HWBOT Community Forums

Easy way to be top 10 in Pro League

I don't think there are any plans on changing this. I fear the change will he horrible, there is a similar "feature" already in the hardware rankings - you barely get any points at all before there are 21 submissions per category. I'd rather have a few categories that are a bit too rewarding than even more where you don't get the points you deserve. I do agree it's not perfect that you can get 60 points just by running a benchmark at stock.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there are any plans on changing this. I fear the change will he horrible, there is a similar "feature" already in the hardware rankings - you barely get any points at all before there are 21 submissions per category. I'd rather have a few categories that are a bit too rewarding than even more where you don't get the points you deserve. I do agree it's not perfect that you can get 60 points just by running a benchmark at stock.

There's a bug logged in the tracker. Massman just posted the other day in reply to my question, letting me know it was not scheduled to be implemented, but its out there.

EDIT: Here's the posts (I asked in a separate thread because the tone of this one felt icky, and I was just interested in what will happen to big globals because its relevant to my spot in the US rankings):

I know there are more important point/ranking issues currently, but I wanted to know if this bug is still planned for implementation:

http://bugs.hwbot.org/browse/HWBOT-694

3 months ago this was referenced here:

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=164573&postcount=31

Not scheduled.

Fyi, we just took on a really, really big HWBOT-related project. That means the development time for the actual site is very limited again. We're looking into the possibility of hiring additional coding force, but that itself isn't so easy either.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

• Crew

LOL seriously? im not sure if you noticed, but the definition of the pro league is to bench lots of stuff no one else has...

as far as im concerned some crazy 48 core servers are nothing compared to some of the hardware people in pro league have access to

if you want fair? go to another league, simple..

good luck to dhenz, i think hes doing a great job

Please can you do an OC guide for the Opteron 6272 in a server board? :) That should clear up some questions.

Ironically, that particular SM board is indeed overclockable using a modded BIOS: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038451753&postcount=1, just not with those particular chips.

*fades back into the crowd*

Edited by Dead Things

• 4 months later...

Don't hate the player, hate the game. He didn't decide to make server boards un-overclockable, he didn't decide that even in a category with only a few submissions, the #1 spot would be worth 60 points.

Go complain about this score because it's an all-out world record and the GPUs are on water: http://hwbot.org/submission/2330095_mtech_unigine_heaven___xtreme_preset_%28dx11%29_4x_radeon_hd_7970_8030.63_dx11_marks

(i'm just picking an example score)

More scores by the prince of stock.

But you should be proud, he's running on air like you in the 'enthusiast' league :P

But he's man enough to go pro, now you should 'man up' and go OC league and stop bitching like a pussy.!

Edited by Dualist

More scores by the prince of stock.

But you should be proud, he's running on air like you in the 'enthusiast' league :P

But he's man enough to go pro, now you should 'man up' and go OC league and stop bunnying like a pussy.!

EPIC !!! :) :) :)

stash-1-4fd565ca0383d.gif

Edited by aramixxx