1. 1. Should hwbot add 3DMark Vantage?

• yes, add 'performance' with points
    • yes, add 'performance' without points
    • yes, add 'high' with points
    • yes, add 'high' without points
    • yes, add 'extreme' with points
    • yes, add 'extreme' without points
    • no, don't add 3Dmark vantage

The online submission-stuff sucks, as most people don't like to have that kind of stuff enabled on a benching rig, and I bet alot of people bench in a room with no connection (I do at least).

I'd say it's Ok to try this, as 3dmark has been supported for a long time. However, someone (rich?) should tell FM that if they don't make the next 3dmark version more bench friendly, it won't be added to HWBot.

About the "bench for fun"-discussion, I bench for WR's. If i can't get the WR I bench for boints. I no longer think it's fun to fight for 20th place. Maybe others do, but I don't. My attitude is perfectly fine, the problem is that some people don't understand that people are different - some are happy with ANY result. and others aren't happy until they cracked the WR.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's Ok to try this, as 3dmark has been supported for a long time. However, someone (rich?) should tell FM that if they don't make the next 3dmark version more bench friendly, it won't be added to HWBot.

I've already mailed FM. No reaction yet...

Our decision is backup up by the votes, you're not just calculating it right.

# of Add Vantage >>> # of don't add vantage

# of don't give points (=192) > # of give points (=169).

# of don't give points (added four numbers) (a+b+c+d=192) > # of give points (added three numbers) (e+f+g=169).

All of your benches are optimized for Windows 2000-XP and anyone can cheat them. I believe this poll does not justify your decision to exclude Vista from benching. Actually I see it this way: You excluded one half of your community from benching Vista, since all forums ignore benchmarks without points.

I would only exclude from points the Professional 3DMark Vantage, since it is much easier to cheat with saved results.

Adding up four or three numbers doesn't make a difference as it's all about the ammount of users.

Please read through the reasons why we decided not to award hwboints to 3DMark Vantage:

1) Most of the HWBot community doesn't want points to be awarded

2) Not being able to save results without a $500 licence is not acceptable as most benchers do not have an internet connection on their bench setup.

By the way, last time I checked, Vista was necessary to run good PCMark05's and Wprimes ... so far for your "HWBot hates Vista" argument :).

.., just add it.., it will b so in the end anyways.., by adding the whole encilada.., variety comes to the benchers who can choose their level of Vantage. How would it look if Vantage was excluded from Hwbot..? Vantage will b around for years to come.., add it and go with the flow.., if probs occur like with connected bench rigs.., expensive licenses.., lets just solve it along the way shall we...

Vantage is not excluded from HWBot, hell, the category was there even before Vantage was launched.

Vantage is, however, not included in the HWBoints bench suite, which means that scores for Vantage do not get points.

my personal opinion is no it shouldnt be added . 1 is because the reuirement of vista only 2 the requirement of sp1 , which some peeps still having issues with the service pack . 3 because u have to purchase it . 1 run is never enough to properly guage system performance and it doesnt allowin fine tuning .

yea.., I know.., not easy to make the right and most fair decision...

Just anoying to read so many negativ posts about this benchmark. But.., it will change in time and we will all enjoy this new way of figuring out who can push our stuff to its max!

C U all out there.. :-)

I have to agree with you, Fubarswe, there are a lot of negative remarks since the release of 3DMark Vantage and too much people focus on the negative side of the benchmark. For me, there's no need in spending too much time benching Vantage as it's not included in the HWBoints bench suite and thus I won't be adding points to the team's total.

However, this does not mean that I think Vantage is all negative there is. Vantage does put the setup to it's limits and stresses the graphics card in DX10 mode. If it wasn't for the rediculously high price of $495, I wouldn't mind paying for it and I reckon a lot of votes would change category. If I remember correctly, the NO-votes went up the moment people were aware of the issues with saving a score.

Futuremark seems to be changing it's policy now, so I hope we will be able to add 3DMark Vantage to the HWBoints bench suite pretty soon :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please add this, for some reason only 3dmark03 and Vantage uses my 2 3850's, it lists display adapters as false when on 05/06, but vantage has it as true, and I get added performance. I get extra performance with 03, but it lists them as false.

• 1 month later...

New problems with Futuremark benchmarks, Fubarswe. Have you read the thread about the PCMark05 inconsistencies? Apparently certain manufacturers would automatically score higher points.

We're not going to take down the PCMark05 benchmark (no reason to panic), but I would really like to wait for more information on this issue

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196616