HWBOT Community Forums

3DMark11 added to HWBOT?

Massman

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix the security problems pro/Belgian Overlord have mentioned and I'm sure the benchmark will be boatloads of fun. It would be a nice thing to be able to submit from a non-DX11 OS but that isn't a deal breaker. No subtests with licensed versions is a huge pain in the butt and should be rectified if you expect to see wide adoption.

Duke;83421']I have to say that this bench really sucks. Only way to change your score is to raise the speeds of hardware. I could not find one tweak that affects it. Its probably good for the nooob benchers since all ya have to do is CRANK IT UP!!!

After playing with it for an hour last night i've changed my mind and concluded that this benchmark is not worthy of HWBot.

Oh no! You have to actually overclock instead of play around with software tweaks?! Nooooo....

I think what gets me is that even if you pay for the software, they are forcing you to go to their website for revenue reasons. I can understand the free version, but give us a break if we have already paid for it.

As it stands, I say no to boints for 3d11

Duke;83688']Overclocking is the easy part. Figuring out software tweaks are a pia imo.

Edit: This bench is so easy even a caveman can do it. As long as he has the hardware.

Cavemen can do it because a weak cpu will do just fine. This bench is all GPU....CPU doesn't scale worth ****.

Maybe HWbot needs to make it available for benching with no points just so we can work the bugs out of it...just like Heaven.

• Crew

yes actually as a benchmark it seems good... very similar to vantage xtreme where when in 4 way CPU clocks have minimum impact on GT...

i dont see hardly any scaling past 6 cores... i havnt done direct comparison, but cpu tests in amd/intel arnt that much different so it will totally depend how the GT looks between the platforms..

I think what gets me is that even if you pay for the software, they are forcing you to go to their website for revenue reasons. I can understand the free version, but give us a break if we have already paid for it.

As it stands, I say no to boints for 3d11

We'll fix the sub-score display offline on advanced edition. Just wait for the patch.

i think its fair enough that we as a community pay futuremark if the bench in question meets the requirements we need it to meet,

some of the key to me being,

* flexing up to date hardware, dx11 - TICK

* heavy on GPU when it first comes out - TICK

* good level of security built in - this bench is a step backwards from 03,05,06,vantage which is a step backwards again from 3d01

* subtests visually available - we really need to see some GT and CPU/combined FPS without going into the results.xml and digging them out..

I think futuremark have delivered the hard parts of the deal, but left a couple of the minor parts out..

We'll fix the minor parts. Give us a bit to sort it all out...

Just FYI, 3DMark 11 patch v1.01 is now available.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark11/update/3DMark_11_v100_to_v101_updater.exe

3DMark 11 version 1.01 release notes

All Editions

* Fixed an issue with SystemInfo that prevented the Physics and Combined tests from running.

* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the DirectX 11 API or .NET was not available.

* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the number of system GPUs was unknown.

* Letterboxing and scaling now works with wide displays.

* The benchmark UI is now minimized during the benchmark run.

* Improved result security when submitting to 3dmark.com.

* Added automatic update notification.

* Updated SystemInfo component to version 3.54.1.1.

Advanced and Professional Edition only

* Added option for manual GPU Count selection to the Advanced tab.

* Added Scaling Mode selection to the Advanced tab, choose from centred or stretched.

* Results tab now shows the individual scores for each of the six tests. <- as requested by HWBot community and others :)

Professional Edition only

* Demo audio now works when running from the command line.

* Image Quality tool now handles unexpected parameters correctly.

* Image Quality tool now works correctly with the reference rasterizer option.

Edited by FM_Jarnis
typofix

Guest RedBaron
I honestly think it should be added as a hwbot bench. the money arguement was made when they were contemplating vantage but put it to a vote a public poll, the money really dont much matter we want rankings FTW!!!!

I totaly agree. After 1.1 patch nothing more holding from adding this bench from ny point of view.

Further SystemInfo stand-alone update is available

http://www.futuremark.com/download/files/Futuremark_SystemInfo_v36111_installer.exe

This will be rolled into benchmark patches soon but we made it available as stand-alone hotfix. Should fix any remaining hardware detection issues, including the infamous "broken water" in 3DMark Vantage with SLI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The people is responding well with that Benchmark.

I buy it Advanced license , when are posible that includes hpoints ?

Thank's ! ;)