratic place where everyone can give their ideas.

Not sure why you reply angry against me.

If for you, just owning a top hardware to be on top of the rankings, I think differently.

Why can not you respect my point of view as I respond politely with you without add others in the discussion without offending, and without trying to impose or force others to think the same way as you.

I'm sure many times, people thinks like me, just as there are people who think same what you say.

• Crew

Mate, it might be the language barrier as expressed before... but this discussion is maybe the result of many discussions in topics at HWbot before. Dealing with expensive hardware, multiple GPU's etc... and most were started by Brazilian OC'ers... Look I don't point a finger at you as maybe your only intention was to highlight what can be done with "special" hardware. But this has been dealt before and heavily discussed. That's why I asked you previously what the aim was of this thread. Never mind it's the ways of the internet, things get drawn out of proportion sometimes...

Thanks to reply politely way.

I only bring this question because I believe that to hold #1 and to earn lots and lots of hwboints (equal people do with lots of effort), to OVERCLOCK the system is needed.

I only bring this question because I can not see 50 Mhz of overclocking (and here still an OVERCLOCKING league).

So, please understand I am not here to fight, but only to show that inside hwbot (OVERCLOCKING league), is possible to hold this achievement without "no one mhz more" at stock cooling, stock frequencies.

I understand and respect your point of view and I hope you understand mine.

That's not question about "kind of hardware people use to get" .... but ... to get without overclock (please, at least a lit bit of Mhz more must be needed).

Nothing against you, and nothing against the rules, and only show a little failure .

I am here alone and don't represent Brazil or other, and no one Brazilian can be benefit or damaged because this results.

Why the hate on the poor fella, he was moved in Pro League because of that hardware, now you're sayin he shouldn't submit because he runs @ stock speeds? Hey, if it runs an OS then it gets benched!

Btw, by your logic we should be removing all notebook cpus since probably less than 5% of the scores are overclocked.

What are you talking about "hate" . I didn´t say nothing about . I only thing that in a Overclocling league , at least you have to overclock your sistem . Regarding the notebooks , I Think there are nothing to change. because notebooks usually can not be overclocked BUT notebooks are not allowed to give you lots and lots of points.

Not sure what you're up to posting my stuff? hey man, if you have a 64 cores hardware infront of you, what you gonna do? if you're a

couch potato and doesn't know about hwbot then you ignore it, right? but if you know bot stuff don't tell me your gonna ignore it also?

that's BS!!!

You need three things to do well:

a) Understand (and be good at) benchmarking

b) Understand how the leagues work

c) Exploit what you have got and can afford

sergiorb, if you can do a), b) and c), then you can get a lot of points

People complain mainly because they do not have b) or c)

A lot of benchmarking is knowledge rather than skill - knowledge to understand where the points are.

You could put a lot of time into a GTX580 and get a few points, or use that money to buy a 4870X2 and get more points. It's up to you how you spend your money and how you use it. If you use it to get hardware that has little competition, that is up to you.

So if you buy obscure hardware that costs a lot, that gets you points

If you buy cheaper hardware but put effort in with cooling, that could also get you points

Just because you do one and someone else does the other does not mean that is a problem. If you think it is a problem, make suggestions rather than point fingers. Perhaps you should read this bug, which was mentioned in another thread about exactly this issue:

http://bugs.hwbot.org/browse/HWBOT-694

As expected, the min_points=60 rule for UGP categories has made it possible to dominate rankings by simply running very obscure hardware.

http://hwbot.org/league/enthusiast

Dead Things is now #1 of the Enthusiast League mainly by hitting the #1 spots in multithreaded benchmarks with his stock clocked single, dual and quad 10-core cpus. That brings 60p x 3 (config) x 3 (benchmarks) for just having the hardware. In these categories, there's almost no competition.

I think we should have implemented the variable min_points from the start. This is suggested by a member and seems good.

- 10pts for a global with 10 or less submissions

- 20pts for 10-20 subs

- 30pts for 20-30 subs

- 40pts for 30-40

- 50pts for 40-50

- 60pts for 51+

If there is something you do not understand, then ask. If there is something you want to change, then suggest!

Nothing agains you @dhenzjhen and nothing agains nobody but I really think is a very easy way to go high.

I am sure if I have the same (with 64 cores), I will bench, but at least to try to improve my Mhz..., but I don't think is correct to earn lots and lots of points without 1 mhz more (no overclocking).

I did not know this thread borandi, thank you to inform me but let me know how is the correct way to suggest, and I will do.

Edited by sergiorb

I don't think is correct to earn lots and lots of points without 1 mhz more (no overclocking).

But sometimes that is not our fault :)

What if.... it was suddenly very cheap and popular to bench systems with 4x CPU? The boards do not allow any OC, but there is still competition :)

The points are only "wrong" while the category is not-so-popular. There has been talking of setting the points limit to a lower level, maybe HWBot will include in 1 or 2 iterations time :)

Yep, just gotta get yourself similar systems, overclock a tiny bit & those points are yours. If dhenzjhen wants them back, he'll have to OC for it.

Simple.

Just gotta get yourself a similar job. Not like he's buying all these rigs to bench them. ;)

FWIW, it doesn't bother me at all, and I think if the points are easy then people should go for them.