• yes, add 'performance' with points
    • yes, add 'performance' without points
    • yes, add 'high' with points
    • yes, add 'high' without points
    • yes, add 'extreme' with points
    • yes, add 'extreme' without points
    • no, don't add 3Dmark vantage

typical yank, speaking out of your ass

i guess you think that having to submitt my 3 core gpu scores against 4 is fair aswell you silly twat, dicks like you should learn to keep quiet instead of flame a post.

LOL! looks like I hit the nail on the head eh buddy? I mustve stuck a chord because I WASNT flaming, I was expressing my OWN opinion, which if anyone looks at it is probably how the majority of people who bench feel! Im not in the top 10, nor do I own any crazy cpus or gfx cards. I bench to beat my previous scores, learn more about hardware/computers, meet/share ideas and converse with some really cool people (glad your not one of them :)), and to.... wait for it.... HAVE FUN!!!! This is a hobby, you should enjoy doing it! If your so worried about points and ranks and trophys, just create your own site and give yourself a million points and a big gold trophy. Then maybe youll feel better about yourself?

As for the "typical yank" comment, Im not even going to lower myself to your level with a response, you bigot.

As for the "3 cores vs 4 cores isnt fair" comment, YOUR RIGHT! Its not fair, LIFES NOT FAIR! But your beloved benchmark 3dmark06 haveing a quad help WAY MORE than it does in vantage. So why dont you go cry about every benchmark in existence for that matter... Olympic medalists dont cry about how its unfair in the 200m dash that someone who is 6 inches taller than them has a bigger stride and so can run faster. They try their hardest, bring glory to their country anyways and.... GUESS WHAT? sometimes they win! Now why dont you try to bring some glory to your country instead of appearing like an ignorant fool who should really keep his discriminatory comments in his own deluded head. Its not my fault you have an inferiority complex and feel the need to bash an ENTIRE county based on what 1 person of that country said. ;)

P.S. ADD VANTAGE FOR POINTS!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is implemented, it should be done for all other benchmarks too, makes benching more interesting for those who don't have/use multi socket, multi GPU systems:)

Old rankings should never be changed unless we really really have to.

We already have a logical reasonable vs. extreme division (or just single ranking where applicable) in all of them. Dividing by cpu sockets would only make some marginal differences in pcmark05 and 3dmark06 iirc (in the latter only the bot AIs in cpu tests get multithreaded extensively and this workload seems to be quite limited), so there was/is no need to do it.

The idea would be to never have more than two rankings for a new benchmark, because more than that leads to a confusing situation, and can give too much emphasis for a single bm. So the division (or opting for just a single category) would be made depending on the particular (new) benchmark, looking at how it scales. We could divide by cpu sockets, or by gpus, or by both of them, but would always have at most two rankings for any benchmark.

Why should HWbot NOT include 3D Mark Vantage ?

Because most people will not use it ?

That's not the way to go, and definitely not logical.

You guys are also complaining about the points, how rich ppl will gain more points than you with Vantage, etc.

First of all, if you're doing it just for the points, then you should take a break, and think why are you doing this, and if there's a point in doing this.

You're looking at the ocean but you can't see the water.

p.s. If that's the case, let's remove PC Mark 05 because only rich people with iRAMs & SSDs can get to the top.

Let's also remove 3D Mark03 as well because it requires 3+ GPUs to get close to the top.

And let us also delete HWbot and kill Fred for his stupid idea :-p

You don't like 3D Mark Vantage ? Fine. Don't run it. Nobody's forcing you to do so.

But don't try to force the rest to follow your way, and don't ask ppl to include 3dmv but not gaining any points.

It's your decision not to run this bench. Others like and want to, and find dedication and excitement into benching this one as well.

Do you have the right to tell them not to, or that their efforts aren't worth any points ?

So basically you're saying that people should not express an opinion....unless of course it falls in line with yours?

Unless you miissed something, this is a poll, In a poll/feedback forum, users are asked to do just that. you're argument is not making sense, you contradict yourself but saying if you dont like it bla bla, dont force the rest of us? whos forcing who? its like you are angry about it... chill out man. look at the flowers and trees or something and get your head out of your pc for half an hour..LOL

Well ... I voted for professional preset + with points ... Unfortunately I learned the bad news after my vote ... :( Paying 500$ so that you can save the score (and of course ultimately tweak your benchmark - because you have a variety of options to change ... for instance, you can always delete your network once you have the professional version, and then save your scores ... But that would give you an unfair advantage over the rest of PPLs ... :(), is totally irrational ... :(

20$ for advanced isn't a lot of money ... But why the hell do I have to have my internet connection installed on a bench rig, on a tweaked OS that I've done everything to make it " lighter " for benching ... That's the main part, I disagree with Futuremark ... It's exorbitantly expensive for the majority of PPLs, 500 bucks so that you can save your score ... :(

Now as far as Vista is concerned ... Guys let's face it ... I know Vista is a crappy OS, but it's now the OS that has to be promoted ... Don't forget, that for example when HALO 3 was out on PCs, it came with a stupid sign : " Vista only " ... I mean, from now on, let's face it, Vista will be promoted with one or the other way ;) It's marketing, it's a way for Microsoft to be richer ... Hence, all of you, who think of " Vista only " as a manipulative move that will only get " them " richer, the answer is don't use Vista .... don't bench Vantage ... I'm with you (I use XP + SP2, for years now and I'm happy with it :)), I certainly would like it if FutureMark had made Vantage available for DX9 APIs also, but that's how marketing works ... And besides that, we all judge FutureMark's move from our point of view ... Just like we would like Vantage to work with XP, some people want Vantage working with their Vista OS ...

I'm going to use a trial version of Vista in one of my HDDs just to test Vantage, and see what it's like :) And of course I'll use the old good PrtSc ... :P ...

one of the facts I can't understand is that you can't save scores in the advanced edition - that sucks badly. So first of all you have to install vista AND your bench rig filled with LN2 has to be online??? lol futuremark you are really kiddin' the benchers....personally I don't care if it is added or not but I hope there will never be hwbot points for results. I will not use it even I would be interested in it but over the years the 3D Mark have gone a bad way....why everybody loves '01? Because you could choose the tests even in the trial.....

I voted add performance, with points.

People are gonna have to face it, we all have to move to Vista eventually if we want to play future games anyway, so Vista is no excuse not to have the benchmark.

The only argument against is the cost, but come on, $7 can be found under your car seats and couch cushions.

And the online excuse is no excuse. It just upsets those that tweak their OS to disable networking while benching. It only take a few extra seconds to submit your score online. LN2 cooling has squat to do with it.

I remember how people criticized XP when it launched. Everyone was happy with Win95 :) Isn't it?

Like you or not, but Microsoft will force all of us to install Vista. Just a question of time.

Multi LN pots rig connected to network is really cool :)

I voted add performance, with points.

People are gonna have to face it, we all have to move to Vista eventually if we want to play future games anyway, so Vista is no excuse not to have the benchmark.

The only argument against is the cost, but come on, $7 can be found under your car seats and couch cushions.

And the online excuse is no excuse. It just upsets those that tweak their OS to disable networking while benching. It only take a few extra seconds to submit your score online. LN2 cooling has squat to do with it.

I have been using Vista for ages now. I will not pay money ( I don't care if it's 1 penny ) to run a benchmark that tells me absolutely nothing. The only reason FM still exists is that a fairly large bunch of idiots think that 3DM scores matter or are an indication of the ability of a pc to play games.......they are NOT ;)

the argument for running/not running this benchmark for HWBoints is about cost; HWbot is about free benchmark software, hence adding software which requires payment up to $500 for full functionality is not seen as "normal" ;) so there is this poll to see what the majority of the HWBot users think.

This is idiotism. $20 is reasonable cost. The same as other FM pro licenses. 500$ to see the score immediately after benchmark completed is the reason to consult the physician :)

The correct question in the poll should be: Is worth Pro version of Vantage for home users? I think not, these $500 are too much for majority of PC users, whatever it say. More likely, the $20 version could had the offline save option, and everything works just fine. But no, Futuremark have to sneak in my rig, set me blind and send out of my machine God knows what. In top of all, I can see my own result benched on my own hardware only if that system is online. I can't add in that browser window the other programs windows I used so people can see my real settings and more stuff. Why, can I ask? What's the point?

George_o/c, I agree with you, we all have to move, sooner or later, on Vista. But not in that ugly way used by the Microsoft and Futuremark (and other companies who kiss Bill's ass) and not so fast. What's the hurry, that Vista crap just was released few months ago, what did they think? That people will massively migrate on it? Big mistake from Bill, there's not so much people who's in love with Vista, that's the point, and now he want to regain the lost ground. That's why the RAM prices was cut off several times, that's why the CPU prices was cut off, again, several times, that's why more and more hardware prices was cut off, to "invite" people to move on Vista. But I don't get one: why the Vista's price isn't cut off? Maybe because Bill have more to win from new OEM systems which are delivered with Vista, just like that, whatever I want it or not.

BenchZowner, here's a little bit radical suggestion, don't you think? At the first point, it will be a good thing from Futuremark ... if this will happen. At the second point, honestly, I can't agree with you for several reasons:

- this can be take as a monopoly, against antitrust laws as I know

- why send me to *nix world when you well know there is nothing to do for real benching or gaming

- I like some Microsoft's products, so why can't use them further? because of a crappy OS (Vista) and a more crappy bench tool (vantage) which have to be promoted in any possible way?

- I prefer Server 2003 instead of XP, 'cause is more stable and versatile, and much more reliable, 3DM06 and all my programs runs flawless on it, so why can't use this OS instead of Vista? Microsoft can implement DX10 API in any modern OS it want, if it want to. But no, don't want that, it have to promote newest shiny and good-looking packed shit named Vista. The most funniest thing is that DX10 API is implemented in the newest version of server operating system, Windows Server 2008. It was possible for this, but not for XP. Oh, wait ... XP was announced EOL from june this year, but ... wait again ... a few days ago was released SP3 for it. I don't get it ... Microsoft drop XP in the same time of appearance of a new SP for it. Shame on Microsoft this time. Maybe Server 2008 will be better choice instead of Vista, in the end.

You excluded PCMark Vantage to stick with your "no payment" rules as you said. Remember?

This poll is a joke.

You should give access to all futuremark benchmarks with points and without restrictions.

Otherwise stick with your "no payment" rules and good luck.

Remember this.

Is that an educated guess or do you have a word from someone @ FM? :D

Having a chat with somebody @ FM ( not tech support or sales, higher ranked bloke ;) )

this can be take as a monopoly, against antitrust laws as I know

FutureMark is NOT the ONLY company releasing benchmarks, so monopoly will NOT stand in the court of law.

- why send me to *nix world when you well know there is nothing to do for real benching or gaming

If you were so benchmarking addicted you wouldn't be arguing here with me, you'd be downloading vista trial version already and trying the benchmark yourself.

- I like some Microsoft's products, so why can't use them further? because of a crappy OS (Vista) and a more crappy bench tool (vantage) which have to be promoted in any possible way?

1) Vista:

You think it's crappy, other don't.

I'm not a bling guy ( don't care about shiny GUI graphics, effects & shite ), neither a fan of XP or Vista.

I'm a linux & Windows Server user, because I like doing things the way I want.And these two OSs allow me to tune things my way.

I've tried Vista ( not as much as I've used XP/2003/2008/Linux ) and they don't seem that bad.

They have some new features that are there just for the bling factor, but there are other "enhancements" which could lead to "more productivity" for SOHO users through faster access to some stuff ( of course this requires to turn off that annoying User Account Control Shite Silly Invention ).

2) Crappy bench aka Vantage:

Once again your opinion.

And actually a opinion based on others words, or partial opinions, but still, you haven't tried it yourself, did you ?

We got it, you don't like it, but don't try to convince everybody that it's crappy as you proudly and repeatedly say.

Perhaps you could tell me if 3D Mark05 or 3D Mark06 is any better than Vantage @ Multi-GPU systems...

2) Crappy bench aka Vantage:

Once again your opinion.

And actually a opinion based on others words, or partial opinions, but still, you haven't tried it yourself, did you ?

We got it, you don't like it, but don't try to convince everybody that it's crappy as you proudly and repeatedly say.

Actually, I've used that crappy bench tool last night, and my opinion is based on what I've seen with my own eyes. Like I'd said before, this is crap. Results are below.

3dmarkvantageresult_9800gtx_q6600_default.jpg.4afd27e85f9acc1dd983b92f74b05b5e.jpg

3dmarkvantageresult_9800gtx@830x2400_q6600@3_6ghz.jpg.3d8894e86c149760745d5433da1cf1e5.jpg

3dmarkvantageresult_8600gt_x2_4200_default.jpg.40624dfdf81680d6ddf95f8b2b32f307.jpg

Okay, after reading all your comments we will take these actions:

- we'll add both 3DMark Vantage Performance and Extreme Preset.

- both without hwboints initially

- we'll contact fm to see whether they want to improve their product in order to make it more suitable for overclockers. The 7$ version should be able to:

a) show score without going online

b) save score

c) if possible, submit on winxp machine

The fact that it requires Vista is very annoying for many for us, but it should not be the deciding factor, as it's (officially) the only OS that supports DX10. It would be great if they release it on winxp too, but that's not something we can ask.

If either FM makes it more suitable for overclockers, or if it turns out 3Dmark vantage is well accepted in the community after a few months (unlike pcmark vantage), we'll enable hwboints.

Seems fair, wise decision :)richba5tard thanks for the info m8, looks like you (hwbot crew) have a difficult time making a decision ... Yeah, maybe FM let us save scores with the advanced version ... But I really don't think that they will let us submit scores on a win xp pc, nor having the score without going online ('cause that's a way for them, not to leak the scores out of Orb in screenshots, really dunno, dunno ...) ... :( Vista, is the core ... :D

Finally, a clear mind :)

- we'll add both 3DMark Vantage Performance and Extreme Preset.

- both without hwboints initially

- we'll contact fm to see whether they want to improve their product in order to make it more suitable for overclockers.

Well, that's more than nothing.

The 7$ version should be able to:

a) show score without going online

b) save score

c) if possible, submit on winxp machine

The $20 version is OK, either, if will have these options.