HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

Some quick 32M Random PSC freq testing on the new Z97 OC Formula,still low volts so should go even higher when pushed,efficiency runs to come soon

passx2.png

DSCN9431.jpg

Guest Bullant
twcl8, I presume?

How high can you suicide?

Yes 8 Sam,it also boots these timings and mhz with trfc 109,I didn't check stability tho,I also left subs on auto,tweaking them would of aloud me to push bit higher as well I would think.I haven't really tested suicide,It may even run this at trcd12 as well.It was just quick test,will try more next time

Guest Bullant
Very nice looking pics mate. Just out of curiosity do you have to insulate the 24Pin connector in any kind of way?? Looks like it gets pretty frosty.

Hey, yeah I do insulate the 24 pin but because I was testing a few sets of memory's I was bit slack and didn't insulate the 24 pin as good as I should of

Guest Bullant
Very interesting. So it'll be new competition - run 32m PSC 1500+MHz? How do you think Bullant there is any difference in memory overclocking between Z87 OC Formula and Z87?

Hey MaJor, yes Z97 is good memory clocker ,I think we see 2800-2900mhz 6-10-6 all tight on Z97

Guest Bullant

Hi extreme A,yeah maybe Z97 is particular on imc

Edit

Few random PSC testing on Z97 OCF

G Skill 2200 Pi cl7s stability test, heat sinks still on these memory's temps only -110,should improve a little more with colder temps

pi2200.png

DSCN9458.jpg

Patriots 2000 9-9-9-27 3x2Gb kit,

patriot.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
how much voltage on PSC Bullant ???

Hey,for these PSC voltage was 2.1-2.15,some PSC don't like more then 2.15v no matter what temps,my better memory's doing 2800 cl6-10-6 tight is 2.2v.

Guest Bullant
Do you have any elpida hyper lying arround :) for a short test ?

Considering this is the last platform where they can work,i'm curious if something changed in their behaviour..

Hey,I think I only have 1 dim left of Eplida hyper as I sold all my kits,I can try the 1 dim but not sure if this would give you much idea,Loud or Splave mite have some kits they could post in here,think it was Zen on XS getting nice results from them on Z87 OCF

Guest Bullant
Very nice! How did the 2000 c9's clock on z87/z77?

Hi,

The Patriots did quite good on Z77and Z87,on air 2600 8-12-8 twcl6 and ln2 it passed 2600 6-10-6 tried 2666 6-10-6,on air Z87 was 2666 8-12-8 twcl6 and ln2 passed 6-10-6 2666 tried 2700 6-10-6 .I used them in the very beginning on Z77,will have a look later see if I have any results or pics of them saved

Guest Bullant
I have a pi kit that i tested it tonight and can do spi32m on air at 2700 cl 8-12-81t 88 twcl6 at 1.89v on z87ocm formula,what should i expect from it on sub zero cooling or a z97 mobo ?

They sound like they have code KO 8155 or KO 8117 ? They sound like they could be 2000 cl6 Pi kit or maybe 2300 cl8 kit either way they are a low volt kit,I also have a low volt air Pi kit too that are untested on ln2,@ a guess if they run cl6 they should do 2666-2800 6-10-6,if they are say 2200 Pi kit some of them only do cl7 but can push the MHz in the few kits I've tried,so they should do 2800 7-10-7 or very close to it going on the MHz you are getting from air.

Just a exsample is my two kits I've posted above that did 2800 7-10-7 both only do 2666 8-12-8 1.93v air,the key too good cold memory is also how they scale on volts,quite often in the PSC I've tested 2.15v is all they allow,the better cold kits tend to scale 2.2+, also tuning iod volts correctly this can also allow you to drop dram volts a little

Either way you sound like you have a nice kit of ram not many kits do air 2700 8-12-8 twcl6 and tight subs,I'm guess you had subs tighten up a little, imc will play a little part in pushing MHz but good ram also plays a part in that too

Edit,I think on air they you should expect the same results on Z97,it may run a little tighter

Edited by Bullant

It's the pi 2200 and the rest of the settings are from the profile in bios ("2666 psc tight on air 1.92") i've just set the twcl,tras and voltage lower. Thanks mate for reply.

ahhh no trdrd 4 is why you are able to run 2700 so easily.

My bin for 2666-2740 on air is:

http://i.imgur.com/PHK39SQ.png

very tight but it seems to yield quality kits on cold.

Speaking of hypers, ran this last night on the air rig while testing Devils Canyon:

w9tYk5p.png

• Thanks 2