HWBOT Community Forums

gulftown ES vs Retail

diezel

If nobody manages to get a retail 980X ( on his own, not by somebody who knows someone who knows someone whose cousin works for Intel :P ) that benches Pi1M at 6.3-6.4GHz then I think we might have to exclude the ESs.

p.s. You do know that you can make an E.S. show up as a retail chip, don't ya ;)

How does this compute? How can you suggest to remove ES if there's a way to not show ES ...

Come on man, you're better than misunderstanding what I say.

I'm talking about the very few worthy people in the scene.

I wouldn't mention any names because I'd have to mention all of them, but as an example, I can guarantee you that SF3D would never publish a score obtained with an ES processor as if it was obtained with a retail CPU.

• Crew

Knowing how to use a CPU-Z bug makes full price only if you're going to cheat and half of the price if not. What really is in price - knowledge about how to trace out the fraud result and even more - close a bug.

Might be not so easy as I'm figuring now. :)

If there is a hack of some sort, please pm it to Mass, to keep it out of the public eye.

So if the plan is to remove ES scores.. how are you going to judge the 3D scores without the validation screenshot?

When somemore people start getting retail 980x's this whole crying about es's will go away.

If there is a hack of some sort, please pm it to Mass, to keep it out of the public eye.

Not that I don't trust massman, but why should I show a "hack" to another person.

There are several ways to make an ES look like a retail CPU in every program.

So if the plan is to remove ES scores.. how are you going to judge the 3D scores without the validation screenshot?

First of all, if it was my decision to make, I would make having an online validation/score link ( ORB compare URL ) MANDATORY for every entry, not just the top 20.

Both validations and screenshots can be fiddled with and "cooked" to show whatever a clever ( I said clever, not smart and ethic ) person wants to.

When somemore people start getting retail 980x's this whole crying about es's will go away.

Yeah, the crazy retail I tried today was awesome and I stopped crying...

5790MHz max SuperPi 1M... coldbug at -156C... great CPU :D

Why would you ask Microsoft?

Bench... The coldbugs even on the Q3FE's are quite a pain especially with HT turned off.. I started out with a coldbug at -120 and with setting I have raised it to -150.. but now I am pretty much stuck... for 3D its a lot different... but the same as yours so far..

I think when you find a combo you will be surprised.