vMod-requests and general discussions

der8auer

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

after looking back through DS, seem there is no VID for this application :(

*OVP will always be +125% of set voltage using 'FB' .. at higher volts/clocks you may trip OVP under load.

*OCP can be adjusted by increasing resistance for CSN1 and CSN2 - which monitor power through inductors/phases

Thanks for that you confirmed what I was thinking about ocp and what would I do to increase the resistance as wouldn't adding a trimpot decrease it?

Edit: The only thing I can think of is replacing the resistor with a trimpot and csn1/2 both read 2kohm

Edited by newlife

Thanks once again

Mind my ignorance but would it possible to solder a VR in series between the resistor and CSN and cut the trace/IC leg? I have a dead card which I'm probably going to test it on and due to the resistors size I don't think I would be able to remove them

Edited by newlife

Halp guys!

Boght this gem few days ago - ABIT AX78 AM2+. Being a 3+1 vrm it struggles real hard with Phenom quads, I get OCP shutdown over 3 ghz 1,5 vcore. I refuse to find another mobo - this will be OCP modded even if it so will end up frying both mobo and cpu! :D

Vrm IC is ISL 6323 http://www.intersil.com/content/dam/Intersil/documents/isl6/isl6323.pdf

@ newlife - use some fine surgical tweezers if you can to squeeze the resistor and 'rock' back'n'forth until it pops free. *otherwise.. I would try your idea with trace/cut.. just make sure you can test and repair if necessary.

@ Calethea -

*RSET & ISEN1,2,3,4 will be for OCP.. trace them to resistors for mod, increasing resistance should move OCP range higher

*VSEN - OVP .. may not be necessary, trigger is ~1.73v; trace to resistor for mod, increasing resistance should move OVP range higher

*FS -> VCC - Frequency switching may help.. to disable set droop, make sure FS pin is tied to VCC with resistor (and not ground).

it may work to lower OCP.. see where stock value is at according to the below

*from DS - " Connect this pin to the VCC pin through a resistor (RSET) to set the effective value of

the internal RISEN current sense resistors. The values of the RSET resistor should be no

less than 20kΩ and no more than 80kΩ"

Yep, if it's below say 60k I will switch it to a 100k VR instead. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Just to update, the mod works! I can run the x4 9850BE 3400 MHz @ 1.43 vcore wprime 1024m, no ocp what so ever. Power draw at wall is 300 W and vrm reach 100 °C though... I think this is not advisable! :D

Edited by Calathea

• 3 weeks later...
Use a memory editor like artmoney to increase the limit in ab by searching for the max volts in a memory editor which in this case is 1350 and the memory address will start with something like 44 or 45. You need to have AB running and not minimized for it to work

This works for HD7870 too and probably many other vga too. Cool way of softmod! :)