HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Have you tried a bit more voltage?

I'm very far from a memory guru. I only know the basics, but I am trying to learn a bit more. :)

Guest Bullant

Yeah what websmile said is correct 1.93 is getting to the limit on air on my PSC as well,cold not needed for twcl6

Just keep playing with it sabishiihito you getting there,nice to see you posting 2666mhz

I haven't looked at your volts settings but having these off can be the difference from a instant fail on 32m to a pass even

Could also be nice idea to drop back to 2600 dial that in,then once it passes tighter then try the 2666,if still fail with 2666 tighter then maybe memory's or possible imc,2666 twcl7 and couple tighter subs still be nice too

Edited by Bullant

Guest TheMadDutchDude

He's in university at the moment with very little hardware to play with. I feel bad for him. :D

Mine's sat next to me at the moment with a 1156 board in its place for now. I want to push it harder. I never tried to play with the PCIE frequency and wondered why it stopped dead at 225 BCLK with 100MHz PCIE. Thanks to playing with the X58, I now know to push it to get it higher. I see some tasty points coming when i get my first LN2 delivery in a few weeks. :)

Guest Bullant

Just removed HS from some Gskill Pi 2300 cl8 kit,these are st code ics

In my testing comparing KO to ST code memory's,St memorys not the strongest air memory's but seem to scale quite high volts with ln2.Just prepping OCF now with KP Ney Pro and these memory's to see how they go.

DSCN8414.jpg

282hrgi.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Decided to test the Gskill Pi 2200 cl7-10-10 kit,-155 and kit tops out at 2.16v would be nice if the kit could push more volts

2s020t4.png

2wrjfxz.png

6ycq5t.png

1547jtg.png

Edited by Bullant

• Administrators

They were psc kits rated for 1366 and amd - 2000 6-9-6 and Flare for AMD 2000 7-9-7, on 775 PSC are awful. You want to use mems for older platforms you mentioned, get some Hyper ;) - what would be benefit to use PSC cold at 5-7-5 or similar timings (if these would be possible, certain cas values don´t work at 1366 for example in confiurations normally used) when you can run Hyper tighter on air or cold?