HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2013 thread.

NoMS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HWBOT staff, can we get a rules clarification and update for the Northwood processors? Right now, the competition stages list Northwood P4 2.8 and 3.0 chips as legal. But they don't specify that these need to be the Northwood 'A' 100 MHz FSB chips, as opposed to the Northwood 'C' chips with 200 MHz FSB and HT. The 'C' chips were released in 2003 and should be specifically disallowed. I mention this because numerous submissions have been made with 'C' chips and if those are disallowed (which they should be by the rules), the competitors need time to generate new submissions. If this is already being addressed then I apologize for the redundancy.

Even if you are right - and i don't have any reason to believe that you aren't - it's not right to change the competition rules just before the end of the competition.

Just 15 days left and this competition started two (2) months before.

So pls don't discuss for it. Leave as it is even if it is a bit wrong.

This is my humble opinion...

Same here we have scores submitted with that CPU... Sorry HWBOT crew but it can't take 14 days to allow it or not...

Now it's too late to say they can't be allowed...

Sign. Same case here. Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (FSB 200) even stands in the list of CPU's that are officially allowed at the SPi1M Stage and it's also listed as allowed in the 3DM03 History Stage.

So - what's the final descision?! Can i use the CPU or not? I want to bench further at the weekend, but i don't want to spend 30h in benching and get results which will be deleted or won't count for the team-cup... then i can use my rare freetime for other things. :(

It's a little bit to late to discuss this question isn't it?! 14 days left, every one has to buy and bin other CPU's - so our problem?

I don't want to attack the staff, everybody makes mistakes but in my eyes it would be really unfair to say that they are not allowed - 2 weeks before ending of the stages. :(

best regards

DopeLex

• Crew

Sorry mate, rules were NOT clear... nothing fair about changing stuff two weeks before the competition ends...

Really where does it say that the 200FSB is NOT allowed ? they specifically mention the 2.4 and 2.8Ghz Northwood, not the 3GHz version...

Only Pentium 4 3.06 GHz, Pentium 4 1.6 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 1.8 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 2.0 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 2.2 GHz, Pentium 4 2.26 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz Northwood (100 FSB), Pentium 4 2.4 GHz Northwood (133 FSB), Pentium 4 2.5 GHz, Pentium 4 2.8 GHz B Northw. (133 FSB), Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Northwood, Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, Pentium 4 2.53 GHz

I don't look for the manufacturing date of the CPU, the crew should have done that properly beforehand when posting the rules...

Edited by Leeghoofd

But if you need to buy a CPU, Board and the vga -everyone would buy what he thinks that it is the best choice. So you check the list and you see: oh 3Gigz FS200 NW - sounds good, go buy it. You double checked the list: okay CPU is allowed - hit the "buy" button, done. Then you make several testings and submit results, everybody see's the results, some say: good one (maybe even staff) and you are happy. Then, round about two weeks before end of challenge, someone says: "Hey, was our mistake but we have to delete your results. Yes we know, not much time left but then you have to try harder and buy some more CPU's."

That doesn't sound fair in my eyes and of course you (TASOS)are right, for all the guys who didn't use the specific CPU('s) it's also a little bit unfair but i think vice versa it's a little bit more unfair. I think so, why e.g. i didn't chechekd on my own when the P4 3G (FSB) was released, cause i thought i can rely on the list and rules - so why i have to double check this? :(

Edit: Sign Leeghoofd - same thought's on my side.

Edited by DopeLex

For me it was clear from the start.

In any case i (or my team members) had any doubt , i asked or doublecheck release dates and related parameters.

Below in red highlighted , is the key factor of this competition.

The main theme of the Team Cup 2013 revolves around high-end performance since the beginning of this millennium. We took the most high-end components available at every second year, starting from 2000, and build a competition around it featuring the benchmarks SuperPI 1M, 3DMark03 and 3DMark Vantage.

That's my opinion ... that's where i stand.

• Crew

1) Again in case you didnt read our comments properly : we did not check release dates as we thought the hardware list laid down was double checked. In the category of NW there was no FSB specification for the 3Ghz CPUs. Maybe my bad that I didn't check the release date... but it's too late for me now to get a 3GHz 133FSB CPU and get it at my place in due time...

2) It took the staff more than 15 days to reach no decision... too little too late now, in my humble opinion...