HWBOT Community Forums

Too much sponsoring in OC League!!!

I make an Threat now for sponsoring in OC League.

This League now isnt really fair thought. We have a lot of sponsored Benchers in there, also a lot of sponsored Benchers back from Pro League!

This isnt fair for all Benchers, who put a lot of money and time on there own pocket!

When i look in top 10, there are pretty shure sponsoring guys, which not only get an GPU or an Motherboard...

I will not name Guys now, but all the benchers with too much sponsoring should leave this league!

Getting an ammount of Hardware per year of 5000$ + cant stay in OC League anymore!

Hope, Hwbot Staff will handle soon:)

Edited by Moose83

Name those for who are you talking about if you want this tread to end somewhere.

I remember that I had replied to someone again for this fact. There's no reason to discuss about sponsorship in the pro oc but in the oc league you have to gain this advantage. Do some good scores and ask the vendors fro some products. Have you tried it ?

C'mon most of the top guys of the oc leage have hundreds of hw points that none have come of sponsoring.The have come from binning and benching old cards and cpus,also running obscure categories (primes,pcmark and now cinebench) that give many gl points and all this hardware have nothing to do with sponsoring...

And to achieve all this there are many hours of benching,much self money involved and a LOT of ln2.

Also imo getting a free sample now and then is soooo much different than sponsoring.All ocers that went to computex got a gift or two but i don't think that is sponsoring,

In my mind having a sponsor means that you don't care about burning cpu's,damaging vga's etc vendors pay for ln2 etc but i don't think that's the case here,maybe that's only me of course :)

Run some legitimate benchmarks and earn the right to complain Moose.

The people your are complaining about could just as easily complain about all the PCMark points you have, with virtually zero competition. Your rank is artificially inflated so really you are talking about people with scores that aren't even comparable to your own.

I don't always agree with Moose, but he is right in a way. Sure your 1 free vga/mobo/psu per year might not compare with Vince's hardware but it is still FREE hardware you didn't pay for and you gained boints with it.

Can I have now have a free Titan? :P

Run some legitimate benchmarks and earn the right to complain Moose..

Dunno man, he's ahead of both of us in HWM League, you can't do that just by PCM...

Edited by GENiEBEN

Thats clear;) I stay on 3D the last time, but compare 3D with an Ivy against "CPU Mafia" still isnt possible:D

Thanks Genie, i have a lot of 2D Points, thats why good in HW Masters Ranking:) And not only PCM05 :P

And Genie, look differened, getting an Mobo or PSU doesnt give me advantage, but getting a lot of CPUs and GPUs give me advantage, thats the point;)

Edited by Moose83

HWM league is a grinders game. It doesn't reflect performance which exceeds that of ones peers. It reflects more activity and experience with hardware - respectable, but something different than OC league. I was talking about his oc league rank, where he has 320 globals and 120 hardware from pcm05. Half his OC league rank is inflated from pcm05.

More importantly though, I have tremendous disdain for the way he treats others in the community on a consistent basis. Irresponsibly reporting his competitor submissions. Complaining often. Calling cheat at any hint of an opportunity. I like to respect everyone who is contributing across the enthusiast community and helping to build it. Moose's actions make that especially hard, and I don't think he makes it a better place... He shows a narcissistic and anitsocial tendency that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Run some legitimate benchmarks and earn the right to complain Moose.

The people your are complaining about could just as easily complain about all the PCMark points you have, with virtually zero competition. Your rank is artificially inflated so really you are talking about people with scores that aren't even comparable to your own.

I allready showed my skills in competitions the last two years mate;)

For u, what is skill? Having greatest Hardware, fighting for globals and Hardware in any Benchmark? Or having Fun in OC to compete against guys in same position(with no sponsoring)?

You seem to be under the impression that IMOG is sponsored. That would be incorrect.

Life is not fair, moose. It never has been and it never will be.

Here's an idea: Instead of bitching and moaning constantly, think up a better way of doing it and lay it out for us.

The thing is , that hwbot is not what it used to be.

Anybody remember the days with RB and bots in every forum ?

Anyway ...

Long story , short.

Every year passing-by (so far) , with all these new ideas and categories and promotions ... with pro styles , superpro styles and super duper pro styles ... you are loosing the amateurs , the everyday people , the ones that have o/c as a hobby and loving it.

If it's the big boys that you want here ...

Those 20-30 working for companies and an other 20-30 that are friends of the first group and get the leftovers of hardware ... then let it be that way.

But just tell so.

So , everybody else that doesnt agree with that idea , can look up for an other place-space ... where they wont bother you and perhaps competition should be more pure !!!

YES ... it's good to see extreme scores.

Scores that need Skills to achieve.

BUT ... what's the point of all that , when you know , that it takes extreme binning of everything (in Laaarge quantities ... and for free) to get there.

The ordinary people , that can afford to buy one board , one cpu , one pair of mem , one vga ... even assuming that they have the skills ... they simply dont stand a chance , to even come close to a top score.

SO ...

It has to be crystal clear ... where everybody stands and then go by the book.

Companies , sponsored , semi sponsored , and best buddies sponsored ... should be in one big yard.

Rest of the world in an other one , their own.

Recognition for achievements ... for ALL people.

p.s.

Plz excuse my English.

IMOG is Pro, no matter what he is sponsoring:D

IMOG went pro just so to help out OCF for the Pro Cup and so that they would have representation.

As for my opinion on this, I always liked a single league. I don't see how I can honestly say i'm ranked xx when people are being forced to move the the now non-existent pro league. I'll use myself as an example. I'm currently ranked #2 in the US. I can't honestly think that I'm ranked #2 in the US when there are people in the "pro league" who might be ranked higher. People like vince will be a given that they be ranked higher, but I'd know where I stand. There are quite a few who just do reviews but don't post spectacular scores, maybe I'm ahead of them and maybe I'm not. The same thing would apply to the global rankings. I'm around 20th, but there might be about 50 so called pro's who could be ahead of me. I'd be fine with a rank of 70 instead of 20. I don't need to exclude people to have a higher rank.

As for the argument of PCM05, I fall in the same boat. A good majority of my high global scores are from pcm05. The truth is that I enjoy benching and my motivation is the points and rankings. Some might say points is the wrong reason for benching, but when I enjoy benching, it doesn't really matter what I bench, I'm still having a good time. I don't have the hardware to compete with some people and I'm fine with it.

It's also odd that Moose insults ronaldo and his countrymen for complaining about certain things and trying to get rules changed to benefit them and then goes to suggest something like this.

:celebration:

But when there is an advantage in OC League by sponsoring, this cant be OCX League;) Mike, no talk about Brazil please:D

Pros now getting back to XOC too, with an big amount of Hardware:( And this is the real point, why i start this threat!!!

Just wait for staff meaning about the problematic:)

Edited by Moose83

• Crew
I will not name Guys now, but all the benchers with too much sponsoring should leave this league!

Getting an ammount of Hardware per year of 5000$ + cant stay in OC League anymore!

Hope, Hwbot Staff will handle soon:)

First I thought, you are talking about me, but then I read the 5000 $ +...So it can't be me!

Officially: I got this year 3 MoBos (for free) and 2 ARES (for testings) from ASUS...

Ok, coming back to topic...

Why don't you throw in my name? It is obvious you are talking about me...

I personally did this step exactly to start this discussion AND show, the system hwbot is going from my point of view in the wrong direction...

I can also complain about from my point of view real PRO-OCers? Do I so? No...

I'm still only complain about hwbot getting to difficult, nobody understand the different categroies, leagues and everything...

Another aspect: If my name is written in the ranking, it is good for our team, and that is the only thing that counts...:ws:

Edited by stummerwinter

People always have advantages and disadvantages. Your advantage is having "easy points" in PCMark, someone else's is getting a graphics card or two to play with.

100% fair is simply impossible. Deal with it.

Thread closed.

//EDIT: re-opened because apparently we are a dictatorship now. Oh well ...

Edited by Massman

This is a quite difficult topic so don't expect a solution for this.

Looking at the XOC League you will surely find some sponsored guys (have to include myself there) but for me the most important question is: Does the sponsoring affect the position of your current ranking?

For example person A recieves a highly binned CPU and a board (value maybe 1000€) it will push him a lot in the ranking. Person B gets 5 good boards but no CPU. It will most likely not affect his current ranking.

I can only speak for myself and I made it to top 15 XOC league without any sponsored hardware just by using a 2600K and some cheap cards like 8800 GTS and spending a lot of time. So if you invest a lot of time you can collect a good amount of 50p HW-results and some global points (without highly binned stuff) which will push you into top 20 for sure. Once you hit the Top 20 you should be able to get some hardware from vendors to continue your journey.

Money will always rule this sport like any other sport. Every decent overclocker here could be on top of the ranking if he had enough money even without any sponsoring.

The thing is , that hwbot is not what it used to be.

Anybody remember the days with RB and bots in every forum ?

Anyway ...

Yeah, I remember the days this project made 100% loss every month with debt piling up and RB doing everything in his spare time as hobby. Fun times ...

This is a quite difficult topic so don't expect a solution for this.

Looking at the XOC League you will surely find some sponsored guys (have to include myself there) but for me the most important question is: Does the sponsoring affect the position of your current ranking?

For example person A recieves a highly binned CPU and a board (value maybe 1000€) it will push him a lot in the ranking. Person B gets 5 good boards but no CPU. It will most likely not affect his current ranking.

I can only speak for myself and I made it to top 15 XOC league without any sponsored hardware just by using a 2600K and some cheap cards like 8800 GTS and spending a lot of time. So if you invest a lot of time you can collect a good amount of 50p HW-results and some global points (without highly binned stuff) which will push you into top 20 for sure. Once you hit the Top 20 you should be able to get some hardware from vendors to continue your journey.

Money will always rule this sport like any other sport. Every decent overclocker here could be on top of the ranking if he had enough money even without any sponsoring.

And thats the Point Roman. If someone gets Titan, 7990 for free, he pretty shure improve his ranking a lot;)

Well the next question is whether this is enough sponsoring to be part of the Pro-OC-League/Cup. You could just turn the game around and complain that you dont have enough sponsoring to compete with the real Pros.

Like Massman said - there is never a 100% fair solution.

Don't cry Moose.

This may bring up the fact that PCMark nor should be considered in the league, and be worse for you.

You could not compete in any League without PCMark help.

You often intrudes and insults people on issues which you are not part, as overclocking 3D and real overclocking job, and now, need to remember that to be in the top ranking, you must earn.