HWBOT Community Forums

Too much sponsoring in OC League!!!

Dont be so shure, i have no 3d overbunnybirding expierience^^

And this is no PCM05 and bunnying threat mate;)

I am sure you have no 3D experience.

I mean that you enjoy the fact that PCMark is allowed to earn lots of points and scale in the ranking, and must not complain that good overclockers (2D and ALSO 3D) is better ranked, because get a couple of videocards.

Further... If you get a Titan for free from a sponsor, will not make any difference... so, don't keep bunnying.

So moose, how would you "fix" it?

Lay out some enforceable rules for us that you think would solve the problem.

This question actually goes out to ALL of you :).

Sponsorship is something that comes from outside HWBOT, not from within. The control we have over the sponsorship is extremely limited and in the end it's the people that receive the sponsored gear that will have to be part of the solution.

We have had this kind of thread about a million times now and every time it ends with no conclusion or the simplest of ideas like "HWBOT should solve this NOW".

Its hard to say how to fix it. The question is, at which point it counts as sponsoring. Getting 1 or 2 Maonboards per year i think isnt sponsoring, but getting 20+ Chips to bin, or free High End cards, then it is sponsoring;)

When I opened a topic about the ES processors, you disrespected me and insulted me (me and the people of my country).

My question was legitim, because I really am a competitor and seek results, and feel me in disavantage (like others, as Xtreme Addict, Nacho, Gnidaol and every single guy that can not get ES samples).

I have no chance if I get no ES processors, because this time, they are superior to retail and killed all my chances to compete with the 4770K.

When I writed I had a medium-3770K, too, was ironized ... nobody thought I got the processor after writing it.... when 4770K was launched and 3770K lose it value.

Regardless of anything, unlike you, I always brought the issues with respect and without insulting anyone, and after to be "losed" in my point of view, I leaved the topic.

Now you come crying like a little girl about a guy who knows a lot more overclocking than you, get better ranked than you.

What do you want? Be better placed than Stummer?

Stop crying, you have taken advantage of the flaws in the rules, as the inclusion of a benchmark like PCMark, to be better ranked.

Or do you think that your results deserve to be in the top 20?

I stopped talking with him...Next find, actually use of ES Samples in XOC...

http://www.hwbot.org/user/zz_top/

All Operons are actually generation, and he use ES Samples:D

Actually, the current gen Opterons is the 63XX (Abu Dhabi, Piledriver cores). All Opty ES that he has used are 61XX (Magny Cours, K10 cores) and 62XX (Interlagos, Bulldozer cores) which is considered old gen so its okay to use on XOC according to the rules. ;)

There's really no point in having a separate cup for the pros if what separates a "pro" from an XOL guy is the access to binned stuff. Maybe 5 people would be automatically included. Getting hardware worth a bunch of money helps alot in any league, even if we're not talking high bin stuff - the cash you save can be used to purchase a binned CPU or GPU. No matter how you look at it, a 4 figure USD sponsorship gives a pretty big advantage compared to the regular guys, and if we're not going to eliminate most of the gaps between different types of overclockers, what's the point in having these leagues separated at all?